Anyone

Dizzknee

Original Poster
Does anyone have any connections with people in the Engineering field down in florida?

I Design Fire Protection systems for work and was wondering what kind of job demand there is (if any) for this field. I'm not an engineer per title, nor with experience but I do have many years experience with the design aspect as well as lots of experience using AutoCad.

I'm seriously thinking of leavin Ma. and heading south ;)
but the pay has got to be worth the move :)

Any info/tips you may have will be greatly appreciated

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
with the fire protection background, it shouldn't be hard to find a job. Florida is extremely strict on arson cases and fire prevention... I remember the fines they gave a guy a few years back for starting a brushfire.... something to the extent of 2.5million... TO ONE PERSON.

Dizzknee

Original Poster
geeesh...that's a nice fine :lol:

I was thinking along the same lines. Some parts of Florida seem under developed I would think that lots of new buildings will be in need of fire protection (sprinkler) systems...even existing buildings.

I do alot of tenant fitup, when a company moves to a new building/floor..whatever I do alot of the design to accomodate for the new layout.

I'm going to keep my eyes out.

I noticed Reedy Creek was hiring for a Fire Protection Engineer but that is a little out of my league :( would be nice though :D

lamarvenoy

Keep in mind Florida does not pay well, the money you make up there is much MUCH better,unless you are a doctor or other high demand title. The cost of living is lower here though, and no snow:D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
and no state income tax

and cheaper vehicle registration

and a generally hassle free government

I love this state

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom