Any Perks at WDW for Disney Shareholders?

jkl2000

Original Poster
Answering my own question - from their website, the answer is a flat out No!

Time to start throwing my sons' voting weight around...

Upvote 0

Becky

Answering my own question - from their website, the answer is a flat out No!

Time to start throwing my sons' voting weight around...

Good luck with that. o_O Most shares (millions) are owned by huge retirement plans. It was several of them that got together to force Eisner out. On the plus side the company has been doing well and the share prices/value has been increasing. :)

Upvote 0

durangojim

There used to be. It was called Magic Kingdom club it was also available to large corporations who paid into it. You got some the same perks as a Passholder. That disappeared about 10 years ago or more.

Upvote 0

erstwo

I wish! My husband owns several hundred (the result of reinvesting since he was a child in the 1970s.). And my kids have tons more in their college IRAs. I only own a few, but would love some perks, but I guess I'll have to settle for being more than happy with the results of the investment. :)
They do a rockin job with that perk. :)
ETA- that's neat about IBM. I literally just looked at their stock. I've always wished Apple offered a discount to shareholders, but once again I'm stuck with just the 'results' perk (which with Apple isn't too shabby! :) )
ETA-(again!). I think they should offer 'I come here so often to protect my investment' buttons to the shareholders. :-D. Because clearly that makes totally logical financial sense. Maybe then my friends would stop teasing me. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Each of my sons owns three shares! They should treat us right.
So with 3 shares each, they must get a whopping return of about what a Mickey Ice cream bar costs. :hungry: Don't think Disney's gonna comp a room at GF, Contemp or Poly any time soon... with a total of 6 shares, you're not considered a heavy player.:in pain: :D

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

You are eligible to attend the shareholders meeting each year (if you can find it). And receive any applicable dividends. That's about it. You might get punch and cookies at the meeting though....

Upvote 0

SleepyPuppy

I am a little late on this thread but I am a new member and found this while running a search. We purchased Disney stock because we were Disney fans. Once we got the shareholder info we learned of the perks. During "off" season you could get discounts of 40% at places like the Contemporary and Polynesian and 25% at the Grand Floridian. A book was published by, I believe, Birnbaum that advised people to buy "one" share of stock and save bundles at WDW. Soon after the prize goose had a stroke and golden eggs were not even good for omelets.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom