anyone from North Carolina out there...

Koda-bear

Original Poster
hey guys...

I'm considering a relocation to NC....specifically the Raleigh area...
but I have no idea what to expect...I have a 16yo daughter...and its just myself and her...
I can't seem to find any info on schools or the best areas to live....
if any one out there would like to share some info....I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

DanStat

I live in Charlotte. Raleigh is ok...it always seems really dirty to me. I don't really know where to direct you for help. My cousin used to live around the Burlington area, but I'm not all that familiar with it.

Wilson

Charlotte is just envious of our 'Best place to live in America' status. ;)

I'm way late for work right now, but I'll see what I can come up with for you when I get home tonight. In the meantime, feel free to pm me with any specific questions that you have.

DanStat

Originally posted by Wilson
Charlotte is just envious of our 'Best place to live in America' status. ;)

I'm way late for work right now, but I'll see what I can come up with for you when I get home tonight. In the meantime, feel free to pm me with any specific questions that you have.

...and Raleigh is still mad that Charlotte got "The Cheesecake Factory"! :lol:

Wilson

Ok, I found a few links that might be helpful:

Wake County Public Schools System
Relocation Help Desk
List of private schools
another school list w/links
Local newspaper
triangle.citysearch.com
Triangle.com
See, best place to live
This one's for disneyprep, I laughed when I saw it in the paper this morning

a brief overview of the area:

if you're looking at a map, downtown Raleigh is in the center, surrounded by I-440 (known as the Beltline)
Most people live around the outside of the Beltline, in the various neighborhoods and towns.
They are, starting at the top and going clockwise, North Raleigh, Knightdale, Garner, Fuquay-Varina,
Holly Springs, Apex, Cary & Morrisville.

I would rank them as far as housing cost like this, starting with most expensive:

Inside the Beltline North - Old Raleigh money
North Raleigh - Old Raleigh/Young Professionals
Cary - Yuppie/Family
Apex/Holly Springs/Morrisville - Young Family/Rednecky (and I mean that in a nice way ;) )
Garner/Fuquay-Varina - same
Knightdale - same
Inside the Beltline Southeast - what I guess would be considered the projects/poorest area

Inside the Beltline Southwest is the NC State University area, mostly college students/apartments, etc.

That's in general, of course. There are all manner of homes in all these areas.

Personally, I'm partial to Cary, because I grew up there, and Apex, where I live now, but it really depends on what you are looking for. Hope this helps. Again, feel free to ask me any questions, and I'll see what I can come up with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom