any straight razor shavers here?

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
I'll be honest. I don't shave, I think have a pretty jacked up face, and since high school, I've had facial hair....anyway

My brother is getting married in a few months, and I've wanted to get him something unique. I've seen all the engraved cheap knives and money clips. I just want to do something a little different. He works in the,medical field, and he honestly loves shaving. He has every mach whatever razor out there. I would honestly like to get him a nice straight razor set. something not extremely expensive...I've seen razors can get up there. Just something a beginner can start with and build up to the higher end stuff. I'm also a knife collector, and love sharpening, and wouldn't be upset getting to find and restore vintage blades!

Anyway, can anyone point me towards an all in one kit? Something under the $100 mark? And maybe educate me some? Thanks

Also, mods, if there is a better place for this...please put it there. I don't know of another broad audience to ask such a question. Thanks for providing a platform to converse with that audience!

Last edited:

trr1

I'll be honest. I don't shave, I think have a pretty jacked up face, and since high school, I've had facial hair....anyway

My brother is getting married in a few months, and I've wanted to get him something unique. I've seen all the engraved cheap knives and money clips. I just want to do something a little different. He works in the,medical field, and he honestly loves shaving. He has every mach whatever razor out there. I would honestly like to get him a nice straight razor set. something not extremely expensive...I've seen razors can get up there. Just something a beginner can start with and build up to the higher end stuff. I'm also a knife collector, and love sharpening, and wouldn't be upset getting to find and restore vintage blades!

Anyway, can anyone point me towards an all in one kit? Something under the $100 mark? And maybe educate me some? Thanks

Also, mods, if there is a better place for this...please put it there. I don't know of another broad audience to ask such a question. Thanks for providing a platform to converse with that audience!
try here

trr1

I use Gillette sensor excel replacement cartridges
61eIwgfqjSL._SY450_.jpg

and a classic safety razor
p349125b.jpg

Goofyernmost

I have a beard. Once every year or so, I buy some new disposable razors to trim around the edges and that is that. Simplicity is my aim. I've had this beard for 36 years now.
Well, not exactly the same beard, it renews quite often.
It used to be dark brown, but, is pure white now, however the hair on my head (what is left) is still fairly dark.

trr1

I have a beard. Once every year or so, I buy some new disposable razors to trim around the edges and that is that. Simplicity is my aim. I've had this beard for 36 years now.
Well, not exactly the same beard, it renews quite often.
It used to be dark brown, but, is pure white now, however the hair on my head (what is left) is still fairly dark.
you had a beard since you were a baby?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom