Any Love for the new Ducktales series out there?

Scrooged

Original Poster
I’ve been a big Ducktales fan since I was as a kid. (As evident by my avatar) I’ve become a huge fan of the new series that started last year. There is just so much to love. Lots of call backs to the original show, and even further references to the Carl Barks stories. And we finally get to see stories about Della Duck!

Which brings me
To what sealed the deal for me with the new series. In the latest episode “Whatever Happened to Della Duck?!” Della songs a lullaby to an upset and hungry “Moon Mite” (those guys are also a Barksian creation). The tune is set to chiptune “Moon Theme” from the Capcom Ducktales game from 1989- and it made me cry. It now has lyrics- and having had kids who watch the new show as I watched the old show, this was just a giant hug from the makers of the latest iteration of Ducktales. It was like a warm hug from people who are in the same phase of life as I am, who just kind of said “we get it.” And it made me feel really good to know that the makers of the show have so much respect for where the series came from as well as where super fans would like to see it go.

I’m just pleasantly surprised and thankful that the series is so well done.

Scrooged

Original Poster
It's ok. Can't hold a candle to the 80's series.
The tone for each is very different. I find the newer one to be more engaging as far storyline and continuity, whereas the 80s one is much more charming and compact. I, for one, enjoy contemplating the fate of Della Duck with my kids in the new series while exploring themes of mythology and history that has been brought up in the old series.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It's ok. Can't hold a candle to the 80's series.
The original DuckTales is probably my favorite cartoon series ever. I absolutely love it. The new version however....

Is even better.

My son and I have watched every episode of the newer DT several times, I also own the original series on digital, going back and watching those, while great, they aren’t quite as good as the new version.

Scrooged

Original Poster
The original DuckTales is probably my favorite cartoon series ever. I absolutely love it. The new version however....

Is even better.

My son and I have watched every episode of the newer DT several times, I also own the original series on digital, going back and watching those, while great, they aren’t quite as good as the new version.
I personally have more fond memories of the original, however I do quite enjoy watching the new series with my boys. IT's one of the few TV shows that has kept their interest for a long period of time. It also has gotten my youngest obsessed with the Three Caballeros- which is a wonderful thing in and of itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom