Anyone know how to lower the temp on resort thermostats?

durangojim

Original Poster
Crazy title, I know, but whenever we stay at a Disney resort I always have to call maintenance to come in and lower the ability of the thermostat to go down to 65. He/she hits some button combo and I’d able to change the lowest setting. Anyone know what the combo is? I’d just rather not have more people on my room than necessary for our upcoming stay.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I found these two suggestions...

Press and hold down the “display” button
While holding that button, also press the “off/auto” button
Release the “off/auto” button
Press the “up” arrow button
Release all buttons

And...
Disney Resort Tip: TRICK the Thermostat! - YouTube
Check out this tip for removing the motion sensor as well as balcony door sensors for the SensorStat-DDC thermostat found at SOME DVC resort hotels. There are multiple types of thermostats used

Rob562

Google "hotel thermostat override" and bookmark a site that has multiple examples. Thermostats aren't consistent across all Disney hotels, so you'll have to find the one for the type that's in your room. Sometimes there are different possible combos for the same model, so you may have to try a few different ones.

-Rob

Notes from Neverland

There's a widely documented trick to adjust the temperature below the set limit by hitting a few buttons in a certain order. We admittedly do this each time as the rooms always get warm.

Dave B

I found these two suggestions...

Press and hold down the “display” button
While holding that button, also press the “off/auto” button
Release the “off/auto” button
Press the “up” arrow button
Release all buttons

And...
Disney Resort Tip: TRICK the Thermostat! - YouTube
Check out this tip for removing the motion sensor as well as balcony door sensors for the SensorStat-DDC thermostat found at SOME DVC resort hotels. There are multiple types of thermostats used
GENIUS

Jon81uk

Maybe it is just because I'm British but we've never needed the temperature as low as thermostat goes, let alone considering going below that. 65 F is about 18C which for me is normal room temperature.

VegasDisneyGal

I am currently at Saratoga Springs and the renovated rooms (Congress Park, etc.) have new thermostats that won't go below 70. I was sitting in here sweating, and became doubly irritated because there's no branding or name on the a/c units. Desperate to figure out how to hack the dang thing, I took the corkscrew and unscrewed the faceplate so I could find out the brand and model.

The model number of the new thermostats: Honeywell 20152824WH. After a quick search online, I found this video of how to bypass and override the ridiculously high settings on the air conditioning units. I am sharing it here because NOBODY should have to suffer through that misery in hot, humid, and muggy Orlando!

Here is a link to the video instructions:

If you can't access the video, here's what to do:

1. AT THE SAME TIME (AND IN THIS EXACT ORDER): hold down the MODE button first, then also the FAN button, and then also the "UP" button.

2. RELEASE ALL THREE HELD BUTTONS AT THE SAME TIME.

3. You will see an "LEn" message display on the thermostat reading.

4. Then press the "DOWN" arrow button and lower the temperature down to its lowest number (I could only go as low as 65).

5. That's it! Nice and cool.

Note: the video instructions say it will get the settings down to 60, but I could only make it go as low as 65. I'm happy to report that I am currently relaxing in an ice box fit for a polar bear! Ha ha. Hope this helps!

jaklgreen

Thanks for the info. I had to override the thermostat in our Yacht Club room. It got so hot in there. I also have an issue with the whole system. I would set it for a certain temperature but it would run continuously and get too cold, so I would raise it by 1 degree and then the heat would kick on and it would get hot. Worst system ever.

NelleBelle

Thanks for the info. I had to override the thermostat in our Yacht Club room. It got so hot in there. I also have an issue with the whole system. I would set it for a certain temperature but it would run continuously and get too cold, so I would raise it by 1 degree and then the heat would kick on and it would get hot. Worst system ever.
Darn it! I hate rooms like that! I like to sleep in a room that is 68–no warmer, no cooler. And seriously bugs me when rooms do that with their a/c! We’re staying here next month—did you find any tricks that worked?

HuffsAhoy

In the Parks
No
I wish I had joined and found this thread before my stay at SSR in December. My first night there the room got so cold, I thought I was going to freeze :hilarious: Thanks for the great tips!

jaklgreen

Darn it! I hate rooms like that! I like to sleep in a room that is 68–no warmer, no cooler. And seriously bugs me when rooms do that with their a/c! We’re staying here next month—did you find any tricks that worked?

Not really, just to find a temperature and leave it. As soon as you adjust it one way or another, it kicks on. Other then that, the room was great. Have fun.

The Disney Diva

I am currently at Saratoga Springs and the renovated rooms (Congress Park, etc.) have new thermostats that won't go below 70. I was sitting in here sweating, and became doubly irritated because there's no branding or name on the a/c units. Desperate to figure out how to hack the dang thing, I took the corkscrew and unscrewed the faceplate so I could find out the brand and model.

The model number of the new thermostats: Honeywell 20152824WH. After a quick search online, I found this video of how to bypass and override the ridiculously high settings on the air conditioning units. I am sharing it here because NOBODY should have to suffer through that misery in hot, humid, and muggy Orlando!

Here is a link to the video instructions:

If you can't access the video, here's what to do:

1. AT THE SAME TIME (AND IN THIS EXACT ORDER): hold down the MODE button first, then also the FAN button, and then also the "UP" button.

2. RELEASE ALL THREE HELD BUTTONS AT THE SAME TIME.

3. You will see an "LEn" message display on the thermostat reading.

4. Then press the "DOWN" arrow button and lower the temperature down to its lowest number (I could only go as low as 65).

5. That's it! Nice and cool.

Note: the video instructions say it will get the settings down to 60, but I could only make it go as low as 65. I'm happy to report that I am currently relaxing in an ice box fit for a polar bear! Ha ha. Hope this helps!

Thanks! Here now and worked like a charm. I always do a search anytime I stay anywhere. After a very long day in FL heat walking miles at the park, no one wants to walk into a hot room.

DfromATX

I wish I saw this before our last trip last February. We could not figure out how to work the darn thermostat. I think we set it to 70 or whatever, but it would either blow heat or cold A/C, never off. The AC would cut off and the heat would come on. I guess we could have called someone, but we just "suffered" through it. What's worse is I'm from the US in Texas so you'd think we'd be very familiar with thermostats. We've already used our AC once this year so far. 😂

MickeyLuv'r

This may sound weird, but is there a way to turn it OFF?
I think so. ?

We usually adjust the temp warmer, and that works for us, but I think I have sometimes been able to turn the air off. Or at least I have at non-WDW hotels.

As others have said though, after you go to sleep the automated system takes over. Sometimes we find the room gets too hot, other times it gets too cold.

And then there's the hotel hallways. Sometimes they are very cold at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom