Any word on why the stalled progress of the Skyway station section?

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Just wondering if any of our insiders have heard why the progress has stalled at the Fantasyland Skyway? I thought we've already seen the blueprints and stuff, so what gives? Are they now retooling what is going to go over there? Or are they waiting for the last of the summer crowds to leave?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Just wondering if any of our insiders have heard why the progress has stalled at the Fantasyland Skyway? I thought we've already seen the blueprints and stuff, so what gives? Are they now retooling what is going to go over there? Or are they waiting for the last of the summer crowds to leave?

I don't think the project is stalled so much as they just haven't given that part of it their full attention yet. There's other items higher up on the priority list right now. Give it time.....

Neverland

Work should be continuing pretty soon. In a few days, Fantasyland will be testing some new stroller parking arrangements in preparation for the walls at F-Sky being expanded outwards, and swallowing the stroller parking area.

jt04

Work should be continuing pretty soon. In a few days, Fantasyland will be testing some new stroller parking arrangements in preparation for the walls at F-Sky being expanded outwards, and swallowing the stroller parking area.

I hear work has resumed as of the 29th.

hpyhnt 1000

Oh, thats going to be fun. :dazzle:

GhostHost999

Work is still happening there. No stalls have been reported. (no pun intended). :animwink:

Obviously they still have to sink the foundations.

HA! I know most of these wern't intentional, but they are still funny :p

ryanduggers

I believe f-sky is the fantasy land skyway station. The replacement is going to be a bathroom. Whether the bathrooms turn out to be an attraction is subject to debate, and is a little creepy. :ROFLOL:

I was trying to make a joke about eating strollers....

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Saw an update on another site that showed the base has now been removed from the old skyway building so it looks as if work is starting to move forward again.

Tom

Beta Return
The demolition of the existing structure was extremely tedious. Not only were they working in very close proximity to guests, but they had a very small footprint of land from which to work.

They can't just tear it down like they did with the TL version, where they had the luxury of space. They literally took this building apart, down to its foundations, which are old and heavy and had to be pulled out. Plus, I imagine a lot of the work happened at night, also because of proximity to guests. Night work is about half as productive as the day shift.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom