Anyone paying for flights?

bsmartin2000

Got a good deal on flights for the 8 of us on August 29. Now I am in panic mode thinking I should have waited. Anyone else booking flights?

RememberWhen

We’ve got flights booked for July. But it’s southwest and we booked them back in December, so...
I’m not sure if I would book flights for this summer right now. Probably. The airlines are being pretty flexible and flights are mostly pretty cheap.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I booked our September flights already. We got a great deal and I know if worse comes to worst I'll just reschedule. It's kind of my motivation to just reschedule instead of canceling all together. Haha.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I booked dirt-cheap JetBlue flights for June using TrueBlue miles. Doubt we'll end up actually going, but figured at the price why not book just in case? The miles would just go back into my account, and the only funds locked up in a credit were the $11 in taxes (which I think I could get refunded if I wanted).

I'd say our October Universal HHN trip is more likely our next trip to Orlando. (If HHN happens)

-Rob

Upvote 0

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
My daughters boyfriend booked a cheap flight from CO to us in AL last week. He was going to surprise her and just arrive. Luckily the day before arrival he informed her. Then she informed us and we said HELL NO!! LOL. he did not come

Anyways- we did book our sons flight from CA to FL for our June trip but likely will need to change it. Couldn't beat the deal- $276 round trip

Upvote 0

Mander

In the Parks
No
I'm planning to book ours for November once Southwest releases the schedule out far enough. We'll be booking with points and travel funds though, so not a lot to lose there if we have to reschedule again.

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Yep. I travel frequently for business and pleasure. Got a full slate for the fall. I've pretty much written off summer (through the end of August for now). I'll re-evaluate in a month or two

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

I read a news report that the Feds have ordered the airlines to stop issuing vouchers for future flights due to pandemic-related flight reductions/cancellations and start giving full refunds--even those who do not usually offer them (i.e. Southwest, Spirit, etc.) are to comply. We'll see if that actually comes to fruition.

Upvote 0

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Just an FYI United has waived change/cancelation fees for all flights that have been previously booked through the end of the year. Additionally any new flights qualify this so long as they're booked through April 30. If you do decide to change or cancel the fee can go into a travel certificate good for bookings through 2022 and for travel through the end of 2023. (Unheard of)

Also with United through September the overwhelming majority of all flights are locked into the lowest fare codes for their respective classes.

I was able to cancel and rebook 4 sets of flights booked earlier this year at a significant savings.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

I booked an insanely cheap flight from my home airport to MCO for August. I have absolutely no intention on getting on a plane in August but was able to negotiate away the change fees with Delta. That ticket will be used for my WDW trip next year.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

It's kind of like a pet locked up in a cage. As soon as you open the door, the pet gone. I'm not surprised. Even with Disney, as soon as they say it's open the locals will be there in seconds.
And that’s exactly why I’m not going back until Fall of next year. I love Minnie but not enough to die.

Upvote 0

MissViv

Got a good deal on flights for the 8 of us on August 29. Now I am in panic mode thinking I should have waited. Anyone else booking flights?

I just booked for Oct., $69 ea way but I am having remorse already. Didn't book a resort yet and I think I will wait on that. I feel this will not be over in the fall and could be worse. I booked with SW so I can cancel and use the points later.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Finally got an email from American Airlines this morning refunding me nearly $1300 for my father-in-law's international flight that they cancelled. Still fighting with Southwest since they have cancelled four times and rescheduled. I am reading that there may be a class action against Southwest since they are not honoring the feds' mandate of refunding form of payment and not strictly issuing vouchers due to COVID-19 cancellations and reschedules. I guess I will have to wait to see how that develops. At this time, I am not booking any more flights until I know for sure that WDW will be open.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom