Anyone know how to lower the temp on resort thermostats?

durangojim

Original Poster
Crazy title, I know, but whenever we stay at a Disney resort I always have to call maintenance to come in and lower the ability of the thermostat to go down to 65. He/she hits some button combo and I’d able to change the lowest setting. Anyone know what the combo is? I’d just rather not have more people on my room than necessary for our upcoming stay.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Advertisement
I found these two suggestions...

Press and hold down the “display” button
While holding that button, also press the “off/auto” button
Release the “off/auto” button
Press the “up” arrow button
Release all buttons

And...
Disney Resort Tip: TRICK the Thermostat! - YouTube
Check out this tip for removing the motion sensor as well as balcony door sensors for the SensorStat-DDC thermostat found at SOME DVC resort hotels. There are multiple types of thermostats used

Rob562

Google "hotel thermostat override" and bookmark a site that has multiple examples. Thermostats aren't consistent across all Disney hotels, so you'll have to find the one for the type that's in your room. Sometimes there are different possible combos for the same model, so you may have to try a few different ones.

-Rob

Notes from Neverland

There's a widely documented trick to adjust the temperature below the set limit by hitting a few buttons in a certain order. We admittedly do this each time as the rooms always get warm.

mdktf

You have to do this trick daily. I do that when I come in for the night. My the room gets crazy hot overnight because it does not "sense" you.
I find with the older modules, like contemporary, it lasts a few days.

Dave Ber

I found these two suggestions...

Press and hold down the “display” button
While holding that button, also press the “off/auto” button
Release the “off/auto” button
Press the “up” arrow button
Release all buttons

And...
Disney Resort Tip: TRICK the Thermostat! - YouTube
Check out this tip for removing the motion sensor as well as balcony door sensors for the SensorStat-DDC thermostat found at SOME DVC resort hotels. There are multiple types of thermostats used
GENIUS

Jon81uk

Maybe it is just because I'm British but we've never needed the temperature as low as thermostat goes, let alone considering going below that. 65 F is about 18C which for me is normal room temperature.

Top Bottom