Any updates on slinky’s tail?

AarronAarron

Original Poster
Does anyone thats at in Disneyworld have any update on slinky’s tail orhave any idea when it will be back on the coaster? Leaving in a week and want to know.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Boo, not true. I'm talking about major components. Not an animatronic chicken here or a projection here. Major recent components that have been touted in PR have failed. This is recent. Not that a tail is major but it was a selling point.

@marni1971 In all seriousness, can you help me here?
The tails was a selling point?

I can all but guarantee that "We must wait in a 2 hour line to ride the slinky dog coaster because the tail wags!!!" has been said by no one.

It is a cute, minor effect that will most likely be back if and when it can be fixed. Worst case is they will get replaced with the version they have in Shanghai that do not move.

Slinky-Dog-Dash-Roller-Coaster-624x351.jpg

As to attractions with major problems there are three that immediately come to mind from DL. Rocket Rods, Luigi's Flying Tires, the 1.0 version of Luigi's Flying Tires called Flying Saucers were all so bad that they outright closed.

Gelatoni

The tails was a selling point?

I can all but guarantee that "We must wait in a 2 hour line to ride the slinky dog coaster because the tail wags!!!" has been said by no one.

It is a cute, minor effect that will most likely be back if and when it can be fixed. Worst case is they will get replaced with the version they have in Shanghai that do not move.

Slinky-Dog-Dash-Roller-Coaster-624x351.jpg

As to attractions with major problems there are three that immediately come to mind from DL. Rocket Rods, Luigi's Flying Tires, the 1.0 version of Luigi's Flying Tires called Flying Saucers were all so bad that they outright closed.
That's what I was thinking. Is any children crying because the tail is off? I bet 90% of people will never notice.

Disney.Mike

On our last trip in October, SDD was down more than it was up.

2 days we went to DHS, rode it at rope drop, got off, rode Midway Mania, and by the time we were off that SDD was down and didnt come back up the rest of the day.

JIMINYCR

And the tail was only on the end of the last section of ride cars, not having any function that made the ride run better or affected the experience. It was just a trivial element that dressed up the appearance of the ride. If it never comes back it wont make the attraction be considered a fail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom