Any news when the new section of Pop Century will be complete?

brandon8419

I stayed at Pop Century in June of 2006 and had a great time and I will be again staying there for a week this August. I'm just wondering how the construction of the early decades was going. I had heard rumors that it was stalled or going very slowly...

duck_daddy

I stayed at Pop Century in June of 2006 and had a great time and I will be again staying there for a week this August. I'm just wondering how the construction of the early decades was going. I had heard rumors that it was stalled or going very slowly...
Look at your watch............now find a quater till never!
Seriously though, they will resume construction when the POP currently in use can reach a set capacitiy, all year round. I have no idea what the said capacity is, but I do know that it is not currently being fulfilled. Therefore why build another resort, when you can't fill the one ya got!:wave:

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Don't hold your breath for the legendary years to open any time soon. Even if they decided to resume construction tomorrow, a lot of what they've already done has been compromised due to neglect, so they'd have to fix all of that first.

Upvote 0

Dagger

I did read that they are set to be family suites like ASM has. I don't know if this was just a rumor or not but I personally love the idea!

Upvote 0
After 9/11 building for Disney was at a slow down. Now that Disney attendence is up prior to 9/11 maybe they will think of starting. When ever my DW and I try to make reservations for Pop it is had to get in, because it is booked fully. Seems to be almost year round.

Upvote 0
Since 2000 sale of DVC units has doubled. I really believe that this is the direction Disney is and will be taking over the next decade or so. DVC sales are brisk so there is really no need to add more hotel units at this time.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

You will probably see this resort take form by the end of the decade. With the resort seeing crowds it hasn't seen in years, they are starting to see the need for more rooms. When the resort is built, it will probably have many of the family suites but also regular rooms.

Upvote 0

JeffH

The legendary years

I hope that whenever they do begin construction they drop the theme legendary years, since most who lived in those 'legendary years' are either dead or so crippled up that they can't really enjoy Disney or the 'legendary years' theme. We like Pop Century because of the themes we can relate to and harkens us back to memories of our youth. They should change the names to Pop 'Decades' (the existing one) which celebrates the last 50 years decade by decade (retheming the oldest decade to the newest decade every new decade, like in 2010). And the other 'half' could be named Pop 'Cultures' or Pop 'Lives', where section area represents different eras of a particular pop area, like music (rock, dance, rap<ugh>), hobbies/fun, electronics, movies, and people/characters.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom