AP Focus Group Scam?

Tamandua

Original Poster
I was contacted yesterday about participating in a video focus group about the AP program today. I said I wanted to do it, and they offered $125 for two hours of time. This is not the first time that Disneyland has paid me for AP marketing research, so I thought it was legit. I did not hear anything back, however. I tried following up by email, and then by phone, and never received another response. The appointment time came and went, and after I rescheduled a work meeting to be available, I was frustrated that I had wasted my time. I forwarded the email and explained the situation to the Disney executive team.

I received a call a few minutes ago from a Disney representative who claimed that they never use third party research companies and she assured me that they are not affiliated with this company. The thing is, though, that I received an email directly from Disney destinations saying that they were using a third party, and this email listed the focus group dates. I told her about this email, and forwarded it to her, and she still assured me that they are not affiliated, though she couldn't explain the evidence to the contrary. She suggested that their legal team would be looking into it, but I think there's just really poor communication in the Disney company and they have no idea what's going on.

I also asked if they knew when they'd be opening, and she said no.

Tamandua

Original Poster
Yes. After I sent her the other commications from Disney about it, she admitted that it was legitimate. I'm pretty sure she was just trying to blame their disorganization and poor communication on a supposed scam. You really get the sense that Disney is in bad shape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom