Anyone been to the Aulani Resort?

COrunner

Original Poster
A little background. 2 years ago Mrs. COrunner and our daughter got the chance to go with her parents and relatives to Hawaii, went and had a blast and being the fans we are forced her mom to run them by the Aulani one afternoon just to check it out.

She said it was amazing and would like to plan a trip there and mentioned it to her mother and my mother and they are on board with something late 2015 or early 2016.

The questions I've got having never been/seen the resort outside of photos:

-Anyone done the rooms or villas? To save money we will probably split some bedrooms/villas and just want to know if there was enough room for multiple families.

-Is it a resort with the Disney name or is it a Disney resort? I like Disney because the price you pay is the price you pay, you get a lot but they don't tack on 'resort fees', dining fees, etc. I've had some friends who have done nicer hotels in Hawaii and that whatever price your quoted you can usually tack on $100 a day+ because of the hidden extras.

From everything I've seen it looks like an amazing hotel so I think it would be a great trip to make, even if there isn't a park attached.

StarWarsGirl

I have been there twice. Done the villas both times. My parents actually bought in there so that we can go every few years.

A two bedroom should be enough for two families of four. They have 2 1/2 baths, a king size bed in the master bedroom, two queens in the second bedroom, and a sofa bed (which is actually quite comfortable). A one bedroom sleeps five. It has a pull out bed that will work for an adult. I don't know much about the hotel rooms, but having a one or two bedroom villa is nice so that you've got the kitchen. There aren't many dining options nearby, so a kitchen is nice so that you can go to the local grocery store and buy what you need.

Yes it is a Disney resort, complete with Disney characters (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale, and Stitch). It has that special Disney feel.

I'm with your family, go. No one goes to Aulani and doesn't like it (unless you happen to go during a hurricane that is). If you have any other questions, please let me know. You can also check out @brifraz 's trip report. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom