Anyone ever book something because of hype and then cancel because you just don't care?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I just cancelled a FOP fastpass because my sister and I REALLY don't care if we go on it.
We only got it because "its the best ride in Disney World" but then we came to our senses and cancelled.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You definitely will be missing something special
Not really.
They will be missing something ( going by their stated medical issues) that has the probability of making them unwell. Yes it is a great ride and the best of its type, but it isn't for everyone.

Upvote 0

Dave B

Not really.
They will be missing something ( going by their stated medical issues) that has the probability of making them unwell. Yes it is a great ride and the best of its type, but it isn't for everyone.
I stand by my post, you don't know until you try, the 3d part is not huge and the motion is so different from any other ride, including all simulators

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Again.... we usually DO base what we ride on our own opinions.
It can be difficult sometimes when everyone and their mother recommends something and you give them your reasons for why you do not want to do it and then they dismiss all of your reasons and insist you will like it in spite of those reasons.
Peer pressure does not end once you reach adulthood lol.
Never give in to peer pressure--you can do it! (And I don't mean it sarcastically, I'm being encouraging). When I decided never to give in to Peer Pressure again, life became more bearable and fun.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
As an adult if people can't respect my physical limitations then they are soon out of my life. You are the only one who is responsible for your decisions. Blaming others that "made you do it" seems wrong to me.

Wow you really just don't want to hear me lol.
That's fine. I'll express it again just in case it gets through this time...
We DID make our own decision. We folded under peer pressure at first but like I said came to our senses.
Also I am not physically limited in the same way you seem to be so stop putting your issues on me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Never give in to peer pressure--you can do it! (And I don't mean it sarcastically, I'm being encouraging). When I decided never to give in to Peer Pressure again, life became more bearable and fun.

In my everyday life I do not allow others to determine what I do or do not do.
Its legit just this one attraction that has gotten so much hype and continues to in this thread that I'm like should I just do it to show that its not my cup of tea so I can debunk the hype but then its like no I don't need to prove anything here which is where my common sense came in lol.

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Wow you really just don't want to hear me lol.
That's fine. I'll express it again just in ase it gets through this time...
We DID make our own decision.
Also I am not physically limited in the same way you seem to be so stop putting your issues on me.
I am glad you cancelled. It doesn't seem like you would enjoy the ride. It's just a shame that you felt pressured into booking to start with.

Upvote 0

mdcpr

In my everyday life I do not allow others to determine what I do or do not do.
Its legit just this one attraction that has gotten so much hype and continues to in this thread that I'm like should I just do it to show that its not my cup of tea so I can debunk the hype but then its like no I don't need to prove anything here which is where my common sense came in lol.
I was trying to be nice, which from my read of your postings, you don't get when someone is, even with the disclaimer that I was being encouraging.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I was trying to be nice, which from my read of your postings, you don't get when someone is, even with the disclaimer that I was being encouraging.

I understood and was in agreement about not giving in.
I just shared my mental processing of it with you.
Sharing is caring.
I have a straight forward and non sugar coating way of typing so apparently the appreciation is not felt but its there.

Upvote 0

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
We only got it because "its the best ride in Disney World" but then we came to our senses and cancelled.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I don’t understand “came to our senses” if you’ve never rode it...🤔

Would you still not understand if it were something like skydiving? I don't have to have done it to know I do not want to lol.

We came to our senses and cancelled because we did not want to ride it to begin with and were just letting other people's opinions get to us and realized we shouldn't ride it just because "its the best ride". We know what we like and this is not it for the reasons I already listed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom