Anyone, anyone??

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Yes and it's really frustrating because they come up over the reply box, so when you press the "post reply" button, you actually press the ad, and get taken to a pop up window selling hot sauce instead of making a contributing post 😂😂

Songbird76

I have the banner across the bottom, but there is an X in the upper right corner of the banner. You have to click it away each time you go to a new page, because it pops up every time, but once you click it away, it's gone until you go to the next page of posts. Then you can use the buttons.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I have the banner across the bottom, but there is an X in the upper right corner of the banner. You have to click it away each time you go to a new page, because it pops up every time, but once you click it away, it's gone until you go to the next page of posts. Then you can use the buttons.

When I click it, another one comes up within thirty seconds. The ones that stay a banner at the bottom aren't bad. But the video ones grow and take up half the screen and move around a bit. They're pretty unavoidable.

The hot sauce one gets me because most of the ad is clear, so you think you're clicking on the forum but you're really clicking on the clear part of the ad 😂😂

I'm not really complaining though. Just trying to help.

Heppenheimer

I keep getting an ad for Purina cat food that makes browsing sometimes very difficult. I only see it on my phone.

Why does my phone think I own a cat?

Songbird76

When I click it, another one comes up within thirty seconds. The ones that stay a banner at the bottom aren't bad. But the video ones grow and take up half the screen and move around a bit. They're pretty unavoidable.

The hot sauce one gets me because most of the ad is clear, so you think you're clicking on the forum but you're really clicking on the clear part of the ad 😂😂

I'm not really complaining though. Just trying to help.
I don't have the video ones, just the banner at the bottom and it's not really in my way at all. I just click it away when I go to the next page and continue. But I can understand what you have is annoying and frustrating. That sounds way worse.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
Thanks, Steve... It's not a huge problem but I felt you wouldn't want something messing up your site with problematic ads.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is anyone besides be getting an advertising banner across the bottom of the page on this sight? It covers most of the quick up or down buttons. Not awful but it covers the post button and requires a lot more frequent scrolling and a couple extra steps to speed to the top of the page. @wdwmagic???
The buttons should be fixed now. Le the know if that is better.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
Thanks! Sadly the post button can still be compromised. Hopefully there can be a solution. However that one doesn't seem to trigger the opening of a different site.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
What is happening to the post button?
Nothing really, it just can be sitting within the confines of the ad requiring additional scrolling up. Not a big deal. I didn't test it to see if clicking on it while covering the area sends you to the advertisement site. Ok, I just checked it and if you click on it while it is in the ad area, nothing happens so it only requires scrolling. Not a big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom