Anyone already thinking about the 50th

Indy_UK

I know, I know I'm mad for thinking this far ahead.

We are in the U.K and we're lucky enough to visit WDW twice last year as a couple. Because of money we can't afford to visit WDW again until 2021 for the 50th.

In that time, we should have a 3rd family member of our family as we are looking to adopt and think we will save and visit Disneyland Paris a couple of times a year instead.

For 2021 we know we want to do 3 whole weeks in Disney. Possibly POP century as my husband wants to stay on property for the first time.

We are thinking late October to catch Halloween, the 50th and beginning of the Christmas period too. I want to do the Star Wars hotel too which I'm hoping will be done by then.

While I can't wait to go back, I am terrified about the thought of how busy it's going to be.

Anyone else thinking 2021 and the 50th yet?

yensid67

Any Disney World fan could/would/should be planning now for the anticipation of the 50th Anniversary! IT WILL BE MAGICAL MADNESS! I'm glad
I am not planning on any more trips after September 2019 trip! It's just getting too expensive for me! I am on disability and it takes at least 2 years to save the money just for 9 days...I would hate to see how much the prices are going to go up before the 50th! You know Disney will try to suck out every cent they can from guests up until 2021, the 50th because they know that guests WILL pay for it, so why not make a profit! But them making a profit like this is causing 'everyone' from being able to afford a Disney vacation! That is not what Walt wanted Walt Disney World to be...it IS to be a place where the Mom's and Dad's can enjoy a day in the park together. #AFFORDABLE

Upvote 0

JohnD

I’m planning a trip in April for my own 50th (ouch). After that no more trips in 2019. I’ll probably return in 2020 and think about 50th anniversary in 2021 then.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Hi John...I have planned for September 2019 trip as my 50th BUT I will actually be 52! This will be my last trip! WDW 50th will be a mess both crowds and price-wise...I can see Disney raising prices because they know A LOT of guests are coming, so why not benefit!

Upvote 0

Tiggertoo56

We're thinking about it. Also from UK and normally go October/November for both Halloween/Holiday season for 2-3 weeks. It will be busy and much more than normal, but will be worth it for the celebrations. We stay on site and have been in Movies, CBR, POR & FOFQ.
Hope you get to include the 3rd member of the family too.

Upvote 0

DreamalittleDisney

Last trip was Oct18 also from the UK trip before that was July/Aug 2016.

We won't be going back until 2021
a) our 10th wedding anniversary
b) give SWL time to calm down and get over opening glitches
c) the rest of newness opening by 2021 GOTG...
d) Cost

So yup count us in for 2021 .. better start saving now as prices seem to have sky rocketed when taking a quick look at prices for 2020 ...

Upvote 0

jmenjes

I'm doing some planning about being there for the 50th myself. I'm also thinking about a quick trip up for my 50th birthday in February of 2021.

For those planning as well, October 1, 2021 falls on a Friday.

Upvote 0

mavlax20

I started planning for the 50th back in 2017 after our last trip...however the planning has just consisted of 'Hey let's go in 2021'...now comes the part where the saving really ramps up and begins for me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom