Any tips or suggestions for Coronado Springs?

Epcotfan21

Original Poster
My wife and I normally stay at Epcot area resorts and had to cancel a trip at the Swan two weeks ago because of a family emergency. Unfortunately, the Swan/Dolphin are completely booked for next weekend and the rates for Beach, Yacht or Boardwalk are much higher than we'd like to spend.

We've never stayed at a moderate before and Coronado was the only option available in that category, so I'm wondering if anyone can give any tips or suggestions for our stay here. I've booked a standard room, so I'm sure we're likely looking at a parking lot/grass area, but is there a certain area we should try to request? Something close to the buses or main area? Any help you can provide would be fantastic.

It will just be a two night stay and we plan on spending a majority of it in the parks.

Thanks!

Disnee4Me

We stayed at the Casitas Bldg. 3 and it was not a far walk to the Bus Stop, and not even that bad of a walk to the food court.

Attachments

• DSCN0213.JPG
    DSCN0213.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 67
When it comes to the food court area, it is all about timing. There is a very small area where the fountain drinks are and it gets very crowded during breakfast, lunch, and dinner times. The food court area overall, is very small and can be frustrating to deal with when it's crowded. I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the bar area! I really like the resort!

BoarderPhreak

As for location... Try to get something closer to the food court/main buildings as it can be a bit of a trek from the outskirts. The pool area there can get noisy at times as well.

DisneyPrincess5

We have stayed at Coronado many times and have always loved it. We typically request Canabas as we enjoy it there and our preference is to be close to the main building. Have a great time!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Our preference is the Rancho's section.
Yes it's a way to the main building but it is the quietest by far and we love the themeing :inlove:
Realisticly you can't go far wrong anywhere as it seems to be a very overlooked resort because of the conference side of it.

daisyduckie

I always request to be near the fitness center. That way you should be very close to the first bus stop picked up on the way to the parks, and fairly close to the food offerings.

Epcot82Guy

I'm a Swan fan myself - typically stay there. But, CSR is a close second for me. It's a beautiful resort. The rooms aren't quite as nice (but perfectly fine) - but it's still very nice. The resort is pretty big. So, when you do on-line check in, I would suggest picking "close to transportation" as your option. With a standard view, they are all fairly similar. But, being near a bus stop is helpful. Take a moment to wander around at night. It's beautiful!

Epcotfan21

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and feedback! I did online check-in last night and requested to be in the Rancho's section and to be near transportation. Hopefully all goes well.

MickeyMomV

We stayed in Rancho 7A last February and yes it was close to one of the 4 or 5 bus stops but it was a 25-30 minute round trip to En Centro. We had the refillable mugs and maybe used them twice over 11 days. It just wasn't worth the walk. The soda machine outside our room however got plenty of use. I should also mention that last Feb was rather chilly and The Dig Site was closed for our entire trip. This might have made a difference in our feelings about the Rancho's.

Casitas or Cabana's 9A or 9B will be our choice the next time we stay there. Just as close to a bus stop and about 1/4 the distance to El Centro

SteamboatJoe

I recently stayed in the Cabana with access to the business lounge that is also as close to the main bus pick-up and El Centro that you can be. It was great. The themeing of the grounds is maybe not as quite as impressive as some of the other areas but it wasn't really a huge concern for me as the wife and I didn't spend a ton of time at the resort aside from the night we arrived and the morning we left.

disneygirl1

We love CS!!!! We have stayed in all the sections of the resort and the Cabanas section is our favorite. Building 8B to be exact. It is right across the way from the Dig Site pool, El Centro is just a short stroll away and the Cabana bus stop is right there. So conveniently located.

Darth Figment

We staid there 1 time .. never again ... it was nov 2014, the staff where you get breakfast was rude ... our room was dirty . The grounds were not really clean. BUT..the bar tenders by the pool were awsome, some of the staff at the front desk were really helpful. We normaly stay at port orleans . That place is awsome( my opinion)

DisneyGigi

I absolutely adore Coronado. I like the Cabanas because it is more secluded. Still close to the pool but a bit of a walk to the main building. Then again I enjoy walking around the resort anyway. The staff there have always been amazing and one of the reasons we love it so much.

Darth Figment

I absolutely adore Coronado. I like the Cabanas because it is more secluded. Still close to the pool but a bit of a walk to the main building. Then again I enjoy walking around the resort anyway. The staff there have always been amazing and one of the reasons we love it so much.
Maybe it was just a bad week .. i dont know .. but usually everybody is really really nice and they act like they enjoyed you being there.

Gucci65

Do you still get that "Disney feel" when staying at Coronado? I have read a couple of blogs that said you do not. Just curious because I'm trying to decide between a Royal Room at POR or a water view room a CS.....Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

UncleMike101

Do you still get that "Disney feel" when staying at Coronado? I have read a couple of blogs that said you do not. Just curious because I'm trying to decide between a Royal Room at POR or a water view room a CS.....Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
El Centro has a lot of Disney feel, especially Panchito's.
The rest of the resort has some Disney theming but it's not overdone like the Value resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom