Anyone have experience with the Tamron Tap-In Console?

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
Original Poster
We have three Tamron lenses; 35/1.4, 150-600/5.0-6.3, 18-400/3.5-6.3. The 18-400 is the only lens we are having an issue with using the console. I either get a failed to connect error, or failed to import customized …something or other. My Google-Fu didn’t yield anything specific to the lens. The lens works as expected when mounted (Canon R6 w/adapter, and Canon 70D native). Contacts don’t appear to be damaged, and are clean. Firmware for the app is up to date and meets requirements for the lens.

Any words of wisdom before I call tech support and spend time on hold, and get ready to box it up and send it in?

thomas998

We have three Tamron lenses; 35/1.4, 150-600/5.0-6.3, 18-400/3.5-6.3. The 18-400 is the only lens we are having an issue with using the console. I either get a failed to connect error, or failed to import customized …something or other. My Google-Fu didn’t yield anything specific to the lens. The lens works as expected when mounted (Canon R6 w/adapter, and Canon 70D native). Contacts don’t appear to be damaged, and are clean. Firmware for the app is up to date and meets requirements for the lens.

Any words of wisdom before I call tech support and spend time on hold, and get ready to box it up and send it
Not sure what camera you are trying to use it on but in my experience with non OEM lenses the problem often lies in the camera you are trying to attach them to. I have an adapter to use my Canon lenses on a Sony mirrorless and while it works perfectly on one camera on the other it will often require me to turn the camera off and back on sometimes after it goes to sleep otherwise the AF will not work. The adapter works perfectly on the older Sony camera but the newer one just doesn't like it. So if you have multiple cameras that the adapter fits just see if it works fine on one of them but not the other, at least then you know it is the camera and not something else.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
Original Poster
It works fine on either camera we have. The issue is with the Tamron console, which is like a dock connected to a computer. It can be used to update firmware, adjust focus points, and a few other things. I just wanted to update the firmware when I discovered the issue. I just need to make the time to call Tamron and then probably send it in.

Thanks though:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom