Anyone ever gotten married at WDW?

luna99

Original Poster
some of you may remember me... this past may my boyfriend and I went to WDW for a concert and only had one day to spend in the parks.. we went to Epcot and my bf had never been to WDW before ever so I was hoping he would end up loving it.

well, fast foward to today.. and we're engaged! we got engaged two weekends ago and haven't really started talking wedding plans yet.. but I have a few ideas in mind. I'm considering doing a disney wedding if I can do it without breaking the bank. I know it would have to be a very simple wedding without many guests if we did it at the world, but that would be ok with me.

so I was just wondering if any of you have gotten married there, how your experience was, how working with the WDW wedding planners is.. etc..etc.

this is the place to talk disney weddings!!! :sohappy:

Unfortunately, I can't be of much assistance, since I've actually never actually gotten married at Walt Disney World. Or anywhere else, for that matter :lol:

However, I would like to put out a hearty congratulations!!! :sohappy:

luna99

Original Poster
aww, thank you!! It still hasn't quite sunken in yet that I'm engaged and I still call my boyfriend my "boyfriend", not "fiance" haha.

thanks again!

Since1976

Ever gotten married? I get married there ALL the time!

:lookaroun

Okay, not really. But I did sneak a peek at the wedding pavilion when my wife and I got a spa treatment at the Grand Floridian. Pretty snazzy!

CelticRose

CONGRATULATIONS:sohappy:

I didn't get married there, but every time I go I relive my honeymoon, it was a blast!!! Hubby :king: planned the honeymoon on his own and I didn't know where we were going until we got on the plane to Orlando:dazzle:

Hmmmm, wedding and honeymoon at WDW, why didn't I think of that.......18 years ago and we are still very happy today!!!

I have seen the Disney Weddings on TV, and they can make you a princess for your wedding, even roll out the Cinderalla's Royal Coach. You can have a cake that looks like the castle, it just all depends on your budget, but I am sure you can tell them your price range and they can set something up and still make it just as magical and you will still come out a princess.

Congratulations again and best wishes:sohappy:

manda0125

Disney Wedding

I'm getting married in EPCOT on Sunday!!! I highly recommend having your wedding in Disney World. I can't say enough good things about the wedding team. They will work with you anyway they can. Go to the disneywedding website. There is a phone # that you can call and a weddng planner can help with your questions. I have heard of people having smaller weddings down there and the price was fairly reasonable.

Congrats and good luck:)
Manda

luna99

Original Poster
:D thanks everyone for the congratulation and things!!!

and manda, I'm so jealous! where in epcot are you getting married? I really would love to get married in the mexico pavillion.. I guess you could say that's sort of my dream.

congratulations to you as well! If you don't mind.. could you tell me *around* how much you are spending on the wedding? If that's too personal of a question, or you want to private message me, I totally understand.:p

reptar77

We were married at Sunset point in 2004. We had the intimate package and stayed 7 days at the boardwalk. It was approx 5000.00. Call disney weddings they are great, they will give you all the info you need.

MEBSTinkerbell

I did

My DH and I were married at WDW in 2002. We had a custom wedding with around 100 guests, an Illuminations Cocktail party after our rehersal, pre reception (when our photos were taken) and reception. I believe it was around $27,000 for everything. The custom weddings are wonderful. You do feel like a princess for a day. My parents were not worried about the cost. My brothers country club wedding in Va ran around the same cost with the same number of guests. The prices are compareable to country club weddings from my understanding. You can do weddings at Disney for less.
There are message boards with planning tips too!

pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/mebstinkerbell/PicturesFromOurFairytaleWedding

HTH
MEBS Tinkerbell

manda0125

Wedding Question

:D thanks everyone for the congratulation and things!!!

and manda, I'm so jealous! where in epcot are you getting married? I really would love to get married in the mexico pavillion.. I guess you could say that's sort of my dream.

congratulations to you as well! If you don't mind.. could you tell me *around* how much you are spending on the wedding? If that's too personal of a question, or you want to private message me, I totally understand.:p

Sorry I didn't respond back right away!!! I left for Florida on the 28th. We got married in Italy on the Isola. It was PERFECT!!! The entire wedding was around $22,000.00, but I had a few extra's (Mickey and Minnie came to the reception). I can't tell you how perfect that day was. I did not worry about one thing, just had a great time!! I have pictures that I will post soon! Again sorry that it took me so long to respond:)
Good Luck!!

jesserin

Ever gotten married? I get married there ALL the time!

:lookaroun

:lol: That was exactly what went through my head when i read the title of this thread... ;) "heck yeah... like 10x's!" :lookaroun

lol sorry... but... big CONGRATS to Luna... even though it's a bit late! ;)

manda0125

Wedding

i was just wondering if it costs more to have your photos done in the park? were there other people around watching?

The price of the pictures depend on what kind of photo package you would like. The ceremony was at 9AM. World Showcase does not open till 11:00 and they roped off the two countries on either side so no one could walk through or be in the way of pictures. I did feel bad though!! As I was waiting in the limo (they drove it right into World Showcase) I saw a group of Segway people and they made them go around the back and come out at America. I must admitt it was really cool being there with no one else:)

mrerk

Premium Member
i was just wondering if it costs more to have your photos done in the park? were there other people around watching?

We had pics done in the MK. I don't know if this still holds true, but at the time (1998) only Disney Photographic Services was allowed to do the in park photos. The pics had to be done early in the morning before park opening so as not to disrupt the general public. The only other people we saw were the maintenance people. It was definitely a weird feeling driving down Main St in a van. I don't recall what time the session started, but in our first pics it was still dark. By the end of the session it was light.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom