ANYONE HAVE LUCK REDEEMING HARD ROCK REWARDS?

danpam1024

Original Poster
I called reservations before redeeming my Hard Rock Rewards free night voucher (thank goodness). Because of our schedules, we can really only go on a Saturday-Sunday I picked an off-peak time and there ARE rooms available for purchase. Of course no rooms for the rewards voucher. So I randomly asked for other Saturdays in Jan and Feb- no luck there either. I asked if they excluded weekend stays, she said "no", but I couldn't get a weekend. I'm pretty frustrated. We OBVIOUSLY spend a substantial amount of money there if we earned a free night, you'd think a "reward" wouldn't be such a hassle. It's not like I'm asking for NYE!

squidward

We had the exact same problem. We ended up canceling out Hard Rock reservation and booked Royal Pacific instead. More importantly, we canceled our Hard Rock Rewards membership.

Honestly, it isn't just a Hard Rock thing. Pardon my language, but Universal needs to remove their head from their backside when it comes to resort reservations. Disney is childs play when it comes to making changes to your reservation. Because of the disconnect between Loews and Universal, it's impossible. You have to cancel and rebook.

danpam1024

Original Poster
I understand blacking out dates of peak travel. But honestly, why pretend to have a rewards program if you don't let the guest use what they've been told they earned? Silliness. If I have to take a day off work to enjoy a "free night" it becomes not-so-free :(

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We had the exact same problem. We ended up canceling out Hard Rock reservation and booked Royal Pacific instead. More importantly, we canceled our Hard Rock Rewards membership.

Honestly, it isn't just a Hard Rock thing. Pardon my language, but Universal needs to remove their head from their backside when it comes to resort reservations. Disney is childs play when it comes to making changes to your reservation. Because of the disconnect between Loews and Universal, it's impossible. You have to cancel and rebook.
I actually a few years back had Loews fix an issue I had because of a split reservation between Hard Rock and the Portifino. Agree, it was a mess. But Loews has a way of fixing their messes the way Disney White Glove guest services had in the past. Lowes way of fixing the issue was for a reservation for four was pushing the entire stay to Portifino, upgrading us to a suite bayside, giving us two 5 day free passes and a first day turn down service with a table of assorted chocolates for our stay.

Yes Lowes did mess up our initial reservations big time and I was beyond frustrated however they also took responsibility fixed the issue and pulled out the white gloves to encourage our future love of the resort. It worked. If you read the trip reports and read the issues Disney guests have with split stays from luggage to their dining credits being messed up and outright cancelling the 2nd leg of their trip that was completely paid for Disney isn't always on top of their game as of late.

squidward

Just called again for our stay in July. Once again, no availability. I'm really disappointed with this program. We've stayed over 25 nights there in 3 years, earned 3 free nights, and each year, we're told the same thing - No availability. Sorry, but that's crap. Make availability. We're staying there for 8 nights. Just give us a night for free. Don't tell me you can't do it. Just be honest and say you won't because you don't care.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Just called again for our stay in July. Once again, no availability. I'm really disappointed with this program. We've stayed over 25 nights there in 3 years, earned 3 free nights, and each year, we're told the same thing - No availability. Sorry, but that's crap. Make availability. We're staying there for 8 nights. Just give us a night for free. Don't tell me you can't do it. Just be honest and say you won't because you don't care.
I couldn't get anything until 3 weeks before we wanted to go. I was persistent and called a bunch of times. Good luck

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom