Anymore classic Disney film/TV coming to Disney+?

caseybrn

Original Poster
Pardon me if this question has already been asked/proposed......

Is Disney + planning on releasing any more old/classic movies or TV - like the Zorro TV show, Johnny Tremaine or Swamp Fox kinda stuff?

Like any more films of the type already released, of the Pollyanna, 20,000 Leagues or Swiss Family Robinson type....

prberk

Pardon me if this question has already been asked/proposed......

Is Disney + planning on releasing any more old/classic movies or TV - like the Zorro TV show, Johnny Tremaine or Swamp Fox kinda stuff?

Like any more films of the type already released, of the Pollyanna, 20,000 Leagues or Swiss Family Robinson type....

I hope so. That is what they need.

caseybrn

Original Poster
All these upcoming Marvel TV shows and the new Mandalorian season looks great but Disney + has seriously
get to releasing

1, Zorro - 1957 series - they have released the 'Sign of Zorro', which is great of course, but its just a combination of 8 episodes. They released an official report in many magazines that season 1 was being released and they Disney + released the Sign

2. The Swamp Fox, 1961 mini series

3. Misadventures of Merlin Jones (and throw in Monkey's Uncle too!)

ElvisMickey

Still wondering why Make Mine Music is the only film in the animated canon not on Disney+
That segment with the Martins and the Coys with all of the guns is a problem. That’s why it also hasn’t been released on Blu Ray. But I don’t know why they just don’t edit that scene out.

caseybrn

Original Poster
Speaking of editing cartoon segments....I'd be in support of release of Song of South eliminating all live action but the Remus zippy do-da singing with the cartoons spiel and otherwise just the animated parts....but I realize that was unlikely before and now that's even more of a stretch

Animaniac93-98

That segment with the Martins and the Coys with all of the guns is a problem. That’s why it also hasn’t been released on Blu Ray. But I don’t know why they just don’t edit that scene out.

Melody Time and The Black Cauldron have not been released to blu-ray either. It's not because of censorship, it's because they are no longer interested in most back catalog content on physical media or any new DMC exclusive titles.

Make Mine Music was released to VHS and DVD (edited), but it's not on Disney+ because old movies are not a priority to get uploaded.

Animaniac93-98

With October being right around the corner I was hoping for the following to be put on Disney+ but no such luck:

Under Wraps (1997 DCOM)
Child of Glass (1978 TV movie)
Halloween Hall of Fame
A Disney Halloween
Disney's Halloween Treat (shorter edit, Pumpkin host)

ElvisMickey

Melody Time and The Black Cauldron have not been released to blu-ray either. It's not because of censorship, it's because they are no longer interested in most back catalog content on physical media or any new DMC exclusive titles.

Make Mine Music was released to VHS and DVD (edited), but it's not on Disney+ because old movies are not a priority to get uploaded.
I agree with you on the DVD version being edited, you’re correct on that. However literally every other animated feature from Snow White to Frozen 2 was put on Disney +, so in this case I don’t think it has anything to do with the older movies not having priority. There has to be a reason why Melody Time specifically was left off.

BasiltheBatLord

I dunno just seems to me like there are worse/more offensive scenes in Disney films which have made it on to the service uncensored (should clarify I haven’t actually seen the segment in question yet)

Twisted Ballerina

In the Parks
No
1. Big Red( 1962)
2. Greyfriars Bobby: A True Story of a Dog (1961)
3. Nikki, Wild Dog Of The North (1961)
4. The gy Dog (1959)
5. Old Yeller (1957) Don't know if that is already on there or not.

PiratesMansion

1. Big Red( 1962)
2. Greyfriars Bobby: A True Story of a Dog (1961)
3. Nikki, Wild Dog Of The North (1961)
4. The ****gy Dog (1959)
5. Old Yeller (1957) Don't know if that is already on there or not.
Old Yeller is already on the service.

Make Mine Music is no classic but should be there for completionist sake, unedited because I'm not convinced anyone really cares about the "offending sensibilities" of that deleted short (much in the way that most people don't really care about MMM in general).

Personally I was surprised how much I enjoyed Absent-Minded Professor and I was bummed that Son of Flubber is MIA. That film, older parks-centric content, and more of the shorts (which have been the highlight of the new-to-me material on the service) would be my preferred things to add.

Animaniac93-98

Make Mine Music is no classic but should be there for completionist sake, unedited because I'm not convinced anyone really cares about the "offending sensibilities" of that deleted short (much in the way that most people don't really care about MMM in general).

The decision to edit it out of MMM was made 20 years ago. I'm not sure the same choice would be made today, as what makes it "offensive" has nothing to do with racial stereotypes and it's certainly no worse than Cletus from the Disney+ favourite, The Simpsons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom