AoA Suite vs. ASM Suite-Big Price Difference!

cheshiresmile

Original Poster
We already have 10 nights booked at AoA. Now I see we could do ASM and save over $800. I don't know if we should stick with AoA since we already planned on that cost, or save the $$$. Has anyone tried both? Other than the theming, is there an advantage to AoA? Maybe the bus not being shared. I am torn as the kids already know about AoA.

L.C. Clench

AoA has a much better location (in my opinion) as the AS are pretty far away from most things.

That said for the difference I would have to be planning on a lot of resort time to justify the theming difference. AoA is nicer outside of the resort but unless you're planning major time to hang out there does that really matter?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have been in both.

The suites at ASM were made by combining 2 regular value rooms into a suite. Because of this, they were limited in what they could do making the floor plans of the suites at ASM no as good as AoA were they were able to start from a blank canvas.

To add to that ,the location of AoA as well as the food court and amenities are better than ASM.

All things being equal, AoA wins hands down.

Of course the big question is it $800 better. If all you are going to do is sleep and shower there I would say no. If you plan on spending some time at the resort I would say it is.

ASM

ASMFamSuitelayout.jpg

AoA suite

Family-Suite-Floor-Plan-Disneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

cheshiresmile

Original Poster
I have been in both.

The suites at ASM were made by combining 2 regular value rooms into a suite. Because of this, they were limited in what they could do making the floor plans of the suites at ASM no as good as AoA were they were able to start from a blank canvas.

To add to that ,the location of AoA as well as the food court and amenities are better than ASM.

All things being equal, AoA wins hands down.

Of course the big question is it $800 better. If all you are going to do is sleep and shower there I would say no. If you plan on spending some time at the resort I would say it is.

ASM

View attachment 185308

AoA suite

View attachment 185309
We do have the first day to hang out there and part of the reason for the longer trip is to have some relaxing time at the resort. So far I'm leaning toward staying. It's my son's first trip and the first my daughter will remember and I know they'd like it better.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We do have the first day to hang out there and part of the reason for the longer trip is to have some relaxing time at the resort. So far I'm leaning toward staying. It's my son's first trip and the first my daughter will remember and I know they'd like it better.
Sounds like a good idea. Everything about AoA is nicer than the All Stars. If you are not on a tight budget, spend the extra coin.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Stayed in ASM family suite. Kitchenette is nicer than AoA - more room, shelving (bookcase)...and it's not in the middle of the living room area. However, there was this annoying fan that turned on every time you walked into the kitchenette area - and stayed on for several minutes.

It would have been nice if Disney had installed some type of curtain/bifold door separating the living room area from the kitchenette, so those sleeping in the living room had privacy..and quiet.

daisyduckie

I've only stayed in an All Star Suite, but I thought it was very nice. I don't like the looks of the AoA suites at all, the kitchen being right next to one of the beds is very odd. And would make it unusable whenever someone is sleeping in that bed.

Another plus for the All Stars is that you will get 4 separate "beds" instead of 3. There is a queen in the bedroom, and 3 pieces of furniture that fold out into beds. I'm not sure how many kids you have, but would they be happier if they didn't have to share a bed?

I also really like the food court at ASMu. I don't know why people knock it so much, I think the food is very good and they have lots of different offerings.

$800 is a huge difference. I don't think the suites at AoA are worth it.

BigRedDad

You can get a 2BR suite for just the price difference, maybe slightly more. That's 2x the space, 2 more beds, full kitchens, and better all around resort amenities.

Thecorsi4

We already have 10 nights booked at AoA. Now I see we could do ASM and save over $800. I don't know if we should stick with AoA since we already planned on that cost, or save the $$$. Has anyone tried both? Other than the theming, is there an advantage to AoA? Maybe the bus not being shared. I am torn as the kids already know about AoA.
We have stayed at both. The theming at AOA is fantastic my kids love the cars area and the cozy cone pool that is right out the door. ASM was our very first stay at Disneyworld they kids really thought the fold out bed from a chair was fun as well. For me if the 800 is already in the budget I go with AOA everytime, infact are headed back there in July ( we apparently or gluten for punishment attempting Disneyworld over the 4th of July.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom