Anyone seen the balloons lately?

MrPromey

Original Poster
I was just thinking that it's been a long time since I've seen any of the hot air balloons (Mickey, Donald, Cinderella's castle) in WDW. Anyone know if they have retired them? I know they had the mickey's wand/spaceship earth one last year but it only flew over WDW for a few days before going on a national tour...

Tramp

Originally posted by MrPromey
I was just thinking that it's been a long time since I've seen any of the hot air balloons (Mickey, Donald, Cinderella's castle) in WDW. Anyone know if they have retired them? I know they had the mickey's wand/spaceship earth one last year but it only flew over WDW for a few days before going on a national tour...

Hey Mr. P...

I've never seen the castle balloon and it's been years since seeing the Mickey and Donald balloons....I figured they retired them.
I saw the Shamu blimp last year...does that count?

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Alberrisford
any pictures? I dont quite understand :confused:

Hot air balloons. I haven't seen them in ages, either.

Now that you mention it, balloons used to fly over my house fairly frequently on weekends, early in the morning, but I can't remember the last time that happened! I wonder if the cost of operating them became prohibitive. Anybody know?

mickeyfan

It has been at least five years since I have seen them when I was down there. When I go in a few days, I'll keep an eye to the sky and report back if I see anything.:D

mightyduck

Originally posted by MrPromey

I don't think I've ever seen them.... I need to go more often...

MrPromey

Original Poster
Re: Re: Anyone seen the balloons lately?

Originally posted by mightyduck

I don't think I've ever seen them.... I need to go more often...

Well, I go a lot and aside for the Millennium one which was only there for something like 4 days, I haven't seen any of them in years. I'm rather sure that they arn't using them at the parks. I just wondered if anyone knew why...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom