Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Beacon Joe

I still enjoy DFB and AllEars. I don't watch everything they release, but they frequently put out videos I'm interested in. I recently saw some Marcus Q vlogs and enjoyed them, too.

My son and I enjoy watching Randomland videos even the non-Disney ones. We both agree it would be hilarious to run into him at a park, but we sure as heck wouldn't want to be on a ride with him.

Dan Deesnee

Based on your response neither you, nor SoFloMagic, know how business expenses or standard or itemized deductions work.

My amounts were wrong for standard deductions (haven't looked at it in a while and apparently it's been raised A LOT in the past few years) but I certainly know how they work. I also forgot Tim Tracker was married (I rarely watch him).

I'm curious as to why you even bring up itemized deductions as they don't really apply here. Maybe you don't know how they work? Are you saying that Tim Tracker is some kind of philanthropist giving away his money to claim itemized deductions?

But speaking more generally, small business tax deductions can be extremely complex. I think it's safe to say nobody in this thread has any idea what any of these vloggers are claiming / paying in taxes.

The_Jobu

My amounts were wrong for standard deductions (haven't looked at it in a while and apparently it's been raised A LOT in the past few years) but I certainly know how they work. I also forgot Tim Tracker was married (I rarely watch him).

I'm curious as to why you even bring up itemized deductions as they don't really apply here. Maybe you don't know how they work? Are you saying that Tim Tracker is some kind of philanthropist giving away his money to claim itemized deductions?

But speaking more generally, small business tax deductions can be extremely complex. I think it's safe to say nobody in this thread has any idea what any of these vloggers are claiming / paying in taxes.

I dont know about itemized deductions but Liz Linen did mention the Trackers gave her a large donation (much more than a Gucci sweater) for her medical treatments.

RollerCoaster

I do because I've been one of them for 20+ years. Standard and itemized deductions don't apply to the business- why would I mention itemized because they go hand and hand. And business expenses aren't complicated unless you're trying to do something illegal.

BuddyThomas

I used to love vloggers like the trackers, Adam the woo, etc but for a while now I’ve really started not to like them. I feel like it’s a food/family vlog. Anyone else feel this way?
I dunno.......maybe......just maybe.....if you don't like it, don't watch, or make your own vlog. It's not rocket science.

SamandplanningUK

I definitely watch less Tracker vlogs now as it seems to be more about them as a family but they do provide and consistent and comprehensive overview of the resorts/food/rides etc.

As an alternative I really enjoy Adam Hattons vlogs - he is a UK vlogger so only posts vlogs a couple of times a year, his content is funny and lighthearted and he can also speak from experience from having worked for Disney and at Disney World a couple of times.

Apple Core

THE DAY IS HERE! Let the fireworks live streams commence. Probably with superchats turned on so they can rake in some bucks.

I'm not talking about those like AllEars or The DIS who might be part of a Disney-invited event. I'll probably tune in to The DIS myself.

DfromATX

I know what you mean. I still watch DFB and Molly (I went blank on what hers is called). To be honest, I've never really cared for Tim Tracker. I found him boring and something about him annoyed me. Edit: AllEars with Molly. I remembered as soon as I hit send lol.

Raineman

I used to be a dedicated vlog watcher-the Trackers, Adam The Woo, Justin Scarred, etc. I've found over the last couple of years that I've pretty much drifted away from all of them-not that I don't like them necessarily, but there have been other things I like to do/watch that have taken up my time. I love the 4K WDW videos-very relaxing and helps fill the void during trips (especially since we here in Canada have not been able to travel to the US for a year and a half, and not sure when we can again).

mergatroid

I used to be a dedicated vlog watcher-the Trackers, Adam The Woo, Justin Scarred, etc. I've found over the last couple of years that I've pretty much drifted away from all of them-not that I don't like them necessarily, but there have been other things I like to do/watch that have taken up my time. I love the 4K WDW videos-very relaxing and helps fill the void during trips (especially since we here in Canada have not been able to travel to the US for a year and a half, and not sure when we can again).
The thing with vlogs is you don't have to watch them all the time. I subscribe to a few and when the notification pops up I look at the title and decide whether I watch them or not. The ones I subscribe to, The Tim Tracker, Paging Mr Morrow, 4KWDW and DFBGuide all explain in the title what they're about.

Jrb1979

The thing with vlogs is you don't have to watch them all the time. I subscribe to a few and when the notification pops up I look at the title and decide whether I watch them or not. The ones I subscribe to, The Tim Tracker, Paging Mr Morrow, 4KWDW and DFBGuide all explain in the title what they're about.
The Tim Tracker is the only one of those I follow. The others I follow aren't Disney lovers. I follow Carpetbagger, Midway Mayhem and Coaster Studios. It's nice seeing other parks then the Mouse.

I used to follow the Trackers every time they had a new video but now I find myself skipping through a lot of their videos or not watching them at all. I do like Allears and some of dfb’s videos as well as some of The Leffersons. I used to watch more of Adamthewoo and Justinscarred but now I find them kind of annoying. I would recommend Cory Meets World’s live stream.

PaulZ

I’ll watch RTV1, Corey Meets World, Magical News Live, LBV TV. I don’t watch any of them all the time but these are the ones I generally watch. Well, until someone here says something about them I don’t know about and I feel dirty doing so. :D

ilovetotravel1977

I was going to say that Tim also promotes Universal and SeaWorld quite a bit too. Sometimes the perks can make or break what someone would deem worth it. If you got tons of free staycations throughout the year at some of the pricier resorts, that would be great! Didn't they go to Aulani, and other Disney locations?

mergatroid

I was going to say that Tim also promotes Universal and SeaWorld quite a bit too. Sometimes the perks can make or break what someone would deem worth it. If you got tons of free staycations throughout the year at some of the pricier resorts, that would be great! Didn't they go to Aulani, and other Disney locations?
In fairness to Tim, he now does always say whether he's paid for a park/hotel/cruise/meal or been comped. Whilst others won't necessarily agree, I think he's very honest with his reviews on stuff. I've seen him criticise things quite a few times despite some on here saying otherwise. He seems quite a positive kind of guy and I feel sometimes this is mistaken for sucking up to whoever comps him, whereas I think it's an honest opinion.

I mean he's not stupid, he's seen his financial situation sky rocket the last few years and he probably knows it's not down to his 'Tonight I cleaned the garage and ate Cheetos" vloggs. At the same time he also knows many view his park videos and as he's family friendly (at least now, wink, wink) in those, he knows people want to see him enjoy the parks rather than moan. So whilst I cringe at him going "Wahay, wooo, weeeeee" in a forced way on some rides, I think it's more to please his audience demographic than the owners of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom