Any popular WDW restaurants you just don't get the appeal of?

StarWarsGirl

Via Nappoli definitely. I can get far less expensive pizza at a place that's two minutes from my house and is ten times better.

I've never eaten at O'hana. I have a peanut/tree nut and a pineapple allergy, so I usually go to Kona instead because it's easier for them to make something that has nothing I'm allergic to than at a place that serves all the food family style. The Luau was an epic disaster. But beyond that, I don't see why you would fight for a reservation there. Kona is less expensive, there's more of a variety, and the food is always good.

I disagree with a lot of the comments about BOG. I've been there 5+ times and it's been good every time. I also disagree with Prime Time. It's a good spin on comfort food. SciFi used to be iffy, but the past couple of trips, it's gone up in quality I think. I would much rather get an ADR for lunch there and get the food there than at one of the QS places where the food is guaranteed to be greasy and not very good.

Dafid Duck

So I guess by the time this thread retires to the great thread graveyard in the sky, every single restaurant will have been mentioned simply because different people like and dislike different things.

These threads always degrade into an obnoxious debate. The idea of this particular one is what restaurants you don't "get" that other people love. Then people argue because someone doesn't "get" their favorite restaurant so that makes them a bad person. Instead, let people follow the original intent and express their opinion without making them sound like an uncultured Philestine.

Last edited:

Frey

Ohana used to be a staple of our family's WDW trips, never to be missed, but the quality decline was so steep in the last 2 visits that we'll likely avoid it and just pick Kona from now on.

MickeyPeace

The worst meal I've ever had at WDW was at Tony's Town Square. Overcooked soft mushy pasta with seafood and way too much garlic in the tomato sauce. I was burping such a fowl odor all night from the "food" that I thank God that it was during mickeys not so scary Halloween party. At least people could take "Tony garlic burp" as a costume. Lol.

To all of the people who complained about Italian food in Epcot, wrong, Tony's is bad Italian food! Very bad! Burp.

Daniel Johnson

Teppan Edo. my uncle and aunt ranted and raved. I enjoy a good japanese steakhouse. But, I wasn't impressed. We have a dump of a Benihana Hannas copy in our town, and I think it is better food. But, it could have been the cook, he wasn't great, the food wasn't seasoned, my little cousins loved it, which, was nice to see I guess. And my mother and grandmother were excited to tell everyone we ate in Japan. We then went to Katsura Grill and shared some sushi...though, it isn't great as some sushi, teaching the cousins how to use chop sticks was awesome.

It might be I'm picky. Everyone else was super impressed and enjoyed the food. I don't know. I wasn't wowed, but, in the end the kids loved it.

On the other hand. I would eat the french onion soup at BoG lunch everyday. I was blown away by it. And I've worked in restaurants with some of the best French onion around the country...the atmosphere was good, but the food really blew me away.

We want to try Coral Reef. Food sounds good, the atmosphere sounds awesome.
I want to go to Tony 's on main street. I love lady and the tramp, I've never heard good or bad about the food....until this thread. I was hoping for better reviews...so much potential Being where it is and the movie it seems to represent.
The wife wants to try the Mexican resturant across from from PoTC..
I heard it's like taco bell food wise, I will have to try it, it can't be that bad...
I've heard great things about ohana (spelling). I enjoy meat, all meat. We Will try it.
And my brother said. le cellier was nothing like everyone says. I don't know. He eats McDonald's on a weekly basis just because he enjoys it....

I cooked and managed four star restaurants in my years. People's taste are all different. Being a cook for a long time, I can tell you the exact same plate will ever appeal the exact same way to two separate people. to tell people they don't have the right palette for anything, is just dumb. If your that closed minded, you need to rethink your own palette...it might be broken.

Other than the senseless arguments, Great thread!

Last edited:

aw14

Only restaurant on grounds that we had a mediocre to bad experience was Biergarten. Food was ok, typical buffet fare and sitting with rude people kinda killed it.

wdwfan4ver

I never recalled Tony's being rated high like Le Cellier is. I grant you that people do eat there, but I question how much of that is really caused by the amount of table service places the Magic Kingdom offers. I wasn't impressed with the place.

Le Cellier to me is the Restaurant I don't see the appeal of with it being a signature. I used to like the place, but the steak was bad one of the two times I went there on a WDW trip back in 2012. Both time was for Lunch. The time with the bad experience was one with the steak not being edible despite ordering it medium. The Steak was rushed to the table less than 4 minutes after it was ordered.

Le Cellier is a signature because of the Disney Dining plan.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I've gone back and reviewed the responses and I'm not finding where I said anything other than I felt the service was sub par and I didn't think the food was something to rave about. I can understand if you love the place, that's cool and all that, but the question by the person who started this thread is below, which I answered, and don't think I made any comments egregious to the point of drawing the level of attention you are giving it.

You can make someone pay $30 for a McD's Whopper and they shall think nothing compares just because the price. There is just nothing you can do with those types.

High price does not equal quality, folks. It seems some around here are clueless to fine dining.

The Magical Genie 123

I'm going to have to say Trail's End. People have said that it's a "hidden gem" restaurant, but the food wasn't as good as I had hoped. I love the theming, but the food wasn't anything that special to me.

heychadwick

I'm really surprised people are bashing Restaurant Marrakesh. It's been one of our favorites. We didn't find the food bland at all. We loved the belly dancing. The deserts were really good. Of course, it's been 6 years since we went last. Has it gone down hill or something?

People bashing Ohana? That's the one where they bring out big skewers of food? 6 years ago that was my favorite place we ate. It was great! I stuffed myself most at that place.

Boma was a bust for us. We heard a lot of great things about it. It was just....bland. Boring? Just....meh.

As for Tony's...just imagine a very bland Italian chain. "I'll have the chicken nuggets a la spaghetti!"

Now that I think about it, there isn't anything good at Magic Kingdom. It's all mediocre at best.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
I'm going to have to say Trail's End. People have said that it's a "hidden gem" restaurant, but the food wasn't as good as I had hoped. I love the theming, but the food wasn't anything that special to me.

I agree with you on that. I read many good things about their breakfast buffet, so one morning my wife and I made a special trip over there for it......and came away completely underwhelmed.

mouse_luv

Tony's ceased being good after they stopped serving breakfast. That was the only decent meal they could make.
I don't get Le Cellier. Sorry, I'll save my extra dining credits and use them somewhere I can get a better meal for less credits.

Kona, just no. It was good back in 2012-ish, then they changed the menu and the chef we had this past Fall was just horrible. Rude, wouldn't accomodate my food allergies, and both DBF and I got food poisoning. NEVER AGAIN!

I love the Plaza, they have the best french fries in the World for me (I actually crave them when I am not in Disney).

Also, people can bash Teppan Edo all they want that just leaves more ADR availability for me lol!
We have Benihana's and places like that around here and in other cities I have been in and I'm sorry, they don't compare to Teppan Edo.
Those that were complaining about it, they actually do lightly season the food and perhaps it was your chef that was the problem.

Jabbas

Not sure exactly what it's called, not the Sci-fi place in Hollywood studios is terrible. I'm not a fan of that park anyways and the meal sealed the deal for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom