Anyone ever use the babysitting service offered in WDW?

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Planning to have a night out alone at the World and thought about the sitter service that's available. Anyone have experience with this? Did you like them?

Sans Souci

The Activity Centers? Yes, I have used them and will continue to use them until my son ages out. He always asks to go back, even when we don't have adult dinners planned.

docdebbi

we have used the in room babysitting service several times. always happy with the sitter. very expensive, but worth it to us.
all sitters are different, some reminded us of Mary Poppins- incredible, other thought a basketball game on TV was entertainment for a 2 year old! but even the one who put on basketball, was more than adequate. we trusted all of them and the kids said they had fun
if you can afford it, do it. go out and have a nice adult dinner. you deserve one night in peace.

Da Man

We used Kids Nite Out on a last recent visit and it was fantastic. The sitter was professional, showed up with loads of activities to do if they stayed in the room, and was ready to work with whatever restrictions we left when my wife and I went out to dinner. When we came back to the room, they were camped out under a makeshift fort watching a Disney movie on her laptop. Her first name was Jaime if anyone is interested in requesting her.

dreamfinder

There are multiple "sitters". Some of the deluxe resorts have activity centers for the kids where you can drop them off for a few hours of supervised play. But there are also off site babysitter "referral" type agencies that will send someone to watch your kids in your room for you. Depends on your comfort level.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have used both the in room services as well as the kids clubs like Neverland at the Poly.

The kids clubs are consistently good and my daughter liked them so much that she would request to go to them.

The in room sitters can be a little luck of the draw. We never had anyone that was bad, but they would range between adequate and simply awesome.

mitchk

Hahaha.... I love that the trip has a title! I could use the same title when we go with my extended family! 20 days and counting until Tantrum a Trip 2013.

I'm glad someone brought this up. I had a nightmare of a trip last sept. with my then 1 1/2 yo. Well..... We are going back in Nov. for some more torture. She is now 2 1/2 , and she is still not plesent in restraunts. Like the fool I am, I have a dinner booked for each night of the trip. The only one I'm really excited about is BOG, and since I'm lazy, does anyone know off hand how much it would be for a in room sitter at ASM?

HollyAD

I saw many people using the kids club at the AKL. It was a perfect place to drop them off and go grab dinner at Sanaa, Boma, or Jiko. There is also the Victoria Falls lounge there that is relaxing and had some great drink choices. Thankfully I had family babysitting but my son was asking to go to the playroom. Guess we spoiled him on the Disney cruise!

DiSnEyF@n

Planning to have a night out alone at the World and thought about the sitter service that's available. Anyone have experience with this? Did you like them?

When we stayed at the Swan and Dolphin we used the babysitting service. I believe it started at 4pm and went until 12pm. I believe they have to be a certain age and potty trained. My kids didn't want to go at first, but they enjoyed themselves all the same. We only used it one time. I don't know if you HAVE to be staying there though. Best of luck! Enjoy your trip! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom