Anyone else not like Cars Land?

Rich T

Personally, I love Cars Land.

1) I find the films fun and enjoyable. Even 2.
2) I like most of the characters. Even Mater.
3) The land is huge, for a single IP, but invites leisurely walks in a warm, friendly environment
4) I agree the merch can be better, but keep in mind that those little diecast cars have been a huge seller for Disney.
5) The theming is not underwhelming, it's amazing. You're just not interested in the franchise, so you don't look closely. The amount of consistent detail--From the giant 3-Way mirror in Luigi's (for cars to try on tires), to the history of Flo's music career, to the giant tongue depressors from Doc's office and the xray of Ramone's engine to the pun-filled descriptions of every landmark in the mountain range detailed on those info plaques along the road, to the Burma Shave signs, to Mater's momentos from his tall tales which turn out to be mostly true, to the INCREDIBLE song loop of car-related oldies that play in the town, to the Yellow light actually blinking slower on every third blink... yeah. I could go on. :D (Next time you sit at the Cozy Cone, try counting the many, many different ways cones are hidden in the decor. It's insane.)
6) The town gives off a warm, relaxed friendly vibe that gets even better at night. The outdoor patio at Flo's is one of my favorite spots in all of DLR.

In short, I LOVE Cars Land. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :D Oh, and the fact that RSR is an amazing ride that ALSO provides the land with a lively kinetic backdrop helps a lot.

Last edited:

captveg

I'm not all that enamored with it, but I just chalk it up as not my thing. There's plenty of stuff in the two parks to keep me busy.

I would like to ride RSR again since I've only been on it once, but I've never been there where it was shorter than a 60 minute line and that's just too long for a ride I was fine with but not in love with.

I'm glad the land and ride(s) have their fans.

Monorail_Orange

I think RichT really hit the nail on the head with his reasoning. I will also add, I believe CarsLand is the very best themed land Disney has done yet (Caveat - I have not yet experienced GE, I render no opinion on it currently). Admittedly, I'm biased, I truly enjoyed all three films, and each time I walk down Route 66 in DCA, I feel like I've walked into the movie.

That having been said, the mention of DinoRama as being better at anything other than being a garish, awful insult to any Disney park anywhere, I can't agree with. I will agree that it may more truly represent the actual garish, tourist-trap nature of the real Route 66. I liken it to comparing New Orleans (the actual city) with New Orleans Square in DL. I live less than an hour from the City of N.O., and I despise going there. I only go to the city when I have no other choice, and not happily then, either. On the other hand, I dearly love NOS, it's all the positives of the real city, with none of the negatives that keep me away. (I do realize this is a far from perfect analogy, but it's still illustrative.)

TrainsOfDisney

I’m not a huge fan of the cars movies, they are fine but not the best Pixar has done. I’m also not 100% for dedicating an entire land to a single IP.

But I love Cars Land. It’s very fun to walk down the street. I love walking by the tractors and dancing cars and hearing the music and seeing people have fun. Kinda like walking by the tea-cups in fantasyland. It just makes me feel good. The cozy cones and diner are really neat to look at and I personally think the racers is one of Disney’s best attraction. It tells a story, it’s a family ride and has a legit thrill factor at the end. Kinda like splash mountain... it checks all the boxes of what a major attraction should be.

The rock work, especially at night, is simply amazing.

planodisney

The lights coming on at dusk while the music plays in the background is special. I love the look at feel of Flos at night. If Luigi’s was a classic Disney c or D level of attraction, the land would be perfection. It’s still very very good.

TrainsOfDisney

The lights coming on at dusk while the music plays in the background is special. I love the look at feel of Flos at night. If Luigi’s was a classic Disney c or D level of attraction, the land would be perfection. It’s still very very good.

Oh man... how cool would it be if Luigi’s started as is, and then moved in to a building where it was more like a traditional dark ride, and then moved back outside and finished as is. You could have 2 sets of cars always rotating in and out.

Californian Elitist

I don’t love Cars Land, but I like it. In saying that, I no longer get that feeling of amazement I used to get when it first opened and I tend to skip it a lot during my trips.

I’ve said this a million times, Car Land should have been built. But oh well.

mickEblu

Like it don’t love it. But what do I love at DCA? BVS is nice but falls into the “like” category as it looks pretty but it’s too small with not a lot of substance. So that just leaves Grizzly Peak.

TrainsOfDisney

I always see Cars Land given so much praise. Does anyone else not care for it? I am not talking about Radiator Springs Racers the ride (which I think is still overhyped although fun), but the land itself. I really wish they would have built just the Radiator Springs ride and maybe the diner, instead of the entire land around it. Why don't I like the land?

1) Cars doesn't interest me as a film series
2) The characters of the Cars film don't interest me
3) The footprint the land takes up is huge
4) The shops all have the same hot wheels toy merchandise and are not interesting to walk around in (how cool would it be to have a corny Route 66 touristy type store, such as the road side attractions you would see on that road?)
5) Besides the mountain range, the theming is very underwhelming
6) I feel Animal Kingdom's lower budgeted "Dino Land USA" does a much better job of portraying a Route 66 type theme than Cars Land

Does anyone else feel the same way? I never want to visit Cars Land the same way I would for any of Disneyland's Lands, Buena Vista Street, or Grizzly Peak. I see it as a giant place I have to walk through to get to a ride.

What attraction at a Disney park is worth a 60 minute wait to you?

What themed area of a Disney park is not underwhelming compared to cars land?

Tanna Eros

I always see Cars Land given so much praise. Does anyone else not care for it? I am not talking about Radiator Springs Racers the ride (which I think is still overhyped although fun), but the land itself. I really wish they would have built just the Radiator Springs ride and maybe the diner, instead of the entire land around it. Why don't I like the land?

1) Cars doesn't interest me as a film series
2) The characters of the Cars film don't interest me
3) The footprint the land takes up is huge
4) The shops all have the same hot wheels toy merchandise and are not interesting to walk around in (how cool would it be to have a corny Route 66 touristy type store, such as the road side attractions you would see on that road?)
5) Besides the mountain range, the theming is very underwhelming
6) I feel Animal Kingdom's lower budgeted "Dino Land USA" does a much better job of portraying a Route 66 type theme than Cars Land

Does anyone else feel the same way? I never want to visit Cars Land the same way I would for any of Disneyland's Lands, Buena Vista Street, or Grizzly Peak. I see it as a giant place I have to walk through to get to a ride.
Do they have the little blue Volkswagon that resembles Flik the Ant in any of those spacious gift shops?

mickEblu

What attraction at a Disney park is worth a 60 minute wait to you?

What themed area of a Disney park is not underwhelming compared to cars land?

As an AP, none of em. The last time I waited 60 or over for a ride was Hyperspace Mountain when it first came out because all the FPs were gone and I didn’t know if I’d be back while it was still running.

GingerGirl3

My kids enjoy the ride and it looks great, especially at night, but I don’t get the little rides. My kids did them once and have never had any desire to do them again so it seems like a lot of wasted space with carnival rides. I never understood building a “land” with one ride.

voodoo321

It's good no doubt but definetly overhyped. I consistently hear "best themed land in any park". Not really. I think those things could be said if it had been a route 66 car land featuring the characters from Cars. And how about a little shade?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom