Any news on Port Orleans

WDW Imagineer

Original Poster
Has Disney opened up the rest of Port Orleans yet? I know that they were starting to open it up building by building, and that they were accepting reservations again:animwink:

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by jcrb
Wasn’t the French Quarters gated off during refurbishment?

When I went passed there during December it was not gate off. It was just very dark. There was a light on in the main building though, which makes me think they were doing some changes to the resort. The gates of the resort though were wide open, the sign wasn't lit up though.

DisJosh

Hehe we have rservations for June there! :)

I'm so happy it reopened it's my favorite resort...the Sassagoula boats have been opened for a while now too so we have that back too!!! :D

DisJosh

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
The food court area was remodeled.

Yeah? I hope they didn't do too much. I liked it. I know the restaurant that was there closed right after we had ate there on our vacation in August of 2000. Maybe they re-did that too. :D

Invero

Originally posted by jcrb
Wasn’t the French Quarters gated off during refurbishment?

It was closed down due to slowing tourism. However, during this "slump" Disney took the opportunity to give the resort a slight rehab. I can't remember off the top of my head exactly all that was done...

wdwmanager

Originally posted by DisJosh
Hehe we have rservations for June there! :)

I'm so happy it reopened it's my favorite resort...the Sassagoula boats have been opened for a while now too so we have that back too!!! :D

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

YOu may want to double check your reservations. We were talking about the re opening in a meeting today, and we were told that they werent going to re-open till mid to late july.

We were also told that it will be re opened in sections. 2 buildings at a time, spaced out over about a 4 -6 month period.

I hope for you that they made a mistake in todays meet, and should have said june instead of July.

Either way...have a great time!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Invero

Originally posted by wdwmanager
YOu may want to double check your reservations. We were talking about the re opening in a meeting today, and we were told that they werent going to re-open till mid to late july.

We have been told on both unofficial, and official levels in Transportation that French Quarter will be opening on May 31st. Whether it's going to be in sections like you described, that I don't know...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom