Any news on Flying Fish opening?

mattpeto

The Boardwalk struggled before COVID, and is now a mostly empty area. It is going to be difficult for Flying Fish to reopen until the situation improves.
With YS and Jiko (rumored opening Sept) and Takumi-Tei waiting for international help, besides V&A, the next signatures on deck would be Monsieur Paul and Flying Fish.

I'm feeling Flying Fish would be next...

OneofThree

That's really good news! FF has been one of the most consistent of WDW's sigs over the past couple of years, despite the fledgling Boardwalk area.

castlecake2.0

The Boardwalk struggled before COVID, and is now a mostly empty area. It is going to be difficult for Flying Fish to reopen until the situation improves.
Would help if they let people park there. I feel like Disney has never figured out what to do with this area. Now with skyliner they could make it like a Disney Springs “lite” for skyliner resorts. They just need a bit more energy and shopping.

mattpeto

The head chef for Flying Fish is currently working at Trattoria al Forno. He is apparently headed back to Flying Fish in September.

UNCgolf

Would help if they let people park there. I feel like Disney has never figured out what to do with this area. Now with skyliner they could make it like a Disney Springs “lite” for skyliner resorts. They just need a bit more energy and shopping.

Yeah -- we go to the Boardwalk at least once a trip, because Flying Fish is one of the best restaurants on property and Jellyrolls is a lot of fun. Even when we don't eat at Flying Fish, we will sometimes get a late night pizza from the pizza window and eat either there on the water or up on the porch at the Boardwalk Inn. I really like the area.

But we always go there from EPCOT, after park closing if doing the pizza window. It's too hard to get to otherwise.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the announcement (along with some others) -

"The chefs from Flying Fish over at Disney’s BoardWalk are ready to welcome you back on Jan. 27 with their signature seafood dishes. Enjoy a taste of luxury with unrivaled flavors, sustainable seafood, and steak offerings."

Reservations open January 20th.

oogie boogie man

LOL, it's easy to know when restaurants are back. You just have to follow the Youtubers, they are all over it. Paging Mr. Morrow (a big fella like me) especially is on the ball.

I think he's eaten at almost every place on property. And in Gideon's case many times. I don't know how he doesn't have diabetes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom