Any idea when Halloweentime-related closures will be announced?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
For the Disneyland vets: we have scheduled our once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disneyland from the east coast for this August 24-29th. Disneyland has now announced its Halloweentime dates (commencing 9/6), but has not been forthcoming with any information about what closures to expect. (I've e-mailed Disneyland and got no response.)

Any idea when this information will be announced? I'm taking it as a given, based on past scheduling, that the Haunted Mansion will be closed for its overlay for our entire trip, and that Space Mountain might be down for at least part of it, as well (although that overlay hasn't been announced). But what about all the other things that are supposedly part of the Oogie Boogie Bash? It looks like all of Cars Land and the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail are going to get special overlays and/or decorating, and Guardians of the Galaxy will have a seasonal show. Is it possible that they'll shut down all of those attractions during our visit, too? I don't want to be an alarmist, but if there's a chance that holiday overlays will cause us to miss out on not just one or two, but several of the attractions that are unique to Disneyland, we may need to seriously think about canceling or postponing our trip, and the time to do that without incurring heavy penalties is dwindling fast. Any wisdom you can give would be appreciated!

Last edited:

truecoat

For the Disneyland vets: we have scheduled our once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disneyland from the east coast for this August 24-29th. Disneyland has now announced its Halloweentime dates (commencing 9/6), but has not been forthcoming with any information about what closures to expect. (I've e-mailed Disneyland and got no response.)

Any idea when this information will be announced? I'm taking it as a given, based on past scheduling, that the Haunted Mansion will be closed for its overlay for our entire trip, and that Space Mountain might be down for at least part of it, as well (although that overlay hasn't been announced). But what about all the other things that are supposedly part of the Oogie Boogie Bash? It looks like all of Cars Land and the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail are going to get special overlays and/or decorating, and Guardians of the Galaxy will have a seasonal show. Is it possible that they'll shut down all of those attractions during our visit, too? I don't want to be an alarmist, but if there's a chance that holiday overlays will cause us to miss out on not just one or two, but several of the attractions that are unique to Disneyland, we may need to seriously think about canceling or postponing our trip, and the time to do that without incurring heavy penalties is dwindling fast. Any wisdom you can give would be appreciated!

I'm not sure the Guardians ride needs to close. They would run it normal until 3 or 4 then change it over so I think it's ok. I'm not a big fan of it and like the regular GOTG ride much better.

BasiltheBatLord

Don't they do the Cars Land decorations overnight? Pretty sure they wouldn't close the land for that. Redwood Creek is still a question mark since it's never happened before but my guess is that it will close for the overlay.

DanielBB8

It's a bit early to be given notice. Wait until July or August for announcement of ride closures. I only expect Haunted Mansion to be affected for at least 2 weeks. The rest is park decorations that could be done overnight. Guardians might just have a few days closure.

Phroobar

I'm not sure the Guardians ride needs to close. They would run it normal until 3 or 4 then change it over so I think it's ok. I'm not a big fan of it and like the regular GOTG ride much better.
GOTG ride is just running a different program for it's Monsters after dark. Most of the switch over time is just getting guests off the ride. Then they run the other program with a new lighting package and videos. They might open a few cages like things escaped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom