Anyone stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge villas Jambo recently?

nickys

Premium Member
From what I understand and was told by the front desk that the busses not dropping off at Jambo was a mistake and it was going to be fixed. It probably is now, but we found it easier to just drive anyways. I left a scathing review in their survey about it and the fact that in the bathrooms they had dispensers instead of individual shampoos, conditioners, body wash (we actually got two body washes and no conditioner). It was a DVC room booked with points and I have higher expectations than that and thought that DVC got the travel-sized toiletries rather than the communal dispensers. I might be wrong, but Poly did not have dispensers. Just disappointing all around. It is a beautiful resort though.
Some DVC resorts have moved over to the dispensers, not all. No idea why, but I suspect owners at resorts with individual bottles pay a bit more in annual dues for them.

Hcalvert

I think you get charged if it's not booked on points. What was the Jambo pool like? I assume it was almost like a private with so few guests over there. We're the bathrooms down there open, any way to get any pool refreshments or just BYOB?
The pool was quiet for the most part. The pool bar was not open when I was there. The bathrooms were open. I really did not see many people when I was there except at the bus stop, but I was there the first day they opened Jambo. It was a shock going to Poly and seeing so many people at the resort and at the pools. lol

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Only DVC owners can book at Jambo House, so technically no one is paying to stay there.

At BCV there’s only Beaches & Cream open. And before the YC re-%opened to the public thee weren’t any other dining options, with only a pool bar for QS.

well technically yes, people ARE paying to stay there. The members who purchased DVC.

carriebeth

Ya know considering this covid stuff, they should be giving individual products. We have no idea how clean the dispensers are when we put out hands on them.
Really? So a person that was in a room before you was in a shower under running water using soap products then hours later and after a room cleaning you get into a shower under running water, use soaps more running water. Not much of a transmission risk there

Club Cooloholic

Really? So a person that was in a room before you was in a shower under running water using soap products then hours later and after a room cleaning you get into a shower under running water, use soaps more running water. Not much of a transmission risk there
I agree risk is pretty low, but I have to have faith they are cleaning it.
I guess I also expect a $400 plus a night resort to provide products as opposed to the set up at the YMCA locker room showers.
I am always a little suspicious if anyone tampers with these things.

Mainahman

So how does that work? Do you call down and have them make it and pick it up or do you have to go there and order? My mom is totally down having the bread service twice on our trip 😂
So i found out on accident. i was going to get a table in the lounge.. We were at Kidani, and close to lobby, so we walked down after a park day. They said " you cant get a table till 10:30 for food" it was 9 and i wasnt going to do that as we were tired. They then said " but you can order it and take it to your room if youd like.... MIND BLOWN! i ordered it, went up to the store to get drinks, went back to the room, and got the txt it was ready. Went down, fetched it, and ate it in our villa.

nickys

Premium Member
well technically yes, people ARE paying to stay there. The members who purchased DVC.

My point was DVC is a timeshare, not a hotel. There is a trade off, and the more luxury members demand, the higher our maintenance fees will be. Regardless, it isn’t something we had a say in, and many high end hotel chains now use dispensers. Like I say, if we were collectively to demand a return to the individual bottles and they agreed, our fees would rise to pay for them. Most of us would prefer to keep our fees lower!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
So i found out on accident. i was going to get a table in the lounge.. We were at Kidani, and close to lobby, so we walked down after a park day. They said " you cant get a table till 10:30 for food" it was 9 and i wasnt going to do that as we were tired. They then said " but you can order it and take it to your room if youd like.... MIND BLOWN! i ordered it, went up to the store to get drinks, went back to the room, and got the txt it was ready. Went down, fetched it, and ate it in our villa.

AMAZING!! We will be doing this!!! lol

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
It was totally worth it! i have a photo in my trip report from our trip a few weeks ago. It was so amazing to relax and get it.

Bread service (which is one of my favorite things on property) while sitting on our balcony watching the animals? You don't have to twist my arm for that!! lol

I'll have to go check your report out!

NelleBelle

I think I'd rather have the bottles during the age of covid as the bottles are locked up and mousekeeping does indeed clean them when they clean the shower as well as when they are refilling them between guests. The less contact on items from those I don't know, the better. One doesn't know if the person who placed the individual bottles on the housekeeping carts wore gloves or if you requested extra toiletries, did they bring them to you room wearing gloves? The transmission risk may be low but I feel better with less people touching the shower bottles that are locked up. And I'm likely bringing my own toiletries to begin with. But I totally agree with keeping dues low in the DVC resorts. And this, frankly, shouldn't be a shock as Disney said they were transitioning all the resorts over to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom