anyone do the Disney Cruise and Disney park package and if so how much did it roughly cost

Curtis Meighan

Original Poster
just trying to figure out if it is worth doing the land and sea package my wife and I went for our honeymoon and want to go back but know we don't need to stay 7 days like last time, and really want to try the cruise for the first time but can't find what the prices would be or even a rough estimate any help be much appreciated

sweetpee_1993

Price out a cruise on DCLs website for when you want to cruise, price your WDW package in their website, add $35 per person each way to/from the port for transfers, and there's your package price. Good luck!

Curtis Meighan

Original Poster
Price out a cruise on DCLs website for when you want to cruise, price your WDW package in their website, add $35 per person each way to/from the port for transfers, and there's your package price. Good luck!
don't they offer the same idea as the magic express? when we were there 2yrs ago we seen Disney Cruise buses dropping off and picking up people at our resort

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
don't they offer the same idea as the magic express? when we were there 2yrs ago we seen Disney Cruise buses dropping off and picking up people at our resort
Yes, but unlike DME, it is not free.

Disney has not done the land and sea packages for a while now. What you will want to do is pick a cruise itinerary online and then plan a WDW trip online that lines up with it.

kasey1988

We have a trip similar to what you are asking about booked for September.

We have 2 nights booked prior to the cruise, 3 night cruise and 6 nights booked after the cruise. We also had to factor in the fee for the cruise transfers.

We used the disney websites and priced out the cruise we wanted, then priced out the wdw package we wanted and had to book them separately, because disney no longer offers land and sea packages. We initially were only going to fly in the day before, but scored a really good deal on renting dvc points for animal kingdom lodge so will now be doing 2 nights before the cruise.

The cost will all depend on when, where and how long you are going. The best think to do it play with some dates on the website!

Good luck :)

EOD K9

After doing the DCL thing twice, I enjoy that a tad more than the parks. That being said, I still enjoy being in the bubble. On our upcoming cruise next year, we are staying on site before and after but will not be hitting the parks.

Last edited:

stalkingmickey

Experience the best of Disney by land and by sea! If you're departing from or arriving in Port Canaveral, Florida on a Disney cruise, then you can enhance your vacation with even more magic. Enjoy an enchanting stay at Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida - in addition to your Bahamian, Caribbean or repositioning cruise.

Turn your cruise into the ultimate Disney combination vacation by including accommodations, theme park tickets and more! Our pre- and post-cruise vacation add-on options are more flexible than ever.

New to cruising? This is a great way to test the waters by combining the experience of the parks you already love with a magical 3-night or 4-night voyage on the high seas.

To find out more or add a Walt Disney World Resort experience to your cruise vacation, please call (800) 951-3532 or contact your travel agent.

on their website right now!

sweetpee_1993

Experience the best of Disney by land and by sea! If you're departing from or arriving in Port Canaveral, Florida on a Disney cruise, then you can enhance your vacation with even more magic. Enjoy an enchanting stay at Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida - in addition to your Bahamian, Caribbean or repositioning cruise.

Turn your cruise into the ultimate Disney combination vacation by including accommodations, theme park tickets and more! Our pre- and post-cruise vacation add-on options are more flexible than ever.

New to cruising? This is a great way to test the waters by combining the experience of the parks you already love with a magical 3-night or 4-night voyage on the high seas.

To find out more or add a Walt Disney World Resort experience to your cruise vacation, please call (800) 951-3532 or contact your travel agent.

on their website right now!

If you price it, I don't think there's any savings by booking as a package through Disney. It's a convenience thing. Sorta, I guess, because you can't book a package all-in-one online so you're relegated to calling the call center. You're likely to get a better deal by utilizing discounts for the land portion and booking separately. It's not hard to book your own. It's like booking 2 trips that are consecutive then connect them with transfers to/from the port.

stalkingmickey

If you price it, I don't think there's any savings by booking as a package through Disney. It's a convenience thing. Sorta, I guess, because you can't book a package all-in-one online so you're relegated to calling the call center. You're likely to get a better deal by utilizing discounts for the land portion and booking separately. It's not hard to book your own. It's like booking 2 trips that are consecutive then connect them with transfers to/from the port.

Agree it most likely is the same if priced and would have a better chance of savings if book apart. But it is something they have brought back.

sweetpee_1993

Agree it most likely is the same if priced and would have a better chance of savings if book apart. But it is something they have brought back.
I think maybe early last year there was some discounted packages. I saw some prices and it looked fairly low. Those were advertised as special packages for a limited time, tho.

stalkingmickey

Not sure about last year we went on the Dream in Sept followed by a trip to WDW for 6 days at that point they still had not brought back this back because I actually asked when booking. Then maybe 2 months later I started to see commercials for this Land and Sea combo. I think its a good idea if and when they start with the magic bands on the cruise ships.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom