Any foods NOT at WDW that you wish were offered somewhere on premises???

Jon81uk

I also could go for an authentic cheesesteak from Philly, Cajun cuisine from Louisiana, and a BBQ spot that features bbq from around the country (Carolina bbq, Kansas bbq, Texas bbq, etc.)

As a Brit I hadn't really come across the cheesesteak sandwich before and had my first at the food court at All Star Movies resort back in 2001, I remember the thin freshly cooked steak, peppers and onions being great and the beef juices dripping out onto the fries. It might not have been authentic to someone from Philly, but it was delicious to me. Sadly it doesn't seem to be offered at food courts any longer.

Goofy213

It's hard to find a genre of food that they don't already have. How about a villian themed Cannibalism Restraunt. They only "serve" the guest that can't pay for their vacation.

Not family friendly enough (or slightly illegal). Then how about just adding a Hooters somewhere. Great and interesting restraunt with plenty of atmosphere, I hear they have good wings too.

correcaminos

I think they have done quite the opposite, they have taken foods and tried to fancy them up and ruined them, the taco salad at Pecos Bills, is one example, Grilled cheese at Roaring Forks is another.
Sorry I have to disagree. The food has become increasingly bland as a whole. There are a few newer places that do okay, but really we're at the point where Disney food is ignored by us due to their removal of flavor. Marrakesh is the worst offender IMO. Sadly it seems people still are too afraid to go. I personally am thrilled anytime they try something better than boring foods. My house likes flavor and not bland things.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's hard to find a genre of food that they don't already have. How about a villian themed Cannibalism Restraunt. They only "serve" the guest that can't pay for their vacation.

Not family friendly enough (or slightly illegal). Then how about just adding a Hooters somewhere. Great and interesting restraunt with plenty of atmosphere, I hear they have good wings too.

I think a tilted kilt is a no brainer add to Epcot. They can put it next to that Mary poppins ride that was ”greenlit/redlit”. And right next to the Brazil pavilion that was “greenlit/redlit” and is currently under construction under the Harry Potter cloak of invisibility to be Open “for the 50th”....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry I have to disagree. The food has become increasingly bland as a whole. There are a few newer places that do okay, but really we're at the point where Disney food is ignored by us due to their removal of flavor. Marrakesh is the worst offender IMO. Sadly it seems people still are too afraid to go. I personally am thrilled anytime they try something better than boring foods. My house likes flavor and not bland things.

Exactly...

And it’s so widespread it’s policy.

We went to Marrakesh for the first time in years in late December and I could not believe how much worse it was than years ago. I think the actual food was frozen from 1984...authentic indeed.

So that’s a “never again” for me.

It’s not just there....a lot of my favorites are decayed or gone.

They replaced artists point for a crappy buffet with animals. There’s no going back there. Storytellers cafe is awful...so “let’s transport it east?”

I’ve seen bad menu trends at places like jiko and citricos since the wretched coupon plan.

Even the vaunted California grill came out of rehab forgetting how to cook - or more like with a 50% reduction on what kinds of food they could order.

Not just the high ends either. Olivia’s menu has been gone for along time. Whispering canyon has declined...most of the resort sit downs - in fact.

We tend to eat outsourced food now...not by design - it just seems to go that way.

Last edited:

Hockey89

Exactly...

We went to Marrakesh for the first time in years in late December and I could not believe how much worse it was than year ago. I think the actual food was frozen from 1984...authentic indeed.

They replaced artists point for a crappy buffet with animals. There’s no going back there. Storytellers cafe is awful...so “let’s transport it east?”

I’ve seen bad menu trends at places like jiko and citricos since the wretched coupon plan.

Even the vaunted California grill came out of rehab forgetting how to cook - or more like with a 50% reduction on what kinds of food they could order.

Not just the high ends either. Olivia’s menu has been gone for along time. Whispering canyon has declined...most of the resort sit downs - in fact.

We tend to eat outsourced food now...not by design - it just seems to go that way.
100%... V&A was not nearly as good this summer from the past ten times I went.... The waitress was so weird and annoying too which has never happened there...

Capa was are only great meal....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
100%... V&A was not nearly as good this summer from the past ten times I went.... The waitress was so weird and annoying too which has never happened there...

Capa was are only great meal....

And capa is designed to cater to the real high end clientele - not the “faux” crowd that is being milked for bobs retirement and is largely unaware of it:

Disappointing to hear about V&As...It’s sad

It was never about the money...I don’t have a problem with that.

But if the food declines AND it’s gone up 150% or so during this “boom”???...then it’s not worth dealing with aggravation of expectation vs product

Hockey89

And capa is designed to cater to the real high end clientele - not the “faux” crowd that is being milked for bobs retirement and is largely unaware of it:

Disappointing to hear about V&As...It’s said.

It was never about the money...I don’t have a problem with that.

But if the food declines AND it’s gone up 150% or so during this “boom”???...then it’s not worth dealing with aggravation of expectation vs product
I'm not sure I would go back. I don't care about a 1,200 bill but I'm not risking it if that is the future.... We always go to the Victoria room and had great experiences... Hoping it was an off night but to spend that money/bring a jacket... Im not sure....

Tony the Tigger

Are you sure you’re ‘Murican?

Burgers with bacon and taters iz all the flavors we need!

🤣

It’s not just Disney. Great local place down here (Ft Laud) had my fave lobster roll. Then it went bland. Why? People complained it was “too spicy.” 🥴

Hunting down tasty splurge meals is our main goal at WDW these days.

correcaminos

Are you sure you’re ‘Murican?

Burgers with bacon and taters iz all the flavors we need!

🤣

It’s not just Disney. Great local place down here (Ft Laud) had my fave lobster roll. Then it went bland. Why? People complained it was “too spicy.” 🥴

Hunting down tasty splurge meals is our main goal at WDW these days.

I'm American, but not 'Murican ;) I actually avoid red meat as a whole if possible. Bacon is meh. Taters? eh.

Where I live we have a lot of mom and pop owned restaurants of different types. Sure you can get meat & potatoes if you need, but we have so much better out there.

Now I cannot handle heat, but I can handle flavor. Too many seem to be the opposite at times - love to show off how much heat they can eat with wings, but if you give them spiced (flavor, not heat) food, they balk. *sigh*

There are a few good ones at WDW, but not many.

Heppenheimer

Exactly...

We went to Marrakesh for the first time in years in late December and I could not believe how much worse it was than years ago. I think the actual food was frozen from 1984...authentic indeed.

The reason for all of this seems obvious. If you're having a really good meal at Disney World, one that challenges your pre-conceptions, features subtle or unfamiliar flavoring, differing textures, and/or novel combinations, look around you. There will almost certainly be empty tables, because the masses have voted with their feet for bland, familiar and reassuring. Everytime Disney tries something better, it eventually gets dialed down due to lack of business. Consider the fate of Artist's Point, the original Akershusm, or the early Skipper's Canteen. All great restaurants, but you never needed a reservation because the places never filled up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The reason for all of this seems obvious. If you're having a really good meal at Disney World, one that challenges your pre-conceptions, features subtle or unfamiliar flavoring, differing textures, and/or novel combinations, look around you. There will almost certainly be empty tables, because the masses have voted with their feet for bland, familiar and reassuring. Everytime Disney tries something better, it eventually gets dialed down due to lack of business. Consider the fate of Artist's Point, the original Akershusm, or the early Skipper's Canteen. All great restaurants, but you never needed a reservation because the places never filled up.

I’m not disputing the “cause”...only the “effect”

If I trusted in humanity - people would pay attention and stop paying for it...
Luckily I don’t.

Jon81uk

Exactly...

Marrakesh isn’t owned or run by Disney, any changes they are making is just to try and get people through the doors. It wouldn’t be policy to make the food blander, just an attempt to appeal to lowest common denominator to get more customers.

Also Artist Point is a prix fixe three course meal, not a buffet, reports are the food is good even if it isn’t a signature level anymore it’s still a decent table service from what’s been said. But again the restaurant as it was didn’t draw people in so they needed something to bring more people in, particularly now that the majority of Wilderness Lodge is DVC guests.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Marrakesh isn’t owned or run by Disney, any changes they are making is just to try and get people through the doors. It wouldn’t be policy to make the food blander, just an attempt to appeal to lowest common denominator to get more customers.

Also Artist Point is a prix fixe three course meal, not a buffet, reports are the food is good even if it isn’t a signature level anymore it’s still a decent table service from what’s been said. But again the restaurant as it was didn’t draw people in so they needed something to bring more people in, particularly now that the majority of Wilderness Lodge is DVC guests.

If the mandate is to roll 400 people an hour through every location...the food and service will suck.

We can act like that’s not by case...just like I occasionally act like the Queen of Sheba

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom