Any foods NOT at WDW that you wish were offered somewhere on premises???

yedliW

LOL! I don't know how I'd explain that to my boss. If I was mailing one to an out-of-towner, I could say I was performing an errand as a cultural ambassador, but delivering to a local is a different situation... ;)

While we're on the topic of upstate foods that would be great to have in WDW, though, it occurs to me that Zweigle's Pop-Open hot dogs (red and white) would be a huge hit in the parks! They are the Cadillac of hot dogs, and my understanding is that they're hard to find outside of this part of the country.

All kidding aside, as much as I love the local fare, when I travel, I like to stay away from what I can get at home. I like to try new things and prefer to eat at places and try things I can't find readily at home.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Although I love me some scrapple anytime, anywhere... something tells me that this item would not be a particularly popular order at Disney World, beyond those of us who grew up in that area. It's the one Philly regional food that I think you just can't convert adults to.

... which reminded me of another nearby regional food, that would be awesome if they could do it, but probably would be impossible year-round in Florida: steamed Maryland blue crab with Olde Bay seasoning.

Failing that, though, they could probably manage Maryland crabcakes.

LOL! yeah, most people wouldn't just end up liking scrapple. Although, it would probably get a reputation similar to Beverly! You either hate it or you love it:p

Maryland Blue Crab w/Old Bay is one of my favorites and would be incredible at WDW! If they could do a decent crab cake, I'd be ok with that.

yedliW

Short for kimmelweck. It is a hard roll with salt and caraway seeds on top. Highly delicious!

westie

A couple trips back there was a stand in front of the China pavillion that had a mongolian beef sandwich. Which was of course mongolian beef, onions, sauce on a bau bun. Somehow everyday I made my way back there and haven't seen it since. While neither regional or authentic, holy moly it was good!

ninjaprincesst

Normal tacos, (meat, lettuce , cheese tomato shell), beef barbeque (not pork), the normal taco salad that Pecos' bills used to have and some plain nachos, just chips cheese and jalapeno.

Orangeanna

I know it's a small thing but they used to sell hummus snack packs in mk and I haven't seen them in a while. My daughter loves them. Fruit and cheese plates are making a comeback, as long as it's not just that baby" cheese! Healthy, fresh snacks would be awesome! Tired of junk. And yes to real authentic ethnic food. It's time. Waiting for an India pavilion in epcot. Why not India instead of Australia? Great food. Guess that's a different thread🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The World has soooo many dining options from all over the globe. However, it doesn't have everything.

What is something that you wish you could eat at WDW that isn't currently offered?
See below
Really as a whole I wish they'd stop dumbing down not so average american foods (to some) because others fear the flavor. I feel most food there has been a bit too "Americanized"
Apply to question above.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As a former Philly kid...

Cheesesteaks are REALLY hard to replicate outside of the Philadelphia/NY area unless you can get the bread just right. This is the key ingredient, and most parts of country just don't have access to good hoagie rolls.

Bread is the only thing that really matters in a good sammich

If the world knew about the bread at tony Luke’s on Oregon...bad sandwiches would cease to exist...at least that’s my theory 😉

ninjaprincesst

Although I take a firmly neutral stance in the on-going BBQ wars, I think if Disney picked one particularly style, there'd be an uproar from the regions that were left out.
They pretty much have picked one particular style , it is all pork, pulled pork, pork ribs, there is nowhere to get just good ole brisket or a chopped brisket sandwich.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Although I take a firmly neutral stance in the on-going BBQ wars, I think if Disney picked one particularly style, there'd be an uproar from the regions that were left out.

There'd be much dislike from Texas, just like whomever decided to ruin brisket in Toy Story land by adding cheese on top of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom