Anyone work as a security officer for Disney?

zbsmith19

Original Poster
Hey guys! So i'm brand new to this forum but I've been lurking for all kinds of great and helpful information. I was offered a position as a security officer for Walt Disney world in Orlando, Fl. I completed my On boarding appointment today and my traditions is in a couple of weeks. How long generally after traditions will training start and what are the typical days and hours if anyone knows? I'm so very excited for this opportunity at Disney world and am trying to find out as much as i can! For anyone who works as security or know anyone who does do you like your job? what are some of the duties apart from bag checks that security uses? Where are security officers most in demand? Such as magic kingdom or animal kingdom etc.. I'm anxious to see where i will go. I've also heard there are K9 Officers and a "Elite" security team as well as an undercover team does anyone know if these positions are in fact real or will i be mainly checking bags at the front gate? If they are real does it take a lot of seniority to move up to that position? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated! I anything helps! I look forward from hearing from you all, Thanks!

AVGuy

I don't work in security, but I'd estimate that the majority of on-duty security cast members are NOT checking bags. Security folks are everywhere, 24 hours per day. Your shifts will probably be less than desirable until you gain seniority. Yes, there are K9 officers as well as advanced positions including security cast members in plain clothes.

zbsmith19

Original Poster
I don't work in security, but I'd estimate that the majority of on-duty security cast members are NOT checking bags. Security folks are everywhere, 24 hours per day. Your shifts will probably be less than desirable until you gain seniority. Yes, there are K9 officers as well as advanced positions including security cast members in plain clothes.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the info :) I'm glad there are other roles in security that I can move up too. Have never been so excited to start a job:)

facepirte

Your training should start as soon as you finish Traditions. You most likely will have someone waiting for you after to tell you when and where to report to. The OP was right about a lot more to do than bag checks. All the resorts have security inside and at the entrances, inside the parks, driving the roads... they are everywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom