anyone else sick of hub and spoke attractions?

popkid

Original Poster
maybe it's just me, but how much 'imagineering' really goes into a hub and spoke attraction? and why is disney so keen on them? feels like in the future, wdw will be nothing but hub and spoke attractions, and charcter greets...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think there are several reasons why we are seeing a lot of these attractions...

1. Provides a *ride* for the younger kids

2. Is a low cost new attraction

3. Quick to install

4. Requires few CMs to run

5. Has a small physical footprint

6. Can be modified to fit almost any theme

I think to answer your question, there is no imagineering that goes into these attractions.

The kids have a good selection of them now, lets hope that is the end of them for the time being! :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by MrPromey

Well, MGM and Epcot don't have one yet. ;)

Yikes, dont even think it!!!! :)

The new Studios at Paris have also got in on the action - we have a lovely Aladdin hub/spoke to look forward to in the Animation Courtyard! That brings the Studios ride count up to 3 now :) (that is counting the tram tour as a ride!)

MrPromey

Originally posted by wdwmagic

Yikes, dont even think it!!!! :)

The new Studios at Paris have also got in on the action - we have a lovely Aladdin hub/spoke to look forward to in the Animation Courtyard! That brings the Studios ride count up to 3 now :) (that is counting the tram tour as a ride!)

So we can expect one in that big open area, there in front of the Animation Tour at MGM... Hmm... Now where could it go for Epcot... Mission Space is supposed to be a spinning ride, right? maybe this would explain the relatively small building, eh? ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by MrPromey

So we can expect one in that big open area, there in front of the Animation Tour at MGM... Hmm... Now where could it go for Epcot... Mission Space is supposed to be a spinning ride, right? maybe this would explain the relatively small building, eh? ;)

LOL!!!...or... there is that nice courtyard they are building out front of Mission Space - a spinner would look just great there ;) LOL

Although, my favorite ride rumor is the spinner being placed infront of the American Adventure, themed as aircraft LOL. That one is just classic. ;)

MrPromey

LOL!!!...or... there is that nice courtyard they are building out front of Mission Space - a spinner would look just great there ;) LOL

Although, my favorite ride rumor is the spinner being placed infront of the American Adventure, themed as aircraft LOL. That one is just classic. ;)

Yes, i think that would look just lovely with the nice colonial theme of that area. Maybe they could even spit fog out the back of them to simulate vapor trails!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
LOL yes that would be a super addition ;)

The other thing that amazes me about the spinner, is how little space it takes up for the installation. The recent MK addition surprised me, I was initially thinking it would be a very tight fit, but that one turned out pretty well in my opinion.

I think the small footprint that they occupy is what makes them so dangerous - they can go almost ANYWHERE! :fork: :cry:

MrPromey

LOL yes that would be a super addition ;)

The other thing that amazes me about the spinner, is how little space it takes up for the installation. The recent MK addition surprised me, I was initially thinking it would be a very tight fit, but that one turned out pretty well in my opinion.

I think the small footprint that they occupy is what makes them so dangerous - they can go almost ANYWHERE! :fork: :cry:

Yes, that's a very good point. They managed to add an attraction to MK without building a new land, expanding an existing land or closing another attraction. I guess we should be happy that it really cost both them and us nothing in that respect. When you first reported that it was going in there I was thinking there was no way it was going to fit and allow traffic all the way around it. I figured they would have closed off the entrance from Frontier Land. I was very surprised at just how much room was still there once the walls came down, too.

Skipper Timekpr

I talked to my friend's dad who is an imagineer and he said they WDI comes up with wonderful amazing attractions "I want to ride that so bad" attractions as he put it, but what happens is basically he said WDI is just a construction firm for Disney to go to every now and then and say hey we need an atrraction for this location and this is how much we are willing to pay. WDI then goes well we have this but if we take this and that away we can come up with that budget he said the biggest example of this is JIYI.

epcot71

i have the latest rumor for a new spinner ride

coming out in 2003 at mk

DISNEY MANAGEMENT EXTRAVIGANZA!

this spinner attraction will have ride vehicles with the huge heads of michael eisner,roy disney,paul pressler,al weiss,and cynthia harris.

cool thing is u can make each vehicle go up and down and there is a new botton that u press to hear a phrase from each one of the different managers.
i.e. press the botton and hear paul pressler saying"mr eisner i swear this california adventure will be a huge money maker"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mr Bill

Originally posted by epcot71
i have the latest rumor for a new spinner ride

coming out in 2003 at mk

DISNEY MANAGEMENT EXTRAVIGANZA!

this spinner attraction will have ride vehicles with the huge heads of michael eisner,roy disney,paul pressler,al weiss,and cynthia harris.

cool thing is u can make each vehicle go up and down and there is a new botton that u press to hear a phrase from each one of the different managers.
i.e. press the botton and hear paul pressler saying"mr eisner i swear this california adventure will be a huge money maker"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Eisner says "Well attendance is down so I'll raise prices to lose morwe people over 2 bucks."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom