Anyone dislike the volggers content?

FettFan

I used to love vloggers like the trackers, Adam the woo, etc but for a while now I’ve really started not to like them. I feel like it’s a food/family vlog. Anyone else feel this way?

ATW has changed a LOT since his time being banned from Disney. I'm glad he was able to get un-banned, but the experience really changed his videos. They're not nearly as daring, and I don't think he does any urban exploration anymore, which was always one of the big draws for me.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Curious how you know this. And do you mean miss six figures as 150k or 500k?

Last time I investigated this out of curiosity the general understanding was a vlogger gets roughly $2 per 1000 views. If Tracker is getting 3 million views a month that equals about $73,000 per year. Now take out YouTubes 45% cut and you have roughly $45,000. Now take 25% out for taxes and it comes down to about $30,000.

Even if my numbers are off by half that's still only $60,000. But I don't think they are.
You have to realize that they get paid for every video that is watched, each time it is watched. So someone who has been uploading for 10+ years makes money every time they gain a new follower who goes back and watches their older content. You are looking at what they make on new content, but a ton of older content over time makes more money than the current vlogs.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
So. If you go by what is listed on YT for the channel

1623610812179.png

That's $1,250,000 (assuming $3 per thousand). Looking at 12 years then ~$100,000 per year as an average. Obviously there is a ramp up and there are increasing views. So he's getting a lot more than $100k per year right now. So my guess is $150-$200k per year on views and probably some additional based on other revenue streams.

Also, I don't think they are filming every day. They probably film once, twice a week for several hours - edit over the course of the week and then upload daily (or frequently). So it's not like he has to get up every day and go to a park. The editing is probably a pain in *ss

Dan Deesnee

You have to realize that they get paid for every video that is watched, each time it is watched. So someone who has been uploading for 10+ years makes money every time they gain a new follower who goes back and watches their older content. You are looking at what they make on new content, but a ton of older content over time makes more money than the current vlogs.

That's actually not true in most cases. As I mentioned earlier the reason every one of these people begs you to subscribe for alerts is because the sooner you watch a new video, the more they get paid. What they get paid drops off relatively quickly, especially for stuff that is months/years old. This is sissy effected by if the old content is considered "evergreen" meanin it doesn't go out of date. Unfortunately Disney is constantly changing so I imagine a lot of the old content falls out of the evergreen category.

Also there is the whole COPPA thing which YouTube forced content creators to flag they're content as for kids or not for kids. Unless something has changed these Disney YouTubers are playing with fire in my opinion. Their videos would tick several of these boxes:

• You will be required to tell us if your content is made for kids. In addition, we'll use machine learning to help us identify videos that clearly target young audiences. At a high level, content that is made for kids has an emphasis on:
    • Children or children’s characters.
    • Popular children’s programming or animated characters.
    • Play-acting, or stories using children’s toys.
    • Child protagonists engaging in common natural play patterns such as play-acting and/or imaginative play.
    • Popular children’s songs, stories or poems.

Walter Elias Disney

Last time I investigated this out of curiosity the general understanding was a vlogger gets roughly $2 per 1000 views. If Tracker is getting 3 million views a month that equals about $73,000 per year. Now take out YouTubes 45% cut and you have roughly $45,000. Now take 25% out for taxes and it comes down to about $30,000.

Even if my numbers are off by half that's still only $60,000. But I don't think they are.
Vloggers receive donations from their followers---while they are live in the parks...people send them money during their live shows.

Last edited:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
That's actually not true in most cases. As I mentioned earlier the reason every one of these people begs you to subscribe for alerts is because the sooner you watch a new video, the more they get paid. What they get paid drops off relatively quickly, especially for stuff that is months/years old. This is sissy effected by if the old content is considered "evergreen" meanin it doesn't go out of date. Unfortunately Disney is constantly changing so I imagine a lot of the old content falls out of the evergreen category.

Also there is the whole COPPA thing which YouTube forced content creators to flag they're content as for kids or not for kids. Unless something has changed these Disney YouTubers are playing with fire in my opinion. Their videos would tick several of these boxes:

• You will be required to tell us if your content is made for kids. In addition, we'll use machine learning to help us identify videos that clearly target young audiences. At a high level, content that is made for kids has an emphasis on:
    • Children or children’s characters.
    • Popular children’s programming or animated characters.
    • Play-acting, or stories using children’s toys.
    • Child protagonists engaging in common natural play patterns such as play-acting and/or imaginative play.
    • Popular children’s songs, stories or poems.
It is true in the case of most bigger Vloggers. Both the Trackers and Adam the Woo have talked about it in Videos. Adam talked about it recently both when he bought the place in Celebration and when he bought into DVC.

Walter Elias Disney

Jo Jo and Kyle both quit their full time jobs with Disney...Kyle was immediately employed once the parks opened and decided to quit in order to vlog full time. JoJo was recalled, but decided to go this route instead- they were placing him in a role, but possibly not the one he wanted right away...JoJo was friends with a face character and fur characters throughout the parks prior to cover and a custodial cast member at HS.. They are both great guys but are living off the people...They are on a cruise now, going to Paris Disneyland soon..Almost every week Kyle and JoJo are provided with a FREE DVC room somewhere in the resort...many times DVC families will take them to eat at a restaurant on property as well.. Kyle and JoJo get money for vlog views and donations--money during their live sessions and pretty hefty gift cards that are sent to them through their vlogs...Not a bad gig...

wdwfan22

What amazing me is the number of idiots that will send these pan handlers gift cards/gifts. Are people really that desperate for friends? I love that they call them self content creators but filming your day in a theme park isn't creating content. To each their own I guess, but I don't watch any of them. I look on here for news for 15 20 minutes and that's a wrap. I don't spend my downtime watching someone hangout in a theme park.

Walter Elias Disney

That's not how write offs work. They can deduct 10k in income per year as write offs.

YouTube also takes 45%. So by your numbers they're making about 145k pre YouTube cut, or $80,000. Then taxes of around 30% takes that down to $56,000.

Even at $1,250 per day, after YouTubes cut, taxes, etc they're probably pulling in 125k-160k which really isn't that much. I can't even imagine living my life in front of a camera filming 5 days a week, day and night and on the computer editing videos. But to each their own.

Speaking more generally, remember that one of the draws that vloggers and other social media personalities use is the perception that they're living the high life
More than what a college student might make after they leave the College Program..

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
What amazing me is the number of idiots that will send these pan handlers gift cards/gifts. Are people really that desperate for friends? I love that they call them self content creators but filming your day in a theme park isn't creating content. To each their own I guess, but I don't watch any of them. I look on here for news for 15 20 minutes and that's a wrap. I don't spend my downtime watching someone hangout in a theme park.
Different strokes for different folks. When were down at WDW after Christmas, California Vloggers Best Life and Beyond, stayed somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks on donated DVC points. I think some people didn't feel safe traveling and wanted to live vicariously through them. Others may have had points expiring and couldn't get away. Either way that is a lot of DVC points!!

wdwfan22

Different strokes for different folks. When were down at WDW after Christmas, California Vloggers Best Life and Beyond, stayed somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks on donated DVC points. I think some people didn't feel safe traveling and wanted to live vicariously through them. Others may have had points expiring and couldn't get away. Either way that is a lot of DVC points!!
It's a free county and people are free to do whatever they like. I personally would never give my vacation points away, especially to a vlogger. To me those people are idiots.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

They're today's form of a celebrity. I know plenty of people including myself who have written to actors.... There's nothing wrong with that. Hey at least most of the time the vlogger actually gets the cards vs a big actor who has "people". I wrote to Deidre Hall (Marlena on Days Of Our Lives) back in 5th grade as part of a school assignment. I'm sure she never saw it. But if I were to send a card to Tim they would personally look at it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It's a free county and people are free to do whatever they like. I personally would never give my vacation points away, especially to a vlogger. To me those people are idiots.

Tim and Jenn just did this but they PURCHASED the points off of friends from the UK that were not going to be able to use them.
Like you said people can give points away if they want to be at least there are some vloggers who actually pay for something especially knowing that they will make the money back in views.

castlecake2.0

Jo Jo and Kyle both quit their full time jobs with Disney...Kyle was immediately employed once the parks opened and decided to quit in order to vlog full time. JoJo was recalled, but decided to go this route instead- they were placing him in a role, but possibly not the one he wanted right away...JoJo was friends with a face character and fur characters throughout the parks prior to cover and a custodial cast member at HS.. They are both great guys but are living off the people...They are on a cruise now, going to Paris Disneyland soon..Almost every week Kyle and JoJo are provided with a FREE DVC room somewhere in the resort...many times DVC families will take them to eat at a restaurant on property as well.. Kyle and JoJo get money for vlog views and donations--money during their live sessions and pretty hefty gift cards that are sent to them through their vlogs...Not a bad gig...
It seems like a good gig, I just wonder what happens if the climate changes and people are no longer into watching them/giving them free stuff. Do they have a traditional “real” job to fall back on? Or in 5-10 years will reality kick in and all of a sudden they realize their resume is “YouTube” and no real work experience? I just get weary when people seem to be living the life when it looks like it’s not very sustainable.

castlecake2.0

Agreed. You’re not a content creator, you purchased a ticket to enter a park full of content that was already created. It’s almost like pirating a movie and calling yourself a director.

mergatroid

They're today's form of a celebrity. I know plenty of people including myself who have written to actors.... There's nothing wrong with that. Hey at least most of the time the vlogger actually gets the cards vs a big actor who has "people". I wrote to Deidre Hall (Marlena on Days Of Our Lives) back in 5th grade as part of a school assignment. I'm sure she never saw it. But if I were to send a card to Tim they would personally look at it.
That's very true, I sent this to Tom Hanks and to this day I've had no reply?

1623618609500.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They're looking for commercial filming like movies, commercials, etc with this.

Vloggers generate interest in Disney and could likely claim to be educational content if Disney ever came after them. Which they'd never do as they love the free advertising for every single new restaurant, burger, cookie, store, tour, cupcake, ride, smell, gift shop, pin...
So long as you toe the line.

PS send me money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom