Anyone taken a Crockpot?

disneyflush

Has anyone ever taken a crockpot and thrown the ingredients together in the morning and came back later in the day to lunch/supper waiting? We are going to be doing this in May to keep from spending a lot on dining. Wondering if it has worked out for any other families good or bad?

KBLovedDisney

Has anyone ever taken a crockpot and thrown the ingredients together in the morning and came back later in the day to lunch/supper waiting? We are going to be doing this in May to keep from spending a lot on dining. Wondering if it has worked out for any other families good or bad?
No, but now I want to do that. Get a home cooked meal at a vacation spot? Heck yeah!

Edit: But I would be concerned over a possible fire hazard. Would definitely cook it on the lowest level possible.

Upvote 0

disneyflush

Original Poster
We all know it would most likely be safe, but I'm pretty sure the staff will, if they see it, unplug it at the least and confiscate it at the worst.

Ya I've been reading up on some older threads where this is discussed and that seems to be a big issue. If housekeeping comes in and sees it then they will unplug it. That and it looks to be against resort policy to use one. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

JohnD

No. Your plan might work best for Ft. Wilderness cabins or Key West villas. I wouldn't try it in standard resort rooms.

Upvote 0

yensid67

If anything I would call The Boardwalk and ask! The worse they can say is no! In that or any case I would take an INSTANT POT. Seems better to use than a regular crock pot!

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I would think it would be a fire hazard and I would not want to waste all that valuable park time getting back to the hotel to eat. Also, I am on vacation, i cook and do dishes the rest of the year I refuse to do it on vacation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom