Anyone been to Hershey Park?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
I decided this week that I really want to go to Hershey Park this summer. I have lived so close all my life and never managed to find my way there. I've begun to plan my trip but I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips. Must do attractions? Things to not waste time on? I know it is far from being Disney World, but I enjoy going to all kinds of theme parks.

artvandelay

Went there two years ago. The factory tour is a lot of fun, and near the entrance to the park. Some good coasters and flumes. The park layout is very confusing, even with the map.

tigsmom

We used to go all the time when the kids were small ( I went as a child too :lookaroun ). There are a lot of coasters and that's one thing they don't care for so we haven't been back in awhile. They have a water park called The Boardwalk (again, something they don't like), but they have always loved Zoo America. The Factory Tour is a must (though you no longer go thru the real factory [ it's a mock up in a separate building] it's a lot of fun and you get your free candy too. :slurp:

Hit their website, they have packages available, we always stayed at the Lodge & Convention Center (great indoor/outdoor pool) and used their transportation. Check out the concert series and the late day entry tickets too.

Number_6

Never been. I'd like to go, but my daughter has a dairy allergy so going someplace themed around chocolate would seem a little mean. Wouldn't mind checking out Zoo America out that way, though. But since we're going to Cleveland on Father's Day weekend partly to go to the Cleveland Metropark Zoo, which is huge, it wouldn't be enough to get us out to Hersey, PA.

TTATraveler

I haven't been there in years, probably 10+, but I remember it being nicer then Great Adventure. The chocolate tour ride is omnimover based if I am not mistaken and I remember getting free chocolate bars at the exit. I never went to ZooAmerica and there was no water park when I last went.

Disneyson 1

- Although cheesy, I LOVE the tour. It's a thousand times better than LwtL (hmm... veggies vs. CHOCOLATE? No contest.) and there's free chocolate. The best part: You can go on as your first ride, your last ride, and any combination in between BECAUSE IT'S FREE!!!!!! The cows will find their way into your hearts and the ending is GREAT! They used to have the lame LwtL "picture ending", but the ante was upped with new giant screens. Go just for that.

-The Really Big 3-D Show (you pay extra: it's worth it!) starts out with a pre-show of the history of Hershey, serving as an introduction to a 3-hour lecture on the history of chocolate. The show is soon interrupted by a big city manager who's blinded by money and misses the true meaning of chocolate (yes; it's a cheese as it sounds). What follows is a musical-adventure-drama-action romp that'll stay with you! Really, it's SOOO fun.

Chocolate Tour and The Really BIG 3D Show (not to mention the trolly tour and the gigantic store) are only accessible from outside the park, so you can make a day out of this and another one of Hershey's many attractions, like the Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Museum. I heard they also had golfing and other stuff on property.

The park is nice. It has a very well done interactive dark ride based on the timeless battle between chocolate and peanut butter (The battle ground? An extreme sports competition, of course!) as well as several fantastic coasters (I think 11. My fav.? Try Thunder N' Lightning, the dueling wooden coaster.) There's also a GIANT waterpark section included in the park, so bring your bathing suit (the best ride here's the Roller Soaker, an INTERACTIVE roller coaster in which you get drenched with gallons of [warm!] water from fountains, waterfalls, and nefarious park-goers that squirt you with water guns and dreaded water bombs. You can fight back with the water gallon in your hanging cart, dropping the load at the push of a button!).

Conceivably, you could do the whole place in 2-3 days considering you'll go in the Chocolate Tour a gagillion times (this includes the gardens and the museum). Have LOTS of fun and remember to send me a Kiss! (ha.ha.very funny.)

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
Thanks for the comments. I am excited to the coasters and water park part because I really enjoy both. Oh...and the idea of being surrounded by chocolate related things makes me all tingly. :lol: :slurp:

DABIGCHEEZ

We have gone the last 4 or 5 years but I don't think we will make it there this summer...maybe in the fall. Anyway .... it is a very nice and neat park. The have a bunch of rollercoasters all of which are great. My personal favorites are Stormrunner and lightning racer. The Superdooperlooper(I think the 1st LOOPING COATER) and Comet (Wooden caoster are classics. The ZooAmerica is a nice shaded/AC buildings break from a hot day.... but as its name says only has North American animals. Many kiddie rides spread throughout different sections of the park, so the younger bunch has rides while the older ones hit the coasters in the same area.
The waterpark area has a HUGE waterplay area with slide,fountains and tipping bucket, etc. They also have 4 additional slide seperate from the play area. There is a kidie wave pool and a flowrider attraction as well. This year they were adding in a Regular wave pool as well as a lazy river(which takes the place of their River rapid ride that was very good)
The Reeses cup challenge is similar to Buzz Lightyear where the riders soot various targets for points. It may be similar but sadly it isn't even close on the fun scale.
As a tip...you were allowed a "preview" on the night before your full day visit from i think 7pm til close. Also the Chocolate world tour/3Dshow/ trolley are also very enjoyable.

EDIT: Sorry for the spelling..... I am half asleep!!!

TiggerBW

I too like Hershey better than great adventure. Really like chocolate world (tour and all). I went to college out that way. Haven't been in a few years, and when i was there last I only did the tour because the park was closed. so i'm sorry i'm not more helpful! You'll love it though! It's the sweetest place on earth! :)

ann0d

Go there ALL the time, we live very close. It is a nice clean park, with major expansions in the water park area the past couple of years! Very nice park! Can't beat anything in the area!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom