Anybody see this at F&W today?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! That water is NASTY :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Isn't there a brain-eating amoeba that's the the FL water too?

VoiceGuy07

Have been to 10 or so F&W's (say 30 day's worth) and have only come across a few people that should have packed up a few drinks ago. For the most part, people are having fun, are operating within the norms of society, and enjoying the festival. Those who so easily condemn the Food & Wine without attending should give it a chance before judging.

Last edited:

DManRightHere

I saw a uniformed cast member once slowly walking into bay lake from the beach. Took me a moment to realize she had wading boots on. I was worried she was going to try and drown herself or something! Turns out she was taking vials of water to be tested..

Phonedave

Granted, odds are well in the favor of alcohol being involved.

But really, who knows what happened? Did anybody see the whole incident. Maybe the person is just naturally poor with balance, his kid drops his Duffy over the rail of the path, the father says "I'll get your overpriced toy" steps over the rail, and then tumbles down the rocky hill, twisting his ankle and ending up in the water. He can't get out on his own because of his busted up ankle, so the CM is standing by until EMS can come by.

There are many plausible ways this could have happened - and not all involve the excess consumption of alcohol.

-dave

Phonedave

too bad the F&W festival gets a bad rap. we enjoy the festival. luckily we never had to witness anything like this.

Let it get the bad rap. If people stay away because they think it is full of drunk crowds, roaming the pathways, doing keg stands, and stripping naked (hey, someone said it was literally like spring break) then that makes less crowds for those of us who do go and enjoy it.

-dave

RayTheFirefly

While this guy was most likely drunk, I'm with a lot of the others here. I've gone to F&W 4 years in a row and never experienced any drunk shenanigans. Just a lot of people enjoying good food and drinks. I guess I always get lucky.

Then again, I'm from New Orleans, so I guess everything in Disney seems rated-G to me, even F&W.

danpam1024

We go to F&W multiple times each year. I must be the luckiest person on earth, because I've never seen anything like the incidents people report on this board. Are people occasionally a bit "cheerful" after a few glasses of wine? Yes. But I have literally never witnessed the Spring-Break-in-Cancun type behavior some complain of.
All the times we have gone, we never have seen anything "good" (or "bad") like this either, just people having a good time.

The Incredible Schmulk

too bad the F&W festival gets a bad rap. we enjoy the festival. luckily we never had to witness anything like this.

Luckily? If I'm paying theses ever-increasing park ticket prices on top of the exorbitant food and drink prices for items that are of a lesser quality with every passing year, I expect to see drunken guest tricks. No! I think I'm entitled to them! I want a synchronized belly flopping show featuring fat, slovenly drunks in tank tops and farmer's tans. There should be hourly shows of gaggles of sorority girls in matching t-shirts marching arm-in-arm around the promenade singing Lady Gaga at the tops of their lungs. Where are all of the taserings I read about?

image.php

Make it happen Disney.

danpam1024

Luckily? If I'm paying theses ever-increasing park ticket prices on top of the exorbitant food and drink prices for items that are of a lesser quality with every passing year, I expect to see drunken guest tricks. No! I think I'm entitled to them! I want a synchronized belly flopping show featuring fat, slovenly drunks in tank tops and farmer's tans. There should be hourly shows of gaggles of sorority girls in matching t-shirts marching arm-in-arm around the promenade singing Lady Gaga at the tops of their lungs. Where are all of the taserings I read about?

image.php

Make it happen Disney.
OMG- I am laughing so hard right now!!!

BuddyThomas

Granted, odds are well in the favor of alcohol being involved.

But really, who knows what happened? Did anybody see the whole incident. Maybe the person is just naturally poor with balance, his kid drops his Duffy over the rail of the path, the father says "I'll get your overpriced toy" steps over the rail, and then tumbles down the rocky hill, twisting his ankle and ending up in the water. He can't get out on his own because of his busted up ankle, so the CM is standing by until EMS can come by.

There are many plausible ways this could have happened - and not all involve the excess consumption of alcohol.

-dave
Exactly. Apparently there are a lot of psychics in this particular thread.

harveyt0206

We were there Saturday and while it was super duper crowded, we did not witness any bad behavior. Saw lots of people having a blast. You could tell that some folks were drunk, but they weren't acting inappropriate at all. In fact, we saw a great group of guys - all of them wearing Viking hats..the kind with the big horns on them- roaming around all day long. Maybe it was a bachelor party or something, but they truly were just having a good time. It was kind of fun to see which booths they chose to visit. Since I'm a lightweight in the alcohol consumption department, I don't usually partake but rather have to live vicariously through others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom