AP Discount Questions

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
A few questions regarding AP discounts. My brother lived in Florida and has since moved back. My wife and I have committed to going in Nov, we have invited my mother to go as well as my brother with the AP. He is now saying that he expects that the AP discounts for November will come out shortly and that they could save us a good bit of cash, none of us have used an AP for discounts before so I have a few questions.

1) Can he book multiple rooms with a discount? For example if we need 2 or 3 rooms for our party can he book them and apply the discount on all the rooms?

2) If the discount is for a Sunday-Thursday and the dates we are looking at are Monday (Nov5) though Tuesday (Nov 13) can we only book a Sunday-Thursday with a discount or will it only apply for the dates eligible and pay rack for the other nights?

Thanks for the help I am sure I will have more questions as we continue to plan!

PeakSeason

I have been able to book 3 rooms with my AP discount in the past, but I saw a post on here not too long ago where someone said you can't do that. If that person was correct, the policy must have been changed because I did do it in December of 2016.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand what you are asking in your second question. If you mean that the discount you're wishing to apply doesn't cover all of the dates of your trip, I believe you have to book two separate reservations, one for the portion at rack rate, one for the portion during the promotion. Just be aware, they can make you switch rooms if your reservation isn't all on one confirmation number.

Upvote 0

zakattack99

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I have been able to book 3 rooms with my AP discount in the past, but I saw a post on here not too long ago where someone said you can't do that. If that person was correct, the policy must have been changed because I did do it in December of 2016.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand what you are asking in your second question. If you mean that the discount you're wishing to apply doesn't cover all of the dates of your trip, I believe you have to book two separate reservations, one for the portion at rack rate, one for the portion during the promotion. Just be aware, they can make you switch rooms if your reservation isn't all on one confirmation number.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If the dates you select include non-discounted days, the price for those nights are shown as full rack rate for the reservation - this includes booking past the end of the discount period. You don't have to book two separate reservations. Fridays & Saturdays are never discounted - can you imagine every guest booking during a discounted period that included a weekend having to book two separate reservations?

As a test, I just booked a room at Pop the last week of the current Fall AP discount. System had no issue with my checkout date being three days after the discount period ended. Those days were shown at a non-discounted rate.

In answer to your first question, at least one person staying in the room needs to be an AP. So I'm not sure the system will let him book 2 or 3 separate rooms for the same dates with him being a guest on each reservation.

Upvote 0

PeakSeason

If the dates you select include non-discounted days, the price for those nights are shown as full rack rate for the reservation - this includes booking past the end of the discount period. You don't have to book two separate reservations. Fridays & Saturdays are never discounted - can you imagine every guest booking during a discounted period that included a weekend having to book two separate reservations?

As a test, I just booked a room at Pop the last week of the current Fall AP discount. System had no issue with my checkout date being three days after the discount period ended. Those days were shown at a non-discounted rate.

In answer to your first question, at least one person staying in the room needs to be an AP. So I'm not sure the system will let him book 2 or 3 separate rooms for the same dates with him being a guest on each reservation.
I have a reservation right now for 8 nights with a generous AP discount and my rate is exactly the same for every night of the week, including a Friday and two Saturdays. It's clearly listed on my confirmation. I have taken many onsite trips to WDW and we always stay a minimum of 8 nights, so definitely including Fridays and Saturdays. I do usually try to book dates which fall completely within a promotional period and I have never not been able to apply a discount to all nights of our stay, with the exceptions of staying in a bungalow or 3 bedroom villa which discounts never apply to, or staying during a major holiday such as New Year's Eve which discounts also never apply to.
Like I said above, I did book three rooms with my AP discount in December of 2016. I was only listed as a guest on one of those reservations. The other rooms contained guests who were listed as managed by me in my My Disney Experience account. Maybe this is no longer possible, but it was possible in 2016.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
I've booked reservations with dates that fall during a discounted period with rates for Friday & Saturday nights higher than other days of the week. Which was the case in the example I described.

However, the OP indicated only his brother is a passholder. Disney requires guests receiving passholder room discounts to produce their pass at check in. From the AP section:

"Passholder must present his or her valid adult annual pass at check-in."

Upvote 0

PeakSeason

I've booked reservations with dates that fall during a discounted period with rates for Friday & Saturday nights higher than other days of the week. Which was the case in the example I described.

However, the OP indicated only his brother is a passholder. Disney requires guests receiving passholder room discounts to produce their pass at check in. From the AP section:

"Passholder must present his or her valid adult annual pass at check-in."
Yes, I agree that often Fridays and Saturdays have a higher rate than other days of the same week. However, discounts do tend to apply at the same percentage per day. My personal example of a current reservation is for a villa. Unlike rooms, which are often higher for Fridays and Saturdays, villas are often a level price all week. Regardless, the discount still applies but the end result is that if a Friday or Saturday started out at a higher rack rate than other days of the week, once the discount is applied this would still be true, but a discount was indeed applied.

Yes, you are expected to be able to produce your current annual pass when using an AP discount. When I book a room for myself as well as additional rooms for my family, I am prepared to show my pass. It isn't really any different than when I use my annual passholder discount in a restaurant. I am allowed to have my discount applied to the bill for up to six people.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Reservation for 2 bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge during AP summer discount. Note how significantly higher the rate for Friday and Saturday nights is.

Screenshot_20180624-154550_Chrome.jpg

Same time period for Caribbean Beach.

Screenshot_20180624-153614_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-154550_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180624-154550_Chrome.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yes, I agree that often Fridays and Saturdays have a higher rate than other days of the same week. However, discounts do tend to apply at the same percentage per day. My personal example of a current reservation is for a villa. Unlike rooms, which are often higher for Fridays and Saturdays, villas are often a level price all week. Regardless, the discount still applies but the end result is that if a Friday or Saturday started out at a higher rack rate than other days of the week, once the discount is applied this would still be true, but a discount was indeed applied.

Yes, you are expected to be able to produce your current annual pass when using an AP discount. When I book a room for myself as well as additional rooms for my family, I am prepared to show my pass. It isn't really any different than when I use my annual passholder discount in a restaurant. I am allowed to have my discount applied to the bill for up to six people.

When you are paying the check at the restaurant, yes. Are you paying for each of the rooms?

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

An Annual passholder can book a total of 2 rooms at the AP discount. They must have a valid annual pass at time of check in and the room reservations must be at the same resort. Enjoy

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom