Any foods NOT at WDW that you wish were offered somewhere on premises???

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
The World has soooo many dining options from all over the globe. However, it doesn't have everything.

What is something that you wish you could eat at WDW that isn't currently offered?

Hockey89

Really as a whole I wish they'd stop dumbing down not so average american foods (to some) because others fear the flavor. I feel most food there has been a bit too "Americanized"
No question.... China is a perfect example... They could have "real" Szechuan food... A smoking hot Indian menu would be pretty awesome too.... Instead you don't get even an oz of spicy while at Disney...

Heppenheimer

Really as a whole I wish they'd stop dumbing down not so average american foods (to some) because others fear the flavor. I feel most food there has been a bit too "Americanized"
The general "dumbing down" of EPCOT is a sad phenomena that continues unabated. Although the food was never particularly adventurous at the China and Italy pavilions, there has been a definite "blandening" at the remainder of the pavilions through the decades.

I haven't eaten at the Snow White restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge since it changed, but from the videos I've seen, it looks like they've significantly dumbed down the menu from what was available at Artist's Point. The food at least looks decent, but no longer distinct or matching the Pacific NW theme.

Back to the original question, though. I'd love me some Schnitzel or Schweinshaxe at the German pavilion or elsewhere. And maybe some poutine at the Canadian pavilion that uses actual cheese curds, rather than that amorphous yellow goop they claim qualifies as "cheese".

As a matter of fact, what the Canadian pavilion really could use that would perfectly represent the country... a quick service Tim Horton's! It might confuse Canadian guests, though, since there couldn't be a drive-through window within the park.

Amos1784

A few I wish WDW had...

1. Great American Waffle company like in Tokyo, maybe with expanded options (savory and sweet)
2. Their own Brewery(s) on property, at one point and time I would say this would never happen however now with the shifting culture to bars/lounges and alcohol never say never.
3. Beaver Tails in Canada, have never tried but seems like the perfect opportunity.
4. Authentic Ramen, this is such an increasing trend, and while Morimoto's spicy pork ramen is delicious a whole quick service location could be dedicated to it specifically.

As others have mentioned, just in general not dumbing down dishes, a little spice and flavor goes a long way!

Weather_Lady

I'd love it if WDW had a good Indian restaurant. I know Sanaa has some items that offer "Indian flavors," but I wish there was more of it (and that Disney chefs weren't so afraid of spices).

Ditto for Scandinavian cuisine. I'm not particularly well-traveled, but I've been to Sweden multiple times, and the few Scandinavian "inspired" dishes at Akershus are pale, flavorless imitations of the amazing and diverse cuisine - with some unique ingredients and unusual proteins - that the region has to offer.

Heppenheimer

I'd love it if WDW had a good Indian restaurant. I know Sanaa has some items that offer "Indian flavors," but I wish there was more of it (and that Disney chefs weren't so afraid of spices).

Ditto for Scandinavian cuisine. I'm not particularly well-traveled, but I've been to Sweden multiple times, and the few Scandinavian "inspired" dishes at Akershus are pale, flavorless imitations of the amazing and diverse cuisine - with some unique ingredients and unusual proteins - that the region has to offer.
Things may have changed since I lived in Europe (2008-2014), but I will note that Norway has/had a reputation of having some of the most bland food in Europe. So perhaps in this case, Disney is actually getting it right! If they wanted to slip in some Swedish and Danish food, though, I wouldn't mind... unless they opened a can of Surströmming in the restaurant. That smell probably wouldn't fit well with the princess theme.

Heppenheimer

I would like to see a Brazilian restaurant with the gauchos walking around with meat on a stick. I would like a decent Chinese restaurant. I would also like to see a menu item of fried chicken and waffles, which would so easy at WDW
Two years ago during my last visit, Sleepy Hollow sold a mini chicken and waffles dish. I understand Sleepy Hollow changes their menu all the time, so I have no idea if the item is still available.

Heppenheimer

I also could go for an authentic cheesesteak from Philly, Cajun cuisine from Louisiana, and a BBQ spot that features bbq from around the country (Carolina bbq, Kansas bbq, Texas bbq, etc.)
As a former Philly kid...

Cheesesteaks are REALLY hard to replicate outside of the Philadelphia/NY area unless you can get the bread just right. This is the key ingredient, and most parts of country just don't have access to good hoagie rolls.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
As a former Philly kid...

Cheesesteaks are REALLY hard to replicate outside of the Philadelphia/NY area unless you can get the bread just right. This is the key ingredient, and most parts of country just don't have access to good hoagie rolls.

oh i hear ya! I'm from South Jersey myself, and yes, they are not easy to replicate, at least correctly. But man, it would be awesome to head over to the American Adventure and order a philly cheesesteak wit! 😋

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom