AP Discounts For September

tigger1968

Does anyone have any info on when the AP discounts will be out for September? I have my dates planned but have held off booking because I'm waiting for the discounts to come out.

Thanks!:D

s25843

There might not be any for Sept. You should really thinking about booking without it, and then just calling them to apply the rate if any codes come out

Upvote 0

Figaro

I called the other day, (and almost every other day!), the latest rumor from the CM's is to check the week of Aug 3. I was told there will definately be discounts for the fall. (but we all know how reliable that can be :rolleyes: )

Like s25843 said, get a reservation now and have the discount applied later. We have a reservation with an AAA discount now, any discount is better than no discount!

Upvote 0

enough

I haven't yet purchased my AP because I was waiting to hear if there will be a discount for my trip in september or if it's a good enough discount to warrant an AP - so here's my question...

If I call up when the codes are released and say I'm an AP (even though I haven't ordered my AP yet) will I still get the discount or do I need to provide some sort of info to the person I'm talking to about my AP (like a number or something?)

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by enough
I haven't yet purchased my AP because I was waiting to hear if there will be a discount for my trip in september or if it's a good enough discount to warrant an AP - so here's my question...

If I call up when the codes are released and say I'm an AP (even though I haven't ordered my AP yet) will I still get the discount or do I need to provide some sort of info to the person I'm talking to about my AP (like a number or something?)

No,
You DO NOT need the ap when you book the room, just make sure you have it when you check in, or they will bump you to the Full Rate for the room.

Upvote 0

enough

thanks for the info! - here's another question...

I am going down there with some friends who will be staying one day less than me. I called to book them a room also under my name but was told that I could not use my AP discount for their room unless they stay the same length of time... is this really the case or did I just end up calling the wrong person :rolleyes: ?

Upvote 0

kellydisney

I think you called the wrong person. You are allowed to book 3 rooms on your AP. I don't think length of stay matters at all.

Have there ever been AP rates in December? We're going Dec. 17 and right now are paying $77/night at the All Stars... I'm wondering how much lower an AP discount can get than that?? We're first time AP holders.

Any info there?

Upvote 0

RickEff

Originally posted by kellydisney
I think you called the wrong person. You are allowed to book 3 rooms on your AP. I don't think length of stay matters at all.

Have there ever been AP rates in December? We're going Dec. 17 and right now are paying $77/night at the All Stars... I'm wondering how much lower an AP discount can get than that?? We're first time AP holders.

Any info there?

Kelly,

The last two years they've had AP discounts right up till the weekend before Christmas. As long as your stay STARTS during that period, you'll get the discount for your whole stay. I suspect it'll be the same this year, but MouseSavers just announced that the AP rates will be out this weekend for October - usually by now (at least the last couple of years) they'd post the Christmas dates too.

You can see the trends by visiting...

http://www.mousesavers.com/faq.html#codetrends

Upvote 0

kellydisney

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the info! I should know these things, going to Disney this many times, but I am slow!! haha :hammer: Even if the rates are $65, I'll take an extra $100 back! I hope they come out for December this year! I am so excited to be an AP holder it's kind of sad :sohappy: Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

RickEff

Kelly,

I know what you mean about being excited to be an AP'er!

I keep mentioning this, but I'll mention it again here. Other than the discounts, what I love about having an Annual Pass is the freedom you have on your vacation! If you have Parkhoppers, you feel obligated to be there at park opening until park closing to make sure you get your money's worth! With the AP, I find myself relaxing at the resort more, or doing other things and going to the parks for half days without worrying about wasting a day on the pass! I love it.

And - I'm a big enough fan of APs that I'm starting a web site (okay, I have been saying this for two years and have registered the site name that long ago, but I WILL get around to it) devoted only to Annual Passholders!

Rick

Upvote 0

kellydisney

Awesome, then you will know the answer to my question. We are going to Buy our AP's before we go on vacation in December. We are looking into the AP and the Premium AP. Which do you have? And if you have the Premium AP then do you feel think it's better and if not do you feel at all "restricted" with the regular AP since it doesn't include PI, water parks, and Disneyquest? What is your opinion? We would like to save as much money as possible and since we are going again in September next year, we figure we will save no matter what but more so with the regular AP... but we don't want to feel too restricted. We have two extra things for water parks and PI for this years vacation, two extras left over from our six day park hopper plus passes from last year to use this year but next year we will be on our own... What is your opinion???

Upvote 0

RickEff

Kelly,

It's going to depend on how many "plus" options you think you'll use. The PAP is about $127 more. ($122 if you're a DisneyClub member)

DisneyQuest, and the two waterparks are about $29 per entry including tax with an AP discount applied.

Pleasure Island (with AP discount) is about $18 or so.

That would mean you could go to Pleasure Island twice and three water parks (or DisneyQuest) before it would be cheaper to get the PAP. In my case, I enjoy the waterparks, but only would consider going one day a trip, and more likely one day a year.

If you have two plus passes anyway, I can't see it paying to get the PAP unless you like the waterparks an awful lot! You'd be better off paying as you go.

Rick

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom