Anyone dislike the volggers content?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I only starting watching Youtube a couple of years ago and I watched vloggers quite regularly before realising they are quite selfish people. They are basically narcissists who post endless boring videos that rub our noses in how fortunate they are to be able to go so often and then complain when they couldn't go because of Covid.
I just found out Tim Tracker has been given the cold shoulder by Disney and for good reason, he and his partner have posted some horrible videos in the past that they never removed and their views on things are nasty.
Personally I think Disney should stop their involvement with vloggers, giving them freebies etc. I'm wholeheartedly fed up with going to the parks and my privacy invaded by people live streaming and expecting everyone to get out of their way or doing stuff and going into places they are not supposed to just to get content for their channels or social media accounts. The whole atmosphere has changed since social media arrived, lots of people who would have never gone to Disney now go simply to create social media content and they are so entitled too.
I'm not saying I don't take photos or videos, but, they are my personal memories. I'm not on social media, I like my privacy too much.

.... and they have already started to invite him back to things already which clearly shows that they have no problem with vloggers.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I only starting watching Youtube a couple of years ago and I watched vloggers quite regularly before realising they are quite selfish people. They are basically narcissists who post endless boring videos that rub our noses in how fortunate they are to be able to go so often and then complain when they couldn't go because of Covid.
I just found out Tim Tracker has been given the cold shoulder by Disney and for good reason, he and his partner have posted some horrible videos in the past that they never removed and their views on things are nasty.
Personally I think Disney should stop their involvement with vloggers, giving them freebies etc. I'm wholeheartedly fed up with going to the parks and my privacy invaded by people live streaming and expecting everyone to get out of their way or doing stuff and going into places they are not supposed to just to get content for their channels or social media accounts. The whole atmosphere has changed since social media arrived, lots of people who would have never gone to Disney now go simply to create social media content and they are so entitled too.
I'm not saying I don't take photos or videos, but, they are my personal memories. I'm not on social media, I like my privacy too much.
Drawing Motivation GIF

Dear Prudence

I agree with all of this. It's the endless exhausting narcissistic entitlement.

I will say that MagicJourneys is the one exception, rather than the rule. They're just really lovely people who love food. They're both former cast members, so they are respectful of the cast members and guests at the parks. There isn't an air of pretension from either of them.

Last edited:

Raineman

I've said it before and I'll say it again. What the hell is the problem with them bringing their young, practically, a baby, son, with them while they work. This is their livelihood and it is no ones business but their own whether or not they bring him along. I would have killed as a young child to go to places like Disney. It's hardly child abuse. I just cannot wrap my brain around what is upsetting about that. Wouldn't you bring your child to WDW? If not why not? If they are right there with their child, what harm are you thinking will come to him. Wouldn't it be easier for harm to come to him if they weren't together. Very few or their vlogs are real time. They might have been there a week ago for all you know. You don't know where they are now, just were they have been.

I really don't watch very many vlogs, just randomly on You Tube, but I never found them offensive in anyway. They always seemed honest in their opinions and for heavens sake if you are going to be upset try and find something legitimate to be upset about. This one is bogus.
Bogus? If you knew the details surrounding this, you wouldn't be saying that. It's fine if they bring their child with them, millions of people do-but if they have him on camera when there have been violent, public threats against him, then that is extremely irresponsible. And, they regularly tell their viewers their plans and where they are going to be and when, so it would not be too hard to track them down. We all know what toddlers are like-turn your back for 30 seconds and they are gone, and if you add a sick stalker to the mix, that will end in nothing but tragedy. And, if you had watched these two in the past, they repeatedly tell their viewers that they are not going to do this, or not going to get that, or not going to go to this place-and then turn around and do the exact opposite of what they said. That's not honest at all, that's hypocritical.

A poster a few posts up claims people are leaving harmful threats in the comments, which I can believe because, again, people take YouTube way too seriously.
I actually saw a couple of the comments, and screenshots of some other ones. They were disgusting and scary. The person(s) doing this may just be trolling, but they might actually be serious. I wouldn't want to take that chance if I were that child's parents.

People these days seem to take everything to seriously, except their stupid desire to stick their noses in everyone else's business.
If you put your "business" out there publicly for literally millions of people to see, then no one is "sticking their noses" in it. And, when a child is publicly threatened, you're dang right people should take it seriously. But, I'm done explaining myself on this topic; I just hope that the kid is never in any harm because of the actions, or non-actions, of his parents.

Chip Chipperson

Bogus? If you knew the details surrounding this, you wouldn't be saying that. It's fine if they bring their child with them, millions of people do-but if they have him on camera when there have been violent, public threats against him, then that is extremely irresponsible. And, they regularly tell their viewers their plans and where they are going to be and when, so it would not be too hard to track them down. We all know what toddlers are like-turn your back for 30 seconds and they are gone, and if you add a sick stalker to the mix, that will end in nothing but tragedy. And, if you had watched these two in the past, they repeatedly tell their viewers that they are not going to do this, or not going to get that, or not going to go to this place-and then turn around and do the exact opposite of what they said. That's not honest at all, that's hypocritical.

I actually saw a couple of the comments, and screenshots of some other ones. They were disgusting and scary. The person(s) doing this may just be trolling, but they might actually be serious. I wouldn't want to take that chance if I were that child's parents.

If you put your "business" out there publicly for literally millions of people to see, then no one is "sticking their noses" in it. And, when a child is publicly threatened, you're dang right people should take it seriously. But, I'm done explaining myself on this topic; I just hope that the kid is never in any harm because of the actions, or non-actions, of his parents.

Have you reported any of the threats to law enforcement? You seem to be assuming that the Trackers haven't reported them and you seem upset by them, so maybe you should report the threats yourself.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Some of them just seem like bratty Disney snobs, don’t get me started on the Disneyland bloggers, not all but there’s some I just can’t stand especially when they respond to the live comments, it’s like why bother answering. Your in a land of make believe for crying out loud.

DisneyJoe

And, they regularly tell their viewers their plans and where they are going to be and when, so it would not be too hard to track them down.
I have NEVER seen them tell their plans in advance to the extent where you could be there waiting for them when they show up and know that they would be with there with their child. For someone who never watches them, you are putting far too much faith in that other board and what they say there.

Goofyernmost

The freaking family is threatened so lets stop pretending that any harm will come to him anymore than if he never was on camera. You just have some type of obsession about the idea that they have a living that allows them to stay together as a family. So what you are basically saying is that if the public is so damn sick that they will do harm to an innocent child because their parents spend too much time in theme parks it is their fault and not the fault of the idiots that are making threats over something as trivial as their vlog.

You are reaching for some reason why we should be irate because of some imagined danger that you have conjured up as a protest against their lifestyle. Hey, I am jealous too. I'd have loved to spend my life earning my living doing the things that they do. So maybe I should be angry because I was stuck in a job where I couldn't spend any time with my family, so I'm going to get upset because he wears ugly shirts or some other made up problem. So as I said, the whole concept is totally bogus. There I said it again. They can be critical of the content and or makeup of their vlogs, however, once you decide that it is fair game to criticize them for their personal choice to bring their child with them, then you have ventured way, way past anything that is your or anybody else's business.

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

I have NEVER seen them tell their plans in advance to the extent where you could be there waiting for them when they show up and know that they would be with there with their child. For someone who never watches them, you are putting far too much faith in that other board and what they say there.

Not only do they not tell viewers when and where they'll be at any given time, they wait until they return from their trips to post videos of them - so if they go on vacation then you won't know where they were or when they were there until after they get back. At most, viewers will know ahead of a trip that they have some sort of trip coming up at some unannounced date in the future. The only time I've ever seen them do any sort of live stream while on vacation was while staying at a WDW resort - and that was on the last day of their trip last summer when the resorts were as empty as they've ever been. And when they say, "We'll be at the opening of Halloween Horror Nights," for example, it's Tim going alone while Jen and the kid are in a resort room (and even then, they don't say, "And we'll be spending 2 nights at Portofino Bay so feel free to harm my family while I'm out filming the haunted houses!).

Brad Bishop

I was just thinking about this the other day.

The whole Vlogging for Disney thing is a bit goofy on a few different levels.

First, let me say, for any of the vloggers reading this: Do what you want/love to do. Don't let me stop you by writing this.

With that out of the way:

The Disney vloggers love Disney, which makes complete sense. They, essentially, do a good bit of the advertising for Disney at their expense with, if they're lucky, some money from YouTube for the views. Popular vloggers are allowed certain access to Disney (free advertising) as long as they "stay in line".

As such, you end up with a lot of weird, disingenuous videos about the parks and Disney, in general. Most of the time, no matter what Disney does, you get someone creaming about how great something Disney doing is! Once in a while you get a very hushed, "I'm not so keen on that thing that Disney is going" but it's pretty rare, understandably, because they want "access".

If you're any sort of a Disney fan, it's unlikely you're learning much from most of these videos. You get interesting trivial bits from the videos but, again, you probably knew it. For new things you usually have already read about them here and the vlogs are a "soft touch" (if anything) version of that if it's not gushing about how great something is.

There are all rides we're each no so fond of. Watch a vlog and try to find them even mention a ride they're not fond of.

Disney used to have a "Behind the Magic" show on the Disney Channel back in the 1990s. It was pretty great. Now we get a sort of cheap version of that from vloggers. Basically, these guys are spending their own money and time to produce (advertising) content for Disney. "Look at the new dessert offering from such-n-such on Main Street!" <- DISNEY should be doing that. In addition, the vlogger will always tell you, "It's fantastic!"

It's also interesting at how many people are doing it. Do we really need 4 dozen takes on the same subject when it's all basically the same - the vlogger gushing about how great <whatever> is at Disney?

Of the vlogs I like:
- WDW New Today - I think Tom is brings it back down to Earth, most of the time / seems reasonable
- DIS Unplugged - They're a bit more gushy but still down to Earth.

The rest? It's all pretty gushy. Every report is: Look at how awesome this thing is!

Dear Prudence

To add to your point, Brad, I don't know why vloggers or YouTubers, or anyone would go out of their way to read things about themselves and be upset by it unless they see something true in there they don't like? (I am sure that seeing outright lies would also be harmful and annoying.) But once you put yourself out there, there's going to be people who don't like you or don't like your stuff. A lot of professional musicians don't read reviews, positive or negative. A lot of Instagram accounts turn off the comment sections. Do what you gotta do. But if you go looking for trouble, you're going to find it! It's that simple!

CSJORDAN

I do love quite a few vloggers (Super Enthused, Mr. Morrow, WDW Couple, DFB, Dis Unplugged, etc.). I can still enjoy their vlogs while acknowledging that they can be skewed in their views (at least, what we see) based on the things that Disney does for them/invites them to etc.

Most interesting has been the reaction to the (what many have considered subpar) 50th anniversary. Though the response to merchandise, food, the new restaurants, have been positive from almost all vloggers, the new firework shows and the general "celebration" have seen mixed reviews, even by those who have been all in for Disney for quite some time. Personally, as a lifelong Disney fan, I appreciate when people can answer honestly, so I feel like I am going through a bit of an awakening with vloggers who are/are not upfront about their views.

Giss Neric

I feel like most theme park vloggers are having this dilemma about honesty. Honesty can go both ways, either good or bad. I feel like a lot of them choose to be neutral. When they like something that majority hates, people will call them sellouts or kissing Disney's behind. What they usually end up doing is give a good review but finds something negative about it just to please their viewers. When viewers don't have the same sentiments as the one they are watching, that will result in video dislikes and losing subscribers.

WishIWasRetired

I feel like most theme park vloggers are having this dilemma about honesty. Honesty can go both ways, either good or bad. I feel like a lot of them choose to be neutral. When they like something that majority hates, people will call them sellouts or kissing Disney's behind. What they usually end up doing is give a good review but finds something negative about it just to please their viewers. When viewers don't have the same sentiments as the one they are watching, that will result in video dislikes and losing subscribers.
I agree as long as they are getting Disney perks and making money off google AdSense I don't think they will be giving you an honest opinion.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
If you think popular park vloggers such as The Trackers, Super Enthused, Morrow, etc can be a tad to mAgiKaL, then yall should seriously watch some of the mommy vloggers. It's next level Disney as$ kissing.

If you really like to punish yourself then listen to some of the Disney podcasts created by the less popular websites/fans. There are many and boy oh boy are they frustratingly entertaining.

Goofyernmost

Well, what the content is of their opinions, why does that matter? They have to display a lot of truth but they also have to be political in the sense that if the tick off Disney they, and therefore we, will not get to see a lot of the more interesting events and places. It's just a fact, they won't last long bad mouthing Disney. Other then a couple of Disney discussion boards that is the limit of my obsession. I do not follow any vlogs. The ones I do see are ones that I just happen upon in You Tube. What they do is show you stuff, you can't touch or smell or feel it, but you can see it. Many times they have pointed out things that looked interesting and I didn't even know it existed. I make a note of the thing itself and not what is being said about it in any serious way. It looks interesting so I will check it out the next time I am there.

I never draw my opinion from them because I know what gain they receive by walking that tight rope that allows them to have such extensive exposure to the place. I feel that all we have to do is observe, listen with a grain of salt, and if it seem worthy we go there and make up our own mind about it, on our own. I certainly hope that no one really takes what they say as gospel. Plus, what the heck, if we are bored, which I am often, it is better than anything on TV for an entertainment factor.

PSM

My favorites used to be the news-based blogs/vlogs, as I enjoyed learning about all of the new offerings, and they really can help you plan your next trip (and get excited about it).

The problem I've had recently is that many have taken on a sort of jaded, snarky attitude much of the time. I understand if you're going to the parks every day or week and talking about nothing but Disney for your job, you won't be 100% happy and excited all of the time. But from a listener point of view, most of us are hoping for a positive spin and mindset, even when there are critiques to be made.

This is one of the reasons I still love Disney Food Blog. Their content is very informative and has a happy - even magical - vibe. And they maintain that personality even when pointing out things like price increases, removal of offerings, etc. They are the gold standard for third-party Disney content, in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom