Anyone paying for flights?

bsmartin2000

Got a good deal on flights for the 8 of us on August 29. Now I am in panic mode thinking I should have waited. Anyone else booking flights?

Nemo14

Finally got an email from American Airlines this morning refunding me nearly $1300 for my father-in-law's international flight that they cancelled. Still fighting with Southwest since they have cancelled four times and rescheduled. I am reading that there may be a class action against Southwest since they are not honoring the feds' mandate of refunding form of payment and not strictly issuing vouchers due to COVID-19 cancellations and reschedules. I guess I will have to wait to see how that develops. At this time, I am not booking any more flights until I know for sure that WDW will be open.
I had a trip to CA booked for June on Southwest, so I just waited for them to change my flight times, then I called and asked for a refund. Absoutely no problem from them. I guess I was lucky.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

I had a trip to CA booked for June on Southwest, so I just waited for them to change my flight times, then I called and asked for a refund. Absoutely no problem from them. I guess I was lucky.
I finally got an email from them today stating that they would refund all my money. Of course, that was after contacting the Better Business Bureau, my credit card, and Paypal. I still will not believe it until my money is credited back to my credit card, which they are telling me is 30-60 days, which is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I finally got an email from them today stating that they would refund all my money. Of course, that was after contacting the Better Business Bureau, my credit card, and Paypal. I still will not believe it until my money is credited back to my credit card, which they are telling me is 30-60 days, which is ridiculous.
Mine didn't take long. It was on the next statement actually. I'm glad I got mine when I did. I have no patience with that kind of stuff.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Mine didn't take long. It was on the next statement actually. I'm glad I got mine when I did. I have no patience with that kind of stuff.
They already refunded my non-refundable early bird check-in. That took less than a week. Hopefully, this refund will be the same.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Not worried about a refund as the funds go back to my points and I love the points! My last Disney trip was free using SW points.
This was going to be my first time flying with SW. They don't often offer nonstop flights to where I am going and with all the problems they gave me in following the feds' mandates, I have decided that they will not be my third choice of airlines anymore. When I directly stated they just got millions of dollars from the government before Americans got their checks, they actually emailed me back an excuse that that money was for them to operate not for their customers when their flights were cancelled by SW. Congress has said that they were to use part of that money to fully refund customers for cancelled flights due to COVID-19. I guess SW is holding on to that bailout money as much as possible for themselves. Their response adds additional insult and I reported them to my state representatives and the Department of Transportation for the violation. I am sure that they will not miss my patronage. In comparison, it took American Airlines (who also received bailout money) 11 days after my intial request to refund all my money for my father-in-law's trip from England to the U.S. with minimal complaint and going back and forth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom