Anyone do a Leave a Legacy tile at Epcot?

EchoOfOphelia

Original Poster
Has anyone done a Leave a Legacy tile? Did you do a picture or text? both? Did you enjoy it? Did it turn out the way you wanted it when it was finally put up? Do you think that this is a good idea? Do you think it's a better idea than the bricks at the Magic Kingdom?

I definately think that they are better than the bricks because they are starting to wear off already from the traffic.. they haven't really been there that long. I think maybe they started in the early 90's sometime.

Kevin (fiance) and I did two tiles (right next to each other) the very first year we were there together (Feb 2001). One is text and the other is our pictures. I think it came out really nice and its so much fun seeing it when we go there. Plus we were told they are guarenteed to be up for 20 years, so we'll be able to show it to our kids!

EchoOfOphelia

Original Poster
Whoops! Forgot to attach the picture!

Here's our tiles (very blurry)

Attachments

• 56692.jpg
    56692.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 374

celticdog

Yeah, we did a tile on October 1, 1999. Haven't been back to see it, though. We will try next year. I'm glad it will be there for another 16 years. It gives us plenty of time to see it.

At the time we made our tile, we only had the choice of doing a picture. I think it was money well spent.

I did this, too, and got to see my picture when I went last Feb. The one thing that I got and my sister didn't though, was a pin that said "Leave a Legacy". My sister was jealous and wanted my pin badly. I still have the pin in its bag. Not sure if I want to open it or not, though.

freaklarm

I did it too. I think it is great. BTW I also have a tile and FYI if you find your tile and you think that it is wearing off, just go to guest relations and they will replace it with a new one, no charge, ooohhh the Disney Magic...

kennyj29

Leave a Legacy

I think they are god awful. I wouldn't do it for anything. They ruined the entrance to Epcot and they are ugly. I did the brick and even though there are definitely bricks that are wearing. Mine is an a place that isn't walked on a lot so it's still in great shape. I hope they pick them up some day and ask us if we want them for ourselves@!!! Leave a Legacy, might have been a good idea if it was located in a more out of the way place. Those stones they put them on are horrible. It should be inside the park not blocking the beauty of the entrance. At least the bricks don't take away the beauty of the parks!:cry:

Tim G

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
Has anyone done a Leave a Legacy tile? Did you do a picture or text? both? Did you enjoy it? Did it turn out the way you wanted it when it was finally put up? Do you think that this is a good idea? Do you think it's a better idea than the bricks at the Magic Kingdom?

I definately think that they are better than the bricks because they are starting to wear off already from the traffic.. they haven't really been there that long. I think maybe they started in the early 90's sometime.

Kevin (fiance) and I did two tiles (right next to each other) the very first year we were there together (Feb 2001). One is text and the other is our pictures. I think it came out really nice and its so much fun seeing it when we go there. Plus we were told they are guarenteed to be up for 20 years, so we'll be able to show it to our kids!

As I stated before in pevious messages, I (myself) like them a lot
and of course I'm up there..(Photo & text)... but I'm on the Walk Around The World of bricks as well... (a "normal" and a granite one).

I loved the bricks, but as the years moved on, so did WDW...
One can't have bricks in EPCOT and the tiles look more futuristic..
Some call them graveyard monuments, but I love them, and there in the right place as well, EPCOT Main Entrance!

surfsupdon

I liked the idea of both, but I did not think that the proces had to be that outrageously high. If I remember correctly, the bricks were approaching 100 bucks, right?! And Leave a Legacy guaranteed for 20 years??! That isnt very "legacy" esque. Good idea, bad execution.

Me and my daughter are on one and I think it looks great. And yes i know there are people(several of them) whining about where they are at and calling them tombstones, yet these are the same people that support them destroying everything else in Epcot.. soooooooooo:hammer: :hammer: :zipit: :lol: :lol: :lookaroun

bhg469

Originally posted by freaklarm
I did it too. I think it is great. BTW I also have a tile and FYI if you find your tile and you think that it is wearing off, just go to guest relations and they will replace it with a new one, no charge, ooohhh the Disney Magic...

do you know how much the bricks are at MK?

joeluvsdisney

Originally posted by bhg469

do you know how much the bricks are at MK?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes they were a 100 beans but know the did stop them i dont know y. i have one between the wedding pavillion and the wedding pavillon and the polynesian.

b.t.w i am leaving to see it in one hour(500 am est) from newark airport,nj
i have the three day land 4night sea package i get any info i can on a few topics on the site

TTFN woohoohoo grrrrrrrrrrr (im the only one)

DarkImage4

We have 2 seperate tile up on Leave A Legacy.

The first one is from New Year's 2000/2001, from before we were married, and lists my wife with her maiden name.

Then we got one on our honeymoon last July with her "updated" name on it.

I'd post a photo of the first one, but it came out very blurry.

kennyj29

Epcot

Yeah, I hate them, I hate what they did to Epcot's entrance. But for Just A Big Kid maybe you can have the hammer face for people like me but I think it looks attrocious, it's big and ugly and I am far from the only one who thinks so. Do I want Epcot destroyed, no, but Yes I would like to see changes. So I think the exaggeration is a little much about wanting it destroyed, to me it was destroyed when they did that to the entrance!:hammer:

Shannon_Yensid

I have two legacy tiles and a brick...my family got the bricks the first year so we're right in front of the entrance. the first tile we got the first year my parents, my grandparents, my aunt and my sister and i. in feb we got two tiles for my three best friends and i. but the first tiles are on the east side and the other ones or on the west side. my mom loves them because she wants her grandkids to see how their mom looked at 18...that's a typical mom thing to say :)

EchoOfOphelia

Original Poster
Hmm... this is first time that I'm hearing that someone doesn't like the Leave a Legacy stones and their location. Not that it comes up in conversation all that often :lol: But I can totally see how some people could call them tombstones. If they do change the whole "look" of Epcot, I wonder how these would figure into that. I doubt they'd look good in the "10 Bazillion Tree" idea :lol: We'll see...

Attachments

• legacy.jpg
    legacy.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 191

bhg469

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
Hmm... this is first time that I'm hearing that someone doesn't like the Leave a Legacy stones and their location. Not that it comes up in conversation all that often :lol: But I can totally see how some people could call them tombstones. If they do change the whole "look" of Epcot, I wonder how these would figure into that. I doubt they'd look good in the "10 Bazillion Tree" idea :lol: We'll see...

i dont mind them that much but when its late and you want to get out before the crowds you kinda have to pretend your a running back and dodge the tombstones.

strobe

We did two for our honeymoon, they turned out AWESOME. One photo, one text. They are guaranteed for 20 years, but some of my friends with bricks in the Magic Kingdom are already noticing wear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom