Anyone ever get a Disney freebie?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I won a free dinner at the Biergarten in Germany because I participated in their yodeling contest, I was not the winner either. There were two other people in the contest, a Lady from Chicago (she won) and a guy from Liechtenstein.

I also got free birthday cake and cupcakes.

Horizons1

My folks and brother won free popcorn, passes, pins, and those cool transparent blue visors that lit up in 1986 during the 15th anniversary.

The YOAMD has got nothing on WDW's 15th.

nngrendel

My Ex and my daughter went to Fantasmic one year at DHS and we decided to just grab a bite to eat there. I went to purchase some food from the vendor there and found out they couldn't take cards or the room keys there. I didn't have any cash on me as I dont like carrying any when I am there in the parks. They told me I could go to the front of DHS where there was an ATM but if the place got the cap on people they would have to close the gates and it was possible I couldnt get back in. I wasnt happy about it but wasnt going to complain.

I walked back to my ex and daughter and explained I couldnt get anything. My daughter at this time was complaining that she was hungry. A few minutes later 2 CM's came to us and asked if there was an issue. Seems the lady selling souviners overheard what was going on and called them. I told them what was going on and that my daughter was just hungry and we didnt have cash. We were unaware that they didnt take any kind of electronic payment there. He said they wanted to buy our food for the night and asked what we all wanted. I told him I was fine and he insisted on getting us whatever we wanted. I told him that if he just brought my daughter something to eat and drink that would be fine. I was frankly sort of embarrassed because I didnt want to make it out to be a big deal. He then wanted to make sure myself nor my ex didnt need anything and I ensured him that I was fine. He went and brought back a hotdog and large drink for my daughter and said they just wanted us to be happy. I guess I could have gotten alot more but didnt feel like taking advantage of the situation. In my opnion they went above and beyond.

Figment1986

My first visit to poly last august we were upgraded from a garden room to concierge in the hawaii building... the view was magnificent.

other than that I can't think of much other than Birthday desserts and all your care to drink beverly :lookaroun

cattprez

mine technically wasnt from Disney, but while DH and me were on our honeymoon in dec07 we were buying some lunch in epcot and we were waiting in line and a young couple asked us if we wanted a free meal. I said no thankyou ( i was quite startled and know my mum always taught me not to accept gifts from strangers:lol:) but then they went on to explain they had to go to the airport and they didnt want to waste their dining plan. So we accepted and thanked them very much!! it was something little.. but made our day... so to those people, thank you!! you rock!

Jeff456

I have never had anything free from disney other than the YOMD mickey ears, although I have had some pretty cool free things from universal.
On our last trip in february the virgin holidays rep gave us passes for a free meal at universal citywalk as we were going the next day. Me and my sister went to universal in the morning, my mum my stepdad and my little sister didn't come as shes too small to really appreciate it, although they did come up in the evening for a meal only to find that every restaurant listed on the free ticket had been booked up for some kind of convention. As a result we had to wait 2 hours to eat at hard rock cafe and it was fairly late at this point and my little sister was getting fairly tired and irritable, the food was very dissapointing the waitress rude and all in all it wasn't a great night. The next day at our resort my mum spoke to the virgin rep and explained the situation, and wondered why she had not warned as that all the restaurants could be hired out and all she really wanted was her cab fare to citywalk paid, barely got an apology and were told that Virgin would ring us back in the UK. After 2 months we still had no call but then a huge package arrived in the post. It was loads of free universal merchandise probably a good $150 worth, but more importantly 5 free 3 day park hopper tickets to universal. What I still don't understand though is why the apology was from universal and not virgin as if they had passed the blame on.

MyLittleAngels

My husband and I received about $200 in free merch from Disney one year .... We were staying at CBR. We checked in, dropped our luggage in the room (pausing only to put valuables in the safe), and headed out to the park. We didn't want to waste a single second of those length of stay passes! When we got back that night, our luggage was gone. Everything we had brought with us, minus what had been dropped in the safe. I called the front desk and asked for the manager. When he came on, I explained the situation and he said he thought he knew what had happened. It turns out a very large group (1000+) had checked out that morning, and the resort had gone around collecting their bags from the rooms. Ours was accidently included. So, they gave us charging privileges in the gift shop, where we bought clothes for the night and the next day, toiletries and necessary stuff to get us through the next day. The following day, our luggage was back (with luggage tags from its flight to Oklahoma) on the bed where we'd left it.

rsoxguy

Original Poster
My husband and I received about $200 in free merch from Disney one year .... We were staying at CBR. We checked in, dropped our luggage in the room (pausing only to put valuables in the safe), and headed out to the park. We didn't want to waste a single second of those length of stay passes! When we got back that night, our luggage was gone. Everything we had brought with us, minus what had been dropped in the safe. I called the front desk and asked for the manager. When he came on, I explained the situation and he said he thought he knew what had happened. It turns out a very large group (1000+) had checked out that morning, and the resort had gone around collecting their bags from the rooms. Ours was accidently included. So, they gave us charging privileges in the gift shop, where we bought clothes for the night and the next day, toiletries and necessary stuff to get us through the next day. The following day, our luggage was back (with luggage tags from its flight to Oklahoma) on the bed where we'd left it.
This story serves to remind me of why I choose to stay at a Disney resort whenever I visit for more than one day. They made a serious mistake, but they took care of their guests with grace and courtesy. I have found things wrong in times past when dealing with Disney, and I have at times walked away dissatisfied, but they generally do a good job at taking care of a customer.

cndrellagrl

A while back my mom wrote a letter to disney suggesting that they get more wheelchairs and how she was upset that they ran out after giving them away as 'double strollers' (some do it this way because at that time it was cheaper). She was upset because my grandma couldn't walk so she had to sit on a bench and wait for a wheelchair to be returned. In return, Disney sent back 10 1-day passes. (not what she wanted, just wanted to suggest they do something about the problem, but what a bonus!)

One time my cousin fell by the pool and cracked his head open. When he got back from the hospital, his room was filled with giant stuffed animals and balloons.

My aunt ripped her shorts and the store gave her some for free.

Someone in my family lost their camera and they gave them a disposable one for free.

my mom washed my brother's 'passport' from epcot. She wrote a letter asking if they could send a new one along with a check. they sent the check back with the passbook, signed by all the people and characters from epcot, and other epcot goodies.

last time we were there, my aunt fell down the main staircase at grand floridian - like all the way from the top. She got a free wheelchair for the day! (it was hilarious!, just had to add that in here!)

The world has been kind to my family!

ValentineMouse

I remember for my birthday, I got a Mickey straw/spoon from the Dip Site outside IJESS which was cool, then I got a Star Wars Trading Card Card Starter Pack from Tatooine Traders - I was really surprised I got that! And I got the Birthday Badges. :king:

Oh! And I got a free American flag plastic pin on Independence Day - they were cool ^_^. Oh! And I've been given a sticker or two before! :)

TakeMeThere81

A while back my mom wrote a letter to disney suggesting that they get more wheelchairs and how she was upset that they ran out after giving them away as 'double strollers' (some do it this way because at that time it was cheaper). She was upset because my grandma couldn't walk so she had to sit on a bench and wait for a wheelchair to be returned. In return, Disney sent back 10 1-day passes. (not what she wanted, just wanted to suggest they do something about the problem, but what a bonus!)

One time my cousin fell by the pool and cracked his head open. When he got back from the hospital, his room was filled with giant stuffed animals and balloons.

My aunt ripped her shorts and the store gave her some for free.

Someone in my family lost their camera and they gave them a disposable one for free.

my mom washed my brother's 'passport' from epcot. She wrote a letter asking if they could send a new one along with a check. they sent the check back with the passbook, signed by all the people and characters from epcot, and other epcot goodies.

last time we were there, my aunt fell down the main staircase at grand floridian - like all the way from the top. She got a free wheelchair for the day! (it was hilarious!, just had to add that in here!)

The world has been kind to my family!

Remind me never to go to WDW with your family! Geesh, they've been through a lot there! :lol:

I forgot to add, my kids got free balloons at the Boardwalk Resort, near the reservations desk. We weren't checking in or anything, just strolling past and they gave them to us. I saved the Mickey-shaped balloon weights.

bidnow5

We stayed at Pop Century one year and our car was infested with Fire Ants when we went to leave for the parks.
I inquired at the desk and they sent the best CM ever right over he vacuumed every square inch of our car including the engine. They gave us all 2 day passes for missing that day and for our trouble.
I go to Disney so often because of that I also learned to never park under a tree in the lot. The ants were at the base of the tree went up the tire into the engine and through the firewall

DisneySam

Randomly in EPCOT a CM gave me a Food & Wine Festival Button and my friend a Bear Festival (I can't remember the name, the bears in Germany at EPCOT) Button. It was really nice and he just gave them to us at random.

Tiggerfanatic

I got some free goodies on our last trip while wearing my birthday button. But the nicest freebie we ever got was on our 2nd trip in '95. We were staying at the Poly, and DH went to check in. Apparently the CM was just new on the job, and when DH handed her cash instead of plastic to pay for the room, she had absolutley no idea what to do with it. Had to call the manager, and it took over an hour to get to our room. Really no big deal - we didn't think too much of it, and headed over to the parks. When we got back to our room that night, there was a HUGE tray of beautiful chocolate dipped fruit along with a note thanking us for our patience. We ate from it all week, and there were 5 of us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom