Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Goofyernmost

I can tolerate most of the vloggers, except one. I don't remember his name nor would I say it if I did know, but he looks to be somewhere around 12 years old, has a high pitched, loud voice that grates on my last nerve. He also come across that he feels he is more knowledgeable then anyone else is or ever has been. Tells supposed news like it is a done deal and shouldn't be doubted. Who knows maybe he does have an inside, inside connection, (He may be Iger's kid for all I know) He might be legit but I cannot get past his voice or demeanor.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
My favorites used to be the news-based blogs/vlogs, as I enjoyed learning about all of the new offerings, and they really can help you plan your next trip (and get excited about it).

The problem I've had recently is that many have taken on a sort of jaded, snarky attitude much of the time. I understand if you're going to the parks every day or week and talking about nothing but Disney for your job, you won't be 100% happy and excited all of the time. But from a listener point of view, most of us are hoping for a positive spin and mindset, even when there are critiques to be made.

This is one of the reasons I still love Disney Food Blog. Their content is very informative and has a happy - even magical - vibe. And they maintain that personality even when pointing out things like price increases, removal of offerings, etc. They are the gold standard for third-party Disney content, in my opinion.
You're essentially saying that you just want to be lied to.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
My favorites used to be the news-based blogs/vlogs, as I enjoyed learning about all of the new offerings, and they really can help you plan your next trip (and get excited about it).

The problem I've had recently is that many have taken on a sort of jaded, snarky attitude much of the time. I understand if you're going to the parks every day or week and talking about nothing but Disney for your job, you won't be 100% happy and excited all of the time. But from a listener point of view, most of us are hoping for a positive spin and mindset, even when there are critiques to be made.

This is one of the reasons I still love Disney Food Blog. Their content is very informative and has a happy - even magical - vibe. And they maintain that personality even when pointing out things like price increases, removal of offerings, etc. They are the gold standard for third-party Disney content, in my opinion.

Disney has been making too many questionable moves for vloggers not to criticize them. mickeyviews is my go to because the guy is pretty honest without being brutally negative.

Other vloggers seem to be too chicken poop to say anything even remotely negative of Disney.

PSM

Disney has been making too many questionable moves for vloggers not to criticize them. mickeyviews is my go to because the guy is pretty honest without being brutally negative.

Other vloggers seem to be too chicken poop to say anything even remotely negative of Disney.
I don't find that to be true at all. I watch and listen to a ton of them. Not all of them are negative and cynical, but quite a few of them are these days.

Your comments on Mickey Views are exactly what I was talking about and why I like him, along with DFB and also WDW Opinion; I find all three can discuss negative changes and offer valid, honest criticism without being harsh or overly negative. I get enough negativity with the actual world news these days...

PSM

That's not what I said at all. Presentation and delivery vary greatly. I just listed three in the above post that all criticize Disney with valid points of view, but none of them do so while coming across as snarky or jaded. There is a difference.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

MickeyViews regurgitates info from this website and dis Twitter and claims "inside sources". And in all fairness, the average family traveling to Disney World has no clue about new happenings at WDW and the info here could technical be considered "inside"

He has a great Channel and clearly puts a lot of effort into it. I applaud his efforts and support his endeavors.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
That's not what I said at all. Presentation and delivery vary greatly. I just listed three in the above post that all criticize Disney with valid points of view, but none of them do so while coming across as snarky or jaded. There is a difference.
Tell me you want to be lied to without telling me you want to be lied to.

Sir_Cliff

MickeyViews regurgitates info from this website and dis Twitter and claims "inside sources". And in all fairness, the average family traveling to Disney World has no clue about new happenings at WDW and the info here could technical be considered "inside"

He has a great Channel and clearly puts a lot of effort into it. I applaud his efforts and support his endeavors.
I haven't watched many of his videos, but the few I've seen stand out from most of the others I've seen in that he actually knows something about the parks and puts some effort into the production of his videos. Don't know why he had to be so weird on these boards, though.

At any rate, MickeyViews is a world away from most of the vloggers who seem to know less than I do about what's going on at WDW just from reading these boards, let alone having much of a clue about the history of the place. I don't begrudge anyone making a living however they can, but I have wondered a little bit how people like Jojo, Kyle Pallo, etc. can consider this their job when they just sort of show up with no preparation and act clueless about what's going on around them.

PSM

Lucky for me, I can form my own opinions on facts being reported, regardless of how they're presented, and even...[gasp]...do some more digging when appropriate. Since we're basically getting all of the same facts from the various Disney sources these days, I get to choose which personalities and channels I prefer to deliver those facts and any accompanying opinions; the facts are part of staying informed, the opinions are a form of entertainment.

I'm sorry you apparently don't have the ability to distinguish between them. 🤷‍♂️

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I can tolerate most of the vloggers, except one. I don't remember his name nor would I say it if I did know, but he looks to be somewhere around 12 years old, has a high pitched, loud voice that grates on my last nerve. He also come across that he feels he is more knowledgeable then anyone else is or ever has been. Tells supposed news like it is a done deal and shouldn't be doubted. Who knows maybe he does have an inside, inside connection, (He may be Iger's kid for all I know) He might be legit but I cannot get past his voice or demeanor.

I believe that would be Brayden and MickeyViews. He hangs out here.

Goofyernmost

A person cannot be lied too, unless they want to stop using their brains to figure out logic. The vloggers and not always lying, they just have to be careful concerning what they say negatively. Yes, Disney is giving them all kinds of perks to sell the place for them. It is simply Disney's way of advertising to reach that particular target audience. As far as that goes how much of actual advertising is a reality. Especially when the advertisement is for a fantasy theme park. It is all smoke and mirrors. One only has to look at the vlogs and use their own common sense to decide how much is real in any media and how much is so much BS. However, it is no more honest to say that everything is a lie than to say that none of it is a lie. We just need to keep our eyes open and our brain working on more then two cells.

Giss Neric

I know exactly who that is. To be honest, I don't really consider him a vlogger. He's mostly just reporting stuff he gets from his "insiders"

Walter Elias Disney

I haven't watched many of his videos, but the few I've seen stand out from most of the others I've seen in that he actually knows something about the parks and puts some effort into the production of his videos. Don't know why he had to be so weird on these boards, though.

At any rate, MickeyViews is a world away from most of the vloggers who seem to know less than I do about what's going on at WDW just from reading these boards, let alone having much of a clue about the history of the place. I don't begrudge anyone making a living however they can, but I have wondered a little bit how people like Jojo, Kyle Pallo, etc. can consider this their job when they just sort of show up with no preparation and act clueless about what's going on around them.
Jojo and Kyle Pallo feel they are celebrities in the parks. People rushing up for photos...Why can't we have character meet and greets if the vloggers are getting in the action? LOL

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

Brandon, I think is his name, does MickeyViews. That kid is Mr. Sunshine. He does put a good bit of effort into it.

I think he's in the category of "gushing" and sometimes "hushed criticism".

I mentioned it before but I sort of wonder how many Disney Vloggers we really need. I think the problem is that YouTube has made doing this sort of thing very accessible and, at the same time, everyone thinks, "Oh, I could make money (YouTube) visiting Disney World! AWESOME!!" - and there's no reality check of, "Not everyone can make money doing this." Still, even outside of Disney, there seems to be a large part of the populations that thinks, "I can be a YouTube star!" - and there's no basis in reality of, "People are only going to watch so many videos - what sets you apart?"

I think Disney has that problem with so many vloggers. Since anyone can do it, there's a very large group of people doing it, and, in reality, that "viewers pie" can only be split so many ways before you run out of viewers. I sometimes (jokingly) wonder if the future holds only vloggers at the parks and everyone else "experiences" the parks through the vloggers.

Going back to "everything is positive": Disney is a bit like this with the "inside" shows that they produce. I recently watch the "Behind the Attractions" and thought, "This is a bunch of sugar with very little substance - there's really not much to these that your average Disney fan wouldn't already know AND this is produced for those Disney fans." Of course, Disney has a history of this. How many times can you see the same video of the guy who invented the ride mechanism for Soarin' out of an Erector Set? (though I don't think that's one of the "behind the rides" episodes).

Ayla

I find DFB to be saccharine and fake, not to mention the TONS of ads that clog their page. Their blog is unreadable because of ads.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Lucky for me, I can form my own opinions on facts being reported, regardless of how they're presented, and even...[gasp]...do some more digging when appropriate. Since we're basically getting all of the same facts from the various Disney sources these days, I get to choose which personalities and channels I prefer to deliver those facts and any accompanying opinions; the facts are part of staying informed, the opinions are a form of entertainment.

I'm sorry you apparently don't have the ability to distinguish between them. 🤷‍♂️
Settle down, Tiger. I was only joking. I was quoting the popular meme.

Goofyernmost

Settle down, Tiger. I was only joking. I was quoting the popular meme.
Quotations need to be identified by quotation marks otherwise it feels like a direct statement aimed at one person. all quotations need to be identified as to the place it came from as well. I don't think that is totally necessary on our type of board, but at least recognized as a quote not a statement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom