Any news on Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages yet?

mickeysaver

Original Poster
I realized that with the reduction of the ADR window to 90 days that this year's Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages would most likely be delayed in when they were offered to the public. Does anyone here have any information on when they will be made available to the public? Also, are we MVMCP'ers going to have any advanced dinner ADR offerings this year? TIA

PS. :wave: If this needs to be moved, please feel free to do so. :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

No - no news.

This scenario (while probably preferable for Disney) does not assist those guests who want to / need to plan their itineraries ahead of time :mad:

mickeysaver

Original Poster
No - no news.

This scenario (while probably preferable for Disney) does not assist those guests who want to / need to plan their itineraries ahead of time :mad:

Yeah, exactly! I am attempting to be patient, but it really goes against the overplanner in me. :ROFLOL:

wendysmom

After being told to call back every day for possible news(!), I was told they probably won't release info until 90 days out!!:brick: Since I'm a major planner and this trip is a Christmas present to DD and son-in-law, it's driving me crazy! They could at least release the dates and names so we could pick a date to try for. Sigh.

aladdin2007

They probably dont even have all the narrators booked yet. They always end up changing half way to December anyway and then people are dissapointed. I know I was when they announced Isabella Rossellini and then boom she canceled one or two months after. So really its better they wait a bit till its more firm.

mickeysaver

Original Poster
I know the date that I want to go, because it's the only date that works for our short trip to be able to see Wishes once, MVMCP at least once, Candlelight once, and the Osborne Lights once with only 4 full park days to work with. I am more concerned with the ability to secure my choice of dining for the evening and to be able to lay out my touring plan of attack for EP that day. I like doing early CP, but I would prefer to do dinner at Tutto Italia instead of lunch. So, for me it's all about the dining rather than the presenter. Heck, we might not even grab a seat for CP depending on how the rest of our day has gone, but it's always nice to have the option. :xmas:

sabinms

Candlelight Processional

I spoke with WDW Dining yesterday (7/25/09), the person said they received a memo on the dining package and speakers. He said they are not planning on releasing the information until it's closer to the 90 booking period. He estimated a 30 day advance notice on the first dates.

tare

what do you mean 30 day advance notice--like not until november 1st or like the first of september????

mickeysaver

Original Poster
what do you mean 30 day advance notice--like not until november 1st or like the first of september????

90 days from the earliest Candlelight Processional (11/27/2009) is 8/29/09. So, if they give us roughly 30 days before that, we are looking at info dropping around 7/30/09. So, it could be pretty soon.

vilegirl

I just saw on Twitter that DisneyParks released some of the narrators names. New this year are Isabella Rosselini, Vanessa Williams, Whoopi Goldberg. Other narrators are Andy Garcia, John O'Hurley, Abigail Breslin, Brian Dennehy, Angela Bassett, Edward James Olmos and Steven Curtis Chapman. That's all I know.

Brian_WDW74

Just posted by Dewayne Bevil of the Orlando Sentinel:

Here's the schedule, subject to change of course. It's July!

Isabella Rossellini -- Nov. 27-29
John O' Hurley -- Nov. 30, Dec. 1-2
Steven Curtis Chapman -- Dec. 3-5
TBA -- Dec. 6-8
Andy Garcia -- Dec. 9-11
Vanessa Williams -- Dec. 12-14
Abigail Breslin -- Dec. 15-17
Whoopi Goldberg -- Dec. 18-20
Brian Dennehy -- Dec. 21-23
Edward James Olmos -- Dec. 24-26
Angela Bassett & Courtney B. Vance -- Dec. 27-30

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fe...cessional-narrators-2009-whoopi-goldberg.html

AAADisney Ryan

When I called to get dining for clients of mine I asked them and they said they recieved a memo stating aug 29,2009, Which if you think about it is 90 before the first candlelight.:xmas:

JPVonDrake

With our new enhanced dining system, this year the Candlelight Dinner Package will follow the normal 90 day booking window.

This means if you are staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort you can book 90 days in advance of your arrival date for up to the first 10 days of your stay. If you are not staying at a Disney Resort, you can book exactly 90 days in advance of the date you wish to dine.

Although this may change, currently the Candlelight Dining Package is not expected to be available to book on our online dine reservation system. To book this event, you will need to call 407-WDW-DINE on the appropriate date.

The Candlelight Dinner Package, which includes dinner at a select Epcot® restaurant and guaranteed general seating at the American Gardens Theatre during the Candlelight Processional.

A credit card guarantee is required to book the Dining packages but the meal is paid for at the individual restaurants. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your reservation to check-in at the restaurant to insure you are seated on-time. Guests will receive Candlelight Seating badges at the restaurant.

This year's Candlelight Processional Performances will be offered November 27 - December 30, 2009 at 5:00, 6:45, and 8:15 pm. The 90 day mark for 11/27/09 is 8/31/09.

To confirm, the official list of Narrators currently are:

NEW! Isabella Rossellini 11/27–11/29
John O’Hurley 11/30, 12/1–12/2
Steven Curtis Chapman 12/3-12/5
TBD 12/6–12/8
Andy Garcia 12/9–12/11
NEW! Vanesa Williams 12/12–12/14
Abigail Breslin 12/15–12/17
NEW! Whoopi Goldberg 12/18–12/20
Brian Dennehy 12/21–12/23
Edward James Olmos 12/24–12/26
Angela Bassett & Courtney B Vance 12/27–12/30

Please note that narrators are subject to change without notice.

More information, including pricing and Restaurant choices will be posted once it is officially released.

deb loves disne

Here is an updated list:

Who are the Narrators for the 2009 Candlelight season?

We will have the following narrators joining us this year:

Nov. 27 - 29: Isabella Rossellini (NEW)
Nove. 30 - Dec. 2: John O'Hurley
Dec. 3 - 5: Steven Curtis Chapman
Dec. 6 - 8: Anika Noni Rose (NEW)
Dec. 9 - 11: Andy Garcia
Dec. 12 - 14: Vanessa Williams (NEW)
Dec. 15 - 17: Abigail Breslin
Dec. 18 - 20: Whoopi Goldberg (NEW)
Dec. 21 - 23: Brian Dennehy
Dec. 24 - 26: Edward James Olmos
Dec. 27 - 30: Angela Basset/Courtney Vance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom