Anyone eaten at Tangerine Cafe lately?

Simba’s Mom

Original Poster
It was always one of my favorite places to eat. However, I heard someone say that the portions lately are much smaller and overall the food just isn't as good. I so hope that's just one person's perspective. I'd be so sad to see it diminish.

Weather_Lady

I haven't, but I took a gander at recent Yelp reviews with photos, and the portion sizes do look a little bit smaller (up to 20% less, if I compare the shawarma platters I've had before with what's being shown now) than what I remember from prior visits.

Chi84

Premium Member
We didn't notice any difference the last time we ate there, but that was several months ago. My husband and I split the chicken and lamb shawarma platter for lunch and it was plenty. We'll be there in a few weeks, so I'll watch for any difference. I thought it was as good as ever, quality-wise.

Hcalvert

It was always one of my favorite places to eat. However, I heard someone say that the portions lately are much smaller and overall the food just isn't as good. I so hope that's just one person's perspective. I'd be so sad to see it diminish.

I ate there last July and we commented that the portion sizes were smaller.

cjlyon

We went in August and I thought portions at Tangierine Café and Flame Tree were smaller than previous visits but food was still as good.

MrHappy

I went for the first time in this past March. My expectations were sky high from reading all the great reviews. I thought it was meh. And I wasn't a fan of the casa beer either. I'll give it another chance my next trip in October, I'm hoping to report better things!

s&k'smom

We were just there last week in August. Now that you mention it the veggie platter I usually get did seem slightly smaller however the quality was still great Both my husband and daughter got the chicken kebabs wraps and we’re very happy with them. It’s a must do for us every trip in between a girls trip next October and it’s definitely going to be one of my stops

correcaminos

We were there in June. Honestly I do not recall the sizes being noticeably smaller or not as I cannot ever finish a whole meal. The food was just as good as always.

KikoKea

DH says the portion was a bit smaller- less cous cous, to be sure. Still, it was enough for us to split as a light meal. Tasted great, as always.

belledream

Ate there in a few weeks ago:
DSC06451.JPG

Here's a pic from 2013:
1380003_1996645155530_1617307380_n.jpg

Different photography style? Yes. :oops:
Smaller? Yes. :(
Still tasty? Yes. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom