Anyone dislike the volggers content?

castlecake2.0

Vlogging is their full time job...nothing to fall back into..They were former Disney College Cast Program members...which led into full time positions.
Right, a full time job with no health insurance, job security, retirement savings plan, guaranteed income etc etc. A risk I wouldn’t want to take. Not sure how long people are going to keep giving him free stuff.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Right, a full time job with no health insurance, job security, retirement savings plan, guaranteed income etc etc. A risk I wouldn’t want to take. Not sure how long people are going to keep giving him free stuff.

a risk for sure...

but if you are pulling $125,000 from outside Orlando and living in a condo in BVL...you should be able to have some cash to low risk gamble on stocks the same as some disgruntled dude that lives in a $600K house in Connecticut or New Jersey would 😉

rustincohle

As a UK based fan of Walt Disney World the vloggers provide that escapism but also connection with Disney. I have looked at different channels over time and settled on ResortTV1. What I liked initially was that they explore other parts of the resort, not just the parks themselves. These are areas which I would otherwise never have seen which could now potentially be somewhere I drop into the next time I visit.

Latterly I enjoy that the majority of their content is live so unedited and that they chat along with their followers whilst in the parks. I rarely watch their full streams but most weeks catch between 2 and 4 hours of a stream to get that Disney fix but also feel the sense of community.

I think any aggressive attempts to monetize through use of Disney is not ideal and I would not want to support any channel that was seeking handouts/donations.

At the end of the day if he vloggers enjoy it and the viewers enjoy it and Disney has no problem with it then what's the harm?
I'm similar. I really like putting on 4K WDW whilst I'm focusing on something else and just soaking up the atmosphere.

The_Jobu

Adam recently announced that he was making enough money to close his patreon.

I love following the reactions to vloggers. Sweatergate was an amazing experience.

I do enjoy some vloggers I must admit, like Mr. Morrow. Then again, my favourite vloggers are a family of Dogs from South Korea, so my likes are clearly suspect.

Dayma

I enjoy the vloggers. I wfh fully now, and it's nice to have them up on a separate screen, while I am coding on another. It's relaxing.

As with anything, there are some vloggers personalities I may not like and I simply dont watch. There are others that I love because they are just happy, and bring a sense of joy to the videos.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I kind of wonder, at what point is the market for Disney theme park vlogging saturated? Or are we already there and only a few manage to actually make a living doing it? With a few exceptions, most seem to be doing the exact same thing.

well Disney and it’s competitors don’t do enough to warrant the current rising level of blog saturation. Everyone does “review” videos...but then what after you cover that one new thing that opens every 3 years?

food and wine every year? Rating the cheddar cheese soup over the decades?

sadly...the only thing that changes that much...don’t laugh...are cupcakes.

Heppenheimer

well Disney and it’s competitors don’t do enough to warrant the current rising level of blog saturation. Everyone does “review” videos...but then what after you cover that one new thing that opens every 3 years?

food and wine every year? Rating the cheddar cheese soup over the decades?

sadly...the only thing that changes that much...don’t laugh...are cupcakes.
Then at least AJ at DFB has job security.

Figgy1

Premium Member
...manicures aren’t cheap
Preach GIF
Looking at her nails she has a gel manicure at least. Probably an overlay to prevent broken nails while on location. Not that I ever looked closely.

EeyoreFan#24

There’s no secret sauce that makes those benefits appear for a company, it’s just services they pay for. I’ll agree it’s usually better and more convenient to be part of group employer plans, but there is nothing stoping anyone from getting their own insurance, retirement account, or anything else. Just need to plan according if they have the money to do so.

Magenta Panther

Speaking of vloggers, I just watched a new video by SuperEnthused, who is no doubt a good person but so ootsie-pootsie-cutesie that she sometimes makes me want to barf - ANYWAY, she just rode the Mickey Railway ride and sat in the last train car. This meant that she couldn't see Goofy, thus did not know what was going on, but did get to see a very bad angle of Mickey and Minnie's flattened crappy-looking heads. The hell's wrong with you, TDO? Why are you so obliviously and irredeemably LAME? Didn't you consider the park guest while designing this attraction? Walt would kick your for such incompetence!

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Speaking of vloggers, I just watched a new video by SuperEnthused, who is no doubt a good person but so ootsie-pootsie-cutesie that she sometimes makes me want to barf - ANYWAY, she just rode the Mickey Railway ride and sat in the last train car. This meant that she couldn't see Goofy, thus did not know what was going on, but did get to see a very bad angle of Mickey and Minnie's flattened crappy-looking heads. The hell's wrong with you, TDO? Why are you so obliviously and irredeemably LAME? Didn't you consider the park guest while designing this attraction? Walt would kick your ***** for such incompetence!
She recently did some vlogs of different theme parks in England that were really cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom